HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks Support Rypien

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2010, 01:24 AM
Chairman Maouth

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub View Post
And the plot thickens.

OilerBoy.... did you get in through the doggie door again? Shoo.... scat....

Old
10-21-2010, 01:25 AM
Saren
Multi Pass!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerBoy888 View Post
Alright, and I'll keep it civilized here.
You don't see me ripping into the Sedins or Samuelsson. They go about their business and get the job done. On the other hand, many of you might back up Burrows, remember what he did with Bulin and Niemi? Both times, he spite the goalies and they stood on their head and made Burrows eat crow.

What makes you think he won't do it again? Marty Turco is a siv and Burrows will turn Turco into a Conn Smythe candidate through yapping into Turco's face.

Burrows can pot in 50 goals, heck win the Rocket Richard trophy, then what, goes goaless and disses the opposing team's hasbeen goalies transforming them into MVP all-world goalies.

Give credit where credit is due, if i'm a hawks fan, I'd thank Burrows for the cup.

As for the Oilers and my hatred for the Canucks, I have nothing against you guys, I'd rather talk smack with Flames fans and have someone beat down Iginla. Like a typical homer, if some oiler goon beat down some Flames fan, I'd be happy and hope it continues.

You guys have Torres already, he makes bone crunching game changing hits when it counts and he does not need to yap. Burrows will do something stupid and the opposing team would rally against him. Torres does not do anything like that. As an Oiler fan, I've seen what Torres can do and he can demoralize the opposition with a big hit rather than running up to the goalie and talk trash.

Old
10-21-2010, 01:42 AM
Chairman Maouth

Back to Rypien (the thread topic), I've speculated that because his behavior last night was out of character that there may be more to the story; such as he was possibly spit on. Not sure if that's the case or what, but the OP quote seems to indicate that something went on.

Old
10-21-2010, 02:37 AM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
edit: Wow, that Burrows hate-rant above me is completely incomprehensible.
He's basically calling Burrows out as a louder version of Cooke. Which, frankly, is not all that far from the truth.

The flip side is that Cooke now plays with Crosby - everyone is free to draw their own inferences from that.

Old
10-21-2010, 03:11 AM
JuniorNelson

I think Rypien has a side to the story, too. We have only heard what the fan claims, so far.

I think the fan's claims are questionable about what was said.

I think Rypien needed months off two years ago for personal issues. Perhaps the fan mentioned something.

Consider, if it had been Theo Fleury doing the attack. Could a fan think up something to get under Fleury's skin?

Just saying there is more to this than has been reported so far.

Old
10-21-2010, 03:12 AM
LetsBeReality

Quote:
Alright, and I'll keep it civilized here.
You don't see me ripping into the Sedins or Samuelsson. They go about their business and get the job done. On the other hand, many of you might back up Burrows, remember what he did with Bulin and Niemi? Both times, he spite the goalies and they stood on their head and made Burrows eat crow.

What makes you think he won't do it again? Marty Turco is a siv and Burrows will turn Turco into a Conn Smythe candidate through yapping into Turco's face.

Burrows can pot in 50 goals, heck win the Rocket Richard trophy, then what, goes goaless and disses the opposing team's hasbeen goalies transforming them into MVP all-world goalies.

Give credit where credit is due, if i'm a hawks fan, I'd thank Burrows for the cup.

As for the Oilers and my hatred for the Canucks, I have nothing against you guys, I'd rather talk smack with Flames fans and have someone beat down Iginla. Like a typical homer, if some oiler goon beat down some Flames fan, I'd be happy and hope it continues.

You guys have Torres already, he makes bone crunching game changing hits when it counts and he does not need to yap. Burrows will do something stupid and the opposing team would rally against him. Torres does not do anything like that. As an Oiler fan, I've seen what Torres can do and he can demoralize the opposition with a big hit rather than running up to the goalie and talk trash.
l0lwut ?

You just took the argument and started ranting about things so completely different, I couldn't reach the "ignore" faster.

Old
10-21-2010, 03:18 AM
timorousme
luongod

Quote:

I can't believe the media in Vancouver is so freaking silly.
Yeah, support Rypien, and who else? Bertuzzi, Cooke, Ruutu, and a bunch of cronies. The Canucks would be a better team if they took out some of the retards. Burrows and Bieksa should be sent the door also.

It wouldn't surprise me if management traded for Avery and Tucker just to complete the roster.

Seriously, if you guys got rid of all those troublemaking rejects and jokers, the team would be better and more focused on playing the game and actually winning something.

If any of you Canuck fans support that reject Rypien, I rest my case. I'm sure there are some sensible canuck fans out there knowing the fact that you can be on something great this year if you got rid of the garbage in this team. Those garbage include Bieksa, Burrows, and Rypien. Good riddance for the team for getting rid of Hordichuk. If you think I'm trolling, so be it.
go home to your own board ok

Old
10-21-2010, 03:20 AM
timorousme
luongod

OH HERE COMES AN EDMONTON FAN THEY KNOW EVERYTHING BECAUSE ITS TOO COLD AND ****** TO DO ANYTHING ELSE BUT WATCH HOCKEY

its like the ivory tower that everyone tries to avoid

Old
10-21-2010, 03:52 AM
Moobles

My buddy works at BestBuy and says he's in there pretty often and is pretty nice. So I guess I forgive him.

Old
10-21-2010, 05:58 AM
OilerBoy888*

Quote:
Originally Posted by timorousme View Post
OH HERE COMES AN EDMONTON FAN THEY KNOW EVERYTHING BECAUSE ITS TOO COLD AND ****** TO DO ANYTHING ELSE BUT WATCH HOCKEY

its like the ivory tower that everyone tries to avoid
Umm.....I'm from Vancouver and in Hong Kong for 2 months to work. I watched that entire wild game.

Let's get back to Rypien. Whether he's a goon or not, he crossed the line. That's all we saw in the video. I mean, Materazzi was chirping to Zidane, at the end of the day, who did the headbutting. Whether it's a racial slur, or something about his mom, the one who acts first with violence usually takes the brunt of the punishment.

btw, why would everyone want to avoid an ivory tower? I'd take the ivory and sell it for a lot of cash.

Old
10-21-2010, 06:06 AM
OilerBoy888*

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=832054

There are two things you can notice if you watch closely.

1. Rypien shoves Henrik Sedin when he puts his hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

2. When Rypien attacks the fan Sedin just casually looks back and rather than getting involved to stop or support his teammate just steps onto the ice and skates away.

Old
10-21-2010, 06:11 AM
yukoner88

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
We should trade him for a drunk. Where could we find one?
sign me up, I'll take a 2yr 550k 2-way deal

Old
10-21-2010, 06:54 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Will be interesting to see how many games Rypien gets compared to say

Tortorella 2009: attacking a fan with a bottle (1 game)

Domi 2001: fighting a fan in the penalty box (0 games)

Old
10-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

This can be discussed in the Rypien Incident thread...closed.

Closed Thread