HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#6: Ducks @ Flyers - Thursday, Oct. 21, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
10-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Flyskippy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
From what I have seen, ALOT of fans say we. I say we for eagles and all the Philly teams....but really, who the **** really cares (other then you I guess)?

I think Richie is harder to replace. He isnt doing so well right now, but I wouldnt just trade him. Carter I think I would be up for trading. Hartnell on his game is very good. He will always take penalties, nothing you can do about it, but a Hartnell who plays hard and rough while contributing offensively is very usefull for the team.
I am finding that a debate with NWO is a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:30 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
What a joke. Every time someone calls you on your verbal diarrhea, you refuse to actually show a logical conclusion to the crap you spew.

Just once, I'd love to see you not only spout off some useless hypothetical, but actually do ANY legwork behind demonstrating why you think you're right.

All you do is sit back, insult people for not sharing your opinion, and proclaim yourself to have some grand insight without ever showing a scrap of support as to why you think that way.

Do you behave that way in other areas of your life, too? You must be terrible at writing persuasive essays.
Calls me on what?A logical conclusion. It isnt a matter of right or wrong fanboy. Useless hypothetical, if you say so.

What i said was if they acquired a dman as part of a package for Carter, then they could possibly trade one of the dman on the roster for another piece of the puzzle. Common sense tells you that would be an offensive piece. So then he goes on to highlight 1 area and says it will mean more time for shelley and carcillo. You keeping up so far? Go back read what i posted fanboy you have a little time before mommy is done making dinner..

My days of writing essays are long gone son, by about 18 years.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Did nwo really recommend trading carter for a top 6 forward with size, who likely won't be as good? It would make more sense to trade our 76 conference title for a time machine, to round up gretzky, mario, and lindros...and if you haven't noticed, that's all a load of nonsense.

Edit: WHY TRADE FOR A ****ING DEFENSEMAN THIS TEAM DOESN'T NEED ANY MORE. What next, you recommend we trade carter for two or three more centers?

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:36 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Did nwo really recommend trading carter for a top 6 forward with size, who likely won't be as good? It would make more sense to trade our 76 conference title for a time machine, to round up gretzky, mario, and lindros...and if you haven't noticed, that's all a load of nonsense.

Edit: WHY TRADE FOR A ****ING DEFENSEMAN THIS TEAM DOESN'T NEED ANY MORE. What next, you recommend we trade carter for two or three more centers?
thats exactly what i said. Glad you can read.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Calls me on what?A logical conclusion. It isnt a matter of right or wrong fanboy. Useless hypothetical, if you say so.

What i said was if they acquired a dman as part of a package for Carter, then they could possibly trade one of the dman on the roster for another piece of the puzzle. Common sense tells you that would be an offensive piece. So then he goes on to highlight 1 area and says it will mean more time for shelley and carcillo. You keeping up so far? Go back read what i posted fanboy you have a little time before mommy is done making dinner..

I can handle your ridiculous thoughts on the team, as I've learned not to take them seriously long ago, but I just can't get over how badly you type and how lame your insults are.

Trying to read badly written jokes involving the words "fanboy" and "mommy" is like an assault on my senses.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Richards wont be moved. For Carter i would want a top 6 winger(dotn feel like looking for potential names right now) hopefully with size. Another complimentary player and pick/prospect. I realize the flyers are moving the better player probably, though you still can improve your team. If that other player were a dman then you can consider possibly moving one of the other dman for another piece to the puzzle. IMO they need to be on diff teams for the better of both of them long term.
actually, that is exactly what you said.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:39 PM
jb**

Quote:
actually, that is exactly what you said.
Correct, what you said was just top 6 forward, you forgot to mention the other parts of the trade now didnt you.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:42 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I can handle your ridiculous thoughts on the team, as I've learned not to take them seriously long ago, but I just can't get over how badly you type and how lame your insults are.

