HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Hurricanes - 10/20/2010 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2010, 12:50 PM
sweatypickle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
No, it was Johnson.

Scuderi was the best defenseman last night imo.
Scuderi has been balls out since game one...

Old
10-21-2010, 12:52 PM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Mitchell turned the puck over on the LaRose goal. Johnson didn't turn the puck over per se on the Staal goal, he just exercised poor judgement on trying to keep a bouncing puck in the zone rather than retreating / regrouping in the neutral zone and protecting against an odd man rush.
Yes, that is more accurate. The pinch wasn't so bad, but the hesitation and assumption that his ass was covered was just awful. He took way too long to turn and get back in the play.

Old
10-21-2010, 01:06 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

If Cole isn't suspended for his deliberate attempt to injure DD then my miniscule faith in the NHL will switch to non existent.

Clearly intentional and clearly away from the puck.

Too bad TM didnt have anyone who could go out and send the message to that china doll hack of garbage Cole for what he did, lets see what the league can ( or wont) do.

Old
10-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Brad Doty
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
If Cole isn't suspended for his deliberate attempt to injure DD then my miniscule faith in the NHL will switch to non existent.

Clearly intentional and clearly away from the puck.

Too bad TM didnt have anyone who could go out and send the message to that china doll hack of garbage Cole for what he did, lets see what the league can ( or wont) do.
Reminds me a little bit of the Malkin-Simmonds thing...without commenting on the play itself, Cole gets off scot-free, since we won't see him again till the finals or next year...grr.

Old
10-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
No, it was Johnson.

Scuderi has been the best defenseman this season.
Fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
Scuderi, Drewiske and Muzzin all played very well.
Agreed. Muzzin was very Physical last night and Scuderi made a few key plays by jumping into the play and dumping the puck. That is something we saw very little of last year. The D appears to be struggling with their new roles as a whole, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Reminds me a little bit of the Malkin-Simmonds thing...without commenting on the play itself, Cole gets off scot-free, since we won't see him again till the finals or next year...grr.
The league is ********. Like Tikkanen said in another thread, if Rypien doesn't get more than what Avery got for saying sloppy seconds, they really need to re-evaluate how they handle discipline off the ice.

I wont' be shocked if Cole doesn't get suspended but when compared to similar offenses this year, he should.

Old
10-21-2010, 05:49 PM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
The league is ********. Like Tikkanen said in another thread, if Rypien doesn't get more than what Avery got for saying sloppy seconds, they really need to re-evaluate how they handle discipline off the ice.

I wont' be shocked if Cole doesn't get suspended but when compared to similar offenses this year, he should.
The most telling sign of BS punishment this year was when Wisniewski and Hjalmarsson both got two game suspensions on the same day for completely different reasons.

The NHL basically said hitting someone from behind, potentially injuring them and possibly affecting their career is as equally punishable an offense as an inappropraite gesture at a game.

I still cannot believe they handed out both of those suspensions on the same day. Two games for mocking a BJ and two games for checking from behind.

Old
10-21-2010, 06:53 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Ahh what a wonderful bday I had. Got legally drunk for the first time, Kings won, and my favorite King scored his 1st ever NHL goal. So good

Closed Thread