HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What does Minny need?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-21-2010, 08:50 AM
  #1
mikey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 364
vCash: 500
What does Minny need?

Ottawa fan here.

Lots of rumours involving our two teams... and a lot of it is bogus.

My question to you, is what do you guys need currently? Whats your weakest link in terms of current position? Prospects excluded.

mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 08:54 AM
  #2
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 10,813
vCash: 500
People to stop calling us "Minny"

To answer the question...

- a legit winger to play with Koivu
- a legit 3rd line center (I think Madden and Brodziak are 4th liners right now)
- NOT BRIAN LEE

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 09:23 AM
  #3
mnwildgophers
Registered User
 
mnwildgophers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
What does Otty need?

Here in Minny, we need some more Minnyians.

But in all seriousness, we're probably not good trade partners.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:11 AM
  #4
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 12,852
vCash: 500
1st line sniper basically. We have enough playmakers out there, we just need someone who can actually put the puck in the net.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:14 AM
  #5
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
People to stop calling us "Minny"

To answer the question...

- a legit winger to play with Koivu
- a legit 3rd line center (I think Madden and Brodziak are 4th liners right now)
- NOT BRIAN LEE
Haha. This.

However, be aware this is going to set off a massive string of Burns + Kobasew for Michalek + Kelly + Campoli offers, followed by a bunch of threads explaining how awesome Chris Kelly is, how Michalek never really fit in Ottawa, and how Burns has massive concussion problems, which should lower his value from "untouchable" to "trade for any random 20-goal winger".

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:18 AM
  #6
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 24,390
vCash: 500
I must be the only one who isn't offended by "Minny". Hm.

In my opinion:
- a scoring right winger for Koivu's line (Bouchard should be this guy when he gets healthy)
- a top pairing shutdown defenseman with size
- cap space

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:23 AM
  #7
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 10,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Haha. This.

However, be aware this is going to set off a massive string of Burns + Kobasew for Michalek + Kelly + Campoli offers, followed by a bunch of threads explaining how awesome Chris Kelly is, how Michalek never really fit in Ottawa, and how Burns has massive concussion problems, which should lower his value from "untouchable" to "trade for any random 20-goal winger".
And that will lead to us coming out in droves to truth their *****

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 11:50 AM
  #8
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Otty and Minnesota are probably not the most ideal trading partners. The Wild are lacking a top line right winger and the Sennies are also lacking a top line right winger or one that they would move.

Minnesota probably could move a defenseman and the odd man out would be Barker, in my opinion. I doubt we move any of the others besides Stoner, who is just sitting in the presser at this point.

Minnesota could also probably move a grinder, with Kobasew and Miettinen possibles. Neither one would really help Otty, though, so that's pretty much negligible.

As for NHL ready prospects... Not much. The Sennies need goal tending and with the injury to Harding, the Wild have nothing to offer there except an unproven Khudobin, who is not an upgrade over Elliot (or even Brusty at this point).

I can't remember where I read it... and failed at finding it just now, but the most amusing trade proposal i've read between the Minnesota Wild and the Otty Sennies is Barker + Kobasew for Kovalev. How about a big NO THANKS to that one. LOL

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 12:08 PM
  #9
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Otty and Minnesota are probably not the most ideal trading partners. The Wild are lacking a top line right winger and the Sennies are also lacking a top line right winger or one that they would move.

Minnesota probably could move a defenseman and the odd man out would be Barker, in my opinion. I doubt we move any of the others besides Stoner, who is just sitting in the presser at this point.

Minnesota could also probably move a grinder, with Kobasew and Miettinen possibles. Neither one would really help Otty, though, so that's pretty much negligible.

As for NHL ready prospects... Not much. The Sennies need goal tending and with the injury to Harding, the Wild have nothing to offer there except an unproven Khudobin, who is not an upgrade over Elliot (or even Brusty at this point).

I can't remember where I read it... and failed at finding it just now, but the most amusing trade proposal i've read between the Minnesota Wild and the Otty Sennies is Barker + Kobasew for Kovalev. How about a big NO THANKS to that one. LOL
Agreed. We make bad trading partners. No blueline depth and, now, no goaltending depth.

Unfortunately, almost every team in this league needs a scoring 1st line RW. And even if some team was willing to off-load a legit 1st line RW, the Wild don't have to cap space to strike a trade.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 12:19 PM
  #10
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
People to stop calling us "Minny"

To answer the question...

- a legit winger to play with Koivu
- a legit 3rd line center (I think Madden and Brodziak are 4th liners right now)
- NOT BRIAN LEE
Definitely agree with the bold although the 3rd line center will be back soon.

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 12:24 PM
  #11
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 10,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Definitely agree with the bold although the 3rd line center will be back soon.
I just don't consider Bouchard a center, (I assume he is who you are talking about). Let him be the playmaking winger, and get somebody else to worry about down-low defense in our zone.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 12:26 PM
  #12
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
I just don't consider Bouchard a center, (I assume he is who you are talking about). Let him be the playmaking winger, and get somebody else to worry about down-low defense in our zone.
Kobasew-Brodziak-Bouchard

I'm telling you, that would be a pretty great 3rd or 4th line.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 12:34 PM
  #13
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Okay... I had a thought...

Kick me... I'm stretching on this... call me crazy...

Barker + Kobasew + Stoner for Michalek + Lee. It helps both teams and is pretty much even money.

Ottawa gets two "NHL ready" d-men and a grinder. They get their "rugged" d-man in Stoner and the "blue chip" in Barker. Kobasew compliments Kovalev.