Trying to read badly written jokes involving the words "fanboy" and "mommy" is like an assault on my senses.
Your going to criticize my typing, oh my what shall i do? I hope my itsy bitsy feelings dotn get upset.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:44 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Correct, what you said was just top 6 forward, you forgot to mention the other parts of the trade now didnt you.
But see, how does trading a good player for a worse player, a most likely 4th line maybe play 3rd line guy (complementary ussually means a typical 20 or so point player, or aka Powe/Carcillo/Nodl) and a pick really help out the team? We are trying to win this season, so downgrading pretty much everything doesnt help.

Now wouldnt keeping Carter till free agency and grabbing what, 2 1st round picks or something be more beneficial then watching as Homer tries to trade him and will most likely trade for an old defender and a late round pick?

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
oh, the prospect part? yeah, that's even dumber. so, we'd likely downgrade at forward, at a time when this team is in win NOW mode...but its ok, because we'd get a player who might be good someday! i was trying to do you a favor by not addressing that.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:49 PM
jb**

Quote:
But see, how does trading a good player for a worse player, a most likely 4th line guy (complementary ussually means a typical 20 or so point player) and a pick.

Now wouldnt keeping Carter till free agency and grabbing what, 2 1st round picks or something be more beneficial then watching as Homer tries to trade him and will most likely trade for an old defender and a late round pick?
Your trading him for a winger who while not as talented as carter is still no slouch. You act like i want to move him for scraps. I dont. Sometimes adding other quality pieces(not a carcillo, nodl type) is > than having the one very good piece. Look at the phils when Abreu was moved(granted that was a terrible return) the phils removed him from the equation and they started to take the next steps.

Well the part about Shooter i agree with as i have no faith he would make a good deal. Teams are not going to offer sheet a flyers player in all likely hood. All the teams know how vindictive the flyers are and that would open a can of worms the other team probably doesnt want opened. Could it happen sure, but not likely imo.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:50 PM
jb**

Quote:
oh, the prospect part? yeah, that's even dumber. so, we'd likely downgrade at forward, at a time when this team is in win NOW mode...but its ok, because we'd get a player who might be good someday! i was trying to do you a favor by not addressing that.
Again go back and read.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Again go back and read.
cool. so you want to move carter for two players? where do they fit on the roster or under the cap? i'd rather have a good carter (who isn't lazy by the way. the guy works, but he just isnt meant for the wing), than a lesser player....and an even lesser player. we have enough of those guys. we don't have an abundance for goal scorers.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:55 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Your trading him for a winger who while not as talented as carter is still no slouch. You act like i want to move him for scraps. I dont. Sometimes adding other quality pieces(not a carcillo, nodl type) is > than having the one very good piece. Look at the phils when Abreu was moved(granted that was a terrible return) the phils removed him from the equation and they started to take the next steps.

Well the part about Shooter i agree with as i have no faith he would make a good deal. Teams are not going to offer sheet a flyers player in all likely hood. All the teams know how vindictive the flyers are and that would open a can of worms the other team probably doesnt want opened. Could it happen sure, but not likely imo.
If Flyers all of a sudden dont want to keep Carter, I can see offer sheets being thrown out. Carter is a good player, even if some people hate him. HE will offer interest even if theres the whole Flyers vendetta thing.

I see your proposal as quality for quantity. We really dont need MORE players. We have about a million 3rd/4th liners. There really is no need to trade him unless the other team is overpaying. If Carter cant play wing, move him to center and play Giroux on the wing next to Richie. Unless the other team is overpaying I dont want to trade Carter YET. I just think free agency will give us alot more. I know 1st round picks are a unknown thing, but the way Homer trades picks, and the way some of our contracts are and might look like in the future, we are going to need cheap young players who can play in the top 9.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:55 PM
jb**

Quote:
cool. so you want to move carter for two players? where do they fit on the roster or under the cap? i'd rather have a good carter (who isn't lazy by the way. the guy works, but he just isnt meant for the wing), than a lesser player....and an even lesser player. we have enough of those guys. we don't have an abundance for goal scorers.
Your right, keep the whole team intact. I have no idea where they would fit. GM's never find a way to make things work. Not hard to send guys down on the farm at all.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:57 PM
jb**

Quote:
If Flyers all of a sudden dont want to keep Carter, I can see offer sheets being thrown out. Carter is a good player, even if some people hate him. HE will offer interest even if theres the whole Flyers vendetta thing.

I see your proposal as quality for quantity. We really dont need MORE players. We have about a million 3rd/4th liners. There really is no need to trade him unless the other team is overpaying. If Carter cant play wing, move him to center and play Giroux on the wing next to Richie. Unless the other team is overpaying I dont want to trade Carter YET. I just think free agency will give us alot more. I know 1st round picks are a unknown thing, but the way Homer trades picks, and the way some of our contracts are and might look like in the future, we are going to need cheap young players who can play in the top 9.
Not at all, your getting a top winger, in addtion to legit a 3rd line guy, no 4th line players. The only way an offer sheet is done is if the other team talks to the flyers and it is prearranged imo.

Old
10-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Your right, keep the whole team intact. I have no idea where they would fit. GM's never find a way to make things work. Not hard to send guys down on the farm at all.
look *******, take your own advice and learn how to read. i've never said "OH NOES KEEP THE TEEM TOGEDDER." Making drastic changes to the core of the team only 6 games after a stanley cup final run is downright stupid. 20 games in, if this is still going on, move someone. taking such action now is knee-jerk, pointless, and can only damage the team more than help them. Plus, your accusations against players have been completely contrived in your own head. you've yet to provide a single good, valid reason to move carter, or even hartnell. start naming players to get for them, and maybe this will do well.

and as for trading, do you really trust homer to manage this well? please refer to the gagne debacle and the offseason to see how good homer is at managing assets. the main reason im against moving carter, is that it seems guaranteed that homer will **** it up

Old
10-22-2010, 04:08 PM
jb**

Quote:
look *******, take your own advice and learn how to read. i've never said "OH NOES KEEP THE TEEM TOGEDDER." Making drastic changes to the core of the team only 6 games after a stanley cup final run is downright stupid. 20 games in, if this is still going on, move someone. taking such action now is knee-jerk, pointless, and can only damage the team more than help them. Plus, your accusations against players have been completely contrived in your own head. you've yet to provide a single good, valid reason to move carter, or even hartnell. start naming players to get for them, and maybe this will do well.

and as for trading, do you really trust homer to manage this well? please refer to the gagne debacle and the offseason to see how good homer is at managing assets. the main reason im against moving carter, is that it seems guaranteed that homer will **** it up
that is the part you dont seem to get. It isnt only 6 games.
what accusations are you talking about?

No i have no faith i Shooter, that we agree on.

Old
10-22-2010, 04:10 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:

Fanboy? Wow, you're really reaching on this one. Maybe you have a reading comprehension issue, but I'm usually one of the first ones to jump on the, "I'd trade Carter for the right parts," package. The difference is, I'll actually entertain rational discourse on what right parts may be, or how we get that done REALISTICALLY.

Let me illustrate the problem with all of your silly little hypotheticals:

You run out and just shout, "trade Carter for a top 6 winger with size, maybe a prospect." Which, as has been noted, doesn't actually help us all that much right now - when we need to win.

Then you go on to drop an even BETTER gem about trading Carter with the principal piece for coming the other way being a defenseman.

Now, since you're obviously slow, let me help you understand why spouting that garbage makes you look like a total idiot (other than the fact that you clearly are):

Our team is loaded with defensemen who don't have enough playing time to split up between them, and collectively represent a huge portion of our cap space. If we trade Jeff Carter for another defenseman, and then need to flip a defenseman for a forward, guess what? Teams know that we now REALLY need to move a d-man who otherwise will be riding the pine. And that will likely mean a diminished return for whichever defenseman we subsequently trade for "other parts to the puzzle," as you like to say. (Nevermind the fact that you have very little clue as to who those other parts may be, or who our trading partners may be).

Have you ever heard of supply and demand? Or is that concept over your head? If we have a plethora of defensemen and need to get rid of one of them, teams know that we have to move somebody or he's a wasted asset and therefore have more bargaining power.

Tell me a player you'd like to trade Carter for. An actual person, who we could maybe realistically actually make a deal for. Go ahead, name one person.