It also benefits the Wild. Lee is able to be assigned to Houston and call up Bagnall and Prosser to be our 6/7.

Arranging our lines with the change...

Brunette - Koivu - Miettinen
Michalek - Cullen - Havlat
Latendresse - Brodziak - Bouchard
Nystrom - Madden - Clutterbuck
Staubitz

Burns - Schultz
Zanon - Zidlicky
Falk - Bagnall/Prosser

I have no idea how the coaches would balance ice time with that forward line up. Three scoring lines?

I've been kicking around the line of Latendresse - Brodziak - Bouchard for a while due to how I think Lats and Bouchard could potentially have great chemistry. Put Brodziak the worker in there... *ponders*

Edit: I also *really* want Nystrom to be a center... and Madden to not be on the team.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 12:44 PM
  #14
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 24,390
vCash: 500
Sens fans won't agree to that trade IMO...

Latendresee - Cullen - Havlat
Brunette - Koivu - Bouchard
Kobasew - Brodziak - Miettinen
Nystrom - Madden - Clutterbuck

I like that.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 12:57 PM
  #15
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,811
vCash: 500
I guess I just don't see the Wild moving Barker not even a year after they just acquired him. And I guess you can probably put me in the minority here, but I think he's actually played pretty well so far this season. In general, I really like the pairing of Falk and Barker. Seems to me Falk's toughness around the net is starting to rub off on Barker from what I've noticed. And both have been fairly adept at moving the puck up ice in transition.

I guess what I'm saying is that I do like the way this defensive corps is shaping up and I really would hate to Fletcher shake up it so early on in the year.

As for Kobasew, meh. I feel like he can provide the team with more but just really isn't put in the greatest position to do so. I'd like to see Richards at least give him a shift or two with Koivu and Brunette and just see what happens. Especially if the team is considering moving him. I mean, why not?

__________________

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 01:44 PM
  #16
paulica
Registered User
 
paulica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Sens fans won't agree to that trade IMO...

Latendresee - Cullen - Havlat
Brunette - Koivu - Bouchard
Kobasew - Brodziak - Miettinen
Nystrom - Madden - Clutterbuck

I like that.
I LOL'ed

I apologize on behalf of Sens fans for our (and by our I mean everyone but me) obsession with trade proposals.

I hope it's not as annoying for you as it is for me

paulica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 03:41 PM
  #17
SeeKpzl8
Registered User
 
SeeKpzl8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richfield, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I must be the only one who isn't offended by "Minny". Hm.

In my opinion:
- a scoring right winger for Koivu's line (Bouchard should be this guy when he gets healthy)
- a top pairing shutdown defenseman with size
- cap space
I dont mind being called "Minny" either. As a matter of fact I kind of like it

SeeKpzl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 03:56 PM
  #18
WildisLaw
Just win, baby
 
WildisLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Napa Valley, Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 3,552
vCash: 500
In summary, Ottawa fans want Havlat. I told them they can't have him. They want to offer Kovalev for him and CF would never make that trade. Besides after all they are looking for Defenseman. Also one of them had the nerve to ask if the Wild's current GM signed Havlat or was it a past GM. Just a travesty. If they have a MINOR deal, then that would be an actual starting point.

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 04:01 PM
  #19
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
In summary, Ottawa fans want Havlat. I told them they can't have him. They want to offer Kovalev for him and CF would never make that trade. Besides after all they are looking for Defenseman. Also one of them had the nerve to ask if the Wild's current GM signed Havlat or was it a past GM. Just a travesty. If they have a MINOR deal, then that would be an actual starting point.
Yeah, Ottawa fans definitely want to magically turn Kovalev into Havlat.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 04:46 PM
  #20
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat
 
llamapalooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,527
vCash: 500
Doesn't Havlat have an NTC anyway?

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 04:52 PM
  #21
Vashanesh
My best outfit
 
Vashanesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 2,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Doesn't Havlat have an NTC anyway?
A full NMC if I remember right.

But most of the Otty proposals insinuate that he'd be MORE than happy to waive it to be sent back up there.

Whether or not he would is, of course, pure speculation.

Vashanesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 05:16 PM
  #22
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 24,390
vCash: 500
They'd be doing us a favor, really. Havlat's a disappointing, underachieving, fragile winger who's a huge cap hit for many years. Kovalev's a big, skilled forward who's got his name on the Stanley Cup and is a free agent after this year, so we can use all that money to sign a free agent forward next summer (they're all waiting in line to sign here, right?).

Plus I heard Kovalev's from Brooklyn Park.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 05:17 PM
  #23
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
They'd be doing us a favor, really. Havlat's a disappointing, underachieving, fragile winger who's a huge cap hit for many years. Kovalev's a big, skilled forward who's got his name on the Stanley Cup and is a free agent after this year, so we can use all that money to sign a free agent forward next summer (they're all waiting in line to sign here, right?).

Plus I heard Kovalev's from Brooklyn Park.
LOL

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 06:56 PM
  #24
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
I just don't consider Bouchard a center, (I assume he is who you are talking about). Let him be the playmaking winger, and get somebody else to worry about down-low defense in our zone.
Sorry, trying to make a Sheppard joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Doesn't Havlat have an NTC anyway?
None of the salary cap sites have it but according to the articles when Havlat signed he has one. Either way, everyone knows Havlat wants to return to Ottawa.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 07:01 PM
  #25
melinko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,128
vCash: 500
We need a legitimate top 6 forward, we are stacked with 3rd line players and tweeners.

A 3rd line player is completely worthless to us.

melinko is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.