You probably can't, 'cause you have no idea what you're talking about.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 04:18 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Fanboy? Wow, you're really reaching on this one. Maybe you have a reading comprehension issue, but I'm usually one of the first ones to jump on the, "I'd trade Carter for the right parts," package. The difference is, I'll actually entertain rational discourse on what right parts may be, or how we get that done REALISTICALLY.

Let me illustrate the problem with all of your silly little hypotheticals:

You run out and just shout, "trade Carter for a top 6 winger with size, maybe a prospect." Which, as has been noted, doesn't actually help us all that much right now - when we need to win.

Then you go on to drop an even BETTER gem about trading Carter with the principal piece for coming the other way being a defenseman.

Now, since you're obviously slow, let me help you understand why spouting that garbage makes you look like a total idiot (other than the fact that you clearly are):

Our team is loaded with defensemen who don't have enough playing time to split up between them, and collectively represent a huge portion of our cap space. If we trade Jeff Carter for another defenseman, and then need to flip a defenseman for a forward, guess what? Teams know that we now REALLY need to move a d-man who otherwise will be riding the pine. And that will likely mean a diminished return for whichever defenseman we subsequently trade for "other parts to the puzzle," as you like to say. (Nevermind the fact that you have very little clue as to who those other parts may be, or who our trading partners may be).

Have you ever heard of supply and demand? Or is that concept over your head? If we have a plethora of defensemen and need to get rid of one of them, teams know that we have to move somebody or he's a wasted asset and therefore have more bargaining power.

Tell me a player you'd like to trade Carter for. An actual person, who we could maybe realistically actually make a deal for. Go ahead, name one person.

You probably can't, 'cause you have no idea what you're talking about.
Not what i said at all. Your right i cant name one player. Can you explain the supply and demand thing you mentioned as not familiar with what that means.

A GM could never have deals in place contingent upon one another, nah that would never happen.

They are so loaded on d they cant find enough time for all them might be the funniest thing i have read in a while.

Old
10-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
that is the part you dont seem to get. It isnt only 6 games.
what accusations are you talking about?

No i have no faith i Shooter, that we agree on.
it's six games. this is a brand new season. last season was much, much different from this one, and there were a few major changes, both with the coaching staff, and with players' personal lives.

i don't know what you mean by accusations.

Old
10-22-2010, 04:22 PM
jb**

Quote:
it's six games. this is a brand new season. last season was much, much different from this one, and there were a few major changes, both with the coaching staff, and with players' personal lives.

i don't know what you mean by accusations.
you said my accusations against players has been completely contrived. What accusations was what i was asking.

Old
10-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
you said my accusations against players has been completely contrived. What accusations was what i was asking.
.....seriously?

im done with this. having a discourse with you is like passing a kidney stone; painful, and ideally, avoidable

edit: eh, that was harsh. sorry. im proud of the analogy though, so that stays

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 10-22-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old
10-22-2010, 08:11 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Not what i said at all. Your right i cant name one player. Can you explain the supply and demand thing you mentioned as not familiar with what that means.

A GM could never have deals in place contingent upon one another, nah that would never happen.

They are so loaded on d they cant find enough time for all them might be the funniest thing i have read in a while.
We are. Not with talent, but with bodies. We have 8 d-men on the roster (including the gimp on IR). If we trade Jeff Carter for a stud d-man, that makes 9. Having that many is unsustainable, and everyone in the league knows it...why would they trade a fair piece for one of our defensemen when they know we're in such a position that we HAVE to move them?

Seriously, provide us with some insight into the rationale behind all of your trade mongering. I'm honestly just curious to see your thought process, because it must be a fascinating one. Instead of talking about how bad the team is and who you want off the team, how about providing an actual opinion as to who you would want ON it? You say so much with all of your posts, but never actually say anything.

It should be noted that I'm not even against shaking up this roster; I've been saying since the 2008 ECF that Jeff Carter is not big for this team when we need him most and that I'd be willing to trade him. I have considerable issues with some of the people on this roster and the moves made in the offseason. So I'm not even against you in principal, nor am I a fanboy (is that a new buzz word you just recently picked up on, by the way?)

I just want you - for once - to provide a complete and rational thought in which you take one of your many strong opinions and follow it through to a reasonable conclusion.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Flyskippy

Huh. This went well.

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote