HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago-Carolina

Old
10-22-2010, 05:43 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Chicago-Carolina

Canes
Kopecky 1.2 cap hit
2nd Rd. 2011

Hawks
Jokinen 1.7 cap hit

Fills big need positions for both teams. Canes get a 2nd, not sure if should be a 3rd. Kocpecky is a very solid player, but Jokinen has raised his game the past few years and would bring something back at the deadline, good playoff player.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Selke

vCash: 500
Not bad value but it's still not what Carolina would probably want.

They're still competitive aren't they? I doubt they'd want to trade last year's best scorer.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:13 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamsHjammer View Post
Not bad value but it's still not what Carolina would probably want.

They're still competitive aren't they? I doubt they'd want to trade last year's best scorer.
IMO, they're a 5th seed points wise. With Kopecky, they still absolutely make the playoffs, prolly 6th or 7th. The 2nd gives you something back for Jokinen for sure while getting a centerman to hold down the fort for now. The team being a cup contender comes down to the play of Staal, Ward and young guys stepping up. If these things are happening, you take the .500 extra cap space and what else you have to go after a guy like Richards later and go for the cup. It's somewhat of a busness trade too, which is why it seems possible to me.

Old
10-22-2010, 06:33 PM
newellky

no reason for the hawks to disrupt hossa by dealing his linemate and friend

newellky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Ya, Carolina laughs at you and hangs up if you approach them with this offer. No interest in dealing Jokinen, especially not for a pick that will fall late in the second round and Kopecky.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 07:06 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
Ya, Carolina laughs at you and hangs up if you approach them with this offer. No interest in dealing Jokinen, especially not for a pick that will fall late in the second round and Kopecky.
The pick could be anywhere in the 2nd. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think a lot of people, even Canes fans, think they have a cup contending team. Playoff team, yes, for sure. To me, this would be good asset management. Jokinen is a resource and you get something solid in return for the resource while retaining your playoff status/revenues. If it all comes together, get the impact player your team needs.

Old
10-22-2010, 07:14 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

A 27 year old who scored 30 goals last year with a very cap friendly hit (albeit one that expires this year), for a guy who's older and has been a productive NHL scorer for all of 8 games (and probably wouldn't be re-signed) while playing with two of the best players in the league and a late 2nd rounder.

Why the **** would Carolina do this

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 07:16 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

How would it be good asset management? It would be horrible asset management. Jokinen just came off of a breakout 30 goal, 35 assist season, have you ever thought we might want to resign him, not trade him for an underwhleming package of Kopecky and a mid to late 2nd (which doesn't help our team one bit)? If we were to trade him it's not going to be until near the deadline, if at all. As bad as you may think the Canes are, they still have an outside shot at making the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed since the East is such a crapshoot this year.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by newellky View Post
no reason for the hawks to disrupt hossa by dealing his linemate and friend
Agreed

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 406
What about a deal built around Brouwer/Babchuk?

To Canes
RW/LW Troy Brouwer

To Hawks
D Anton Babchuk
4th round pick

Browuer gives the Canes an NHL proven young winger ,,, Babchuk is an upgrade for Hawks bottom pairing D and would help improve our PP (I am not fond of seeing Bolland play point on 2nd unit)

Hawks can then send down Cullimore or Scott and call up Makarov ( I would actually rather see both go down and call up another forward to carry as extra such as Brophey)

When Campbell gets back

Kopecky-Toews-Hossa
Bickell-Sharp-Kane
Stalberg-Bolland-Skille
Pisani-Dowell-Makarov

Keith-Seabrook
Campbell-Hjalmarsson
Boynton-Babchuk
(Hendry)

Turco
Crawford

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

To Canes
RW/LW Troy Brouwer

To Hawks
D Anton Babchuk
4th round pick

Browuer gives the Canes an NHL proven young winger ,,, Babchuk is an upgrade for Hawks bottom pairing D and would help improve our PP (I am not fond of seeing Bolland play point on 2nd unit)

Hawks can then send down Cullimore or Scott and call up Makarov

When Campbell gets back

Kopecky-Toews-Hossa
Bickell-Sharp-Kane
Stalberg-Bolland-Skille
Pisani-Dowell-Makarov

Keith-Seabrook
Campbell-Hjalmarsson
Boynton-Babchuk
Canes are looking for defensive help right now, not to deal.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:58 PM
PADevil3034

The Hawks have a ton of expendable bottom-6ers, but I feel that Kopecky is a key part to that team. Also, why would the Canes trade away Jokinen, one of their main scoring players?

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:09 PM
digdug41982

This isn't fantasy hockey. Carolina is exactly the type of team that makes trades like this. Every trade isn't about picking up the missing piece that will carry any team to the finals. I guess there's too much hope right now. BTW, Jokinen isn't a perennial 30 goal scorer, he's a Tomas Kopecky who did it once....serious overvalue and delusions in this thread.

Old
10-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Brock Anton
#habs #bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
This isn't fantasy hockey. Carolina is exactly the type of team that makes trades like this. Every trade isn't about picking up the missing piece that will carry any team to the finals. I guess there's too much hope right now. BTW, Jokinen isn't a perennial 30 goal scorer, he's a Tomas Kopecky who did it once....serious overvalue and delusions in this thread.
Who called Jussi Jokinen a perennial 30 goal scorer? He just came off a career year and is on a great contract. The fact you think that Jussi Jokinen is worth Tomas Kopecky is laughable. You are delusional for overvaluing Tomas Kopecky.

Brock Anton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Brock Anton
#habs #bandwagon

Quote:

To Canes
RW/LW Troy Brouwer

To Hawks
D Anton Babchuk
4th round pick

Hawks can then send down Cullimore or Scott and call up Makarov ( I would actually rather see both go down and call up another forward to carry as extra such as Brophey)

When Campbell gets back

Kopecky-Toews-Hossa
Bickell-Sharp-Kane
Stalberg-Bolland-Skille
Pisani-Dowell-Makarov

Keith-Seabrook
Campbell-Hjalmarsson
Boynton-Babchuk
(Hendry)

Turco
Crawford
It's not a bad deal value wise, but as CC said, the Canes are looking to add to their defense, not subtract from it. Babchuk has been one of the most consistent defensemen on the Canes so far, even though he plays about 12-15 minutes a game. If we are completely out of the race later on, I'd come back to this deal, or a similar one.

Brock Anton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 12:56 AM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:

To Canes
RW/LW Troy Brouwer

To Hawks
D Anton Babchuk
4th round pick

When Campbell gets back

Kopecky-Toews-Hossa
Bickell-Sharp-Kane
Stalberg-Bolland-Skille
Pisani-Dowell-Makarov

Keith-Seabrook
Campbell-Hjalmarsson
Boynton-Babchuk
(Hendry)

Turco
Crawford
We don't have room for anymore bottom 6/2nd line tweeners like Brouwer. Love the guys game and would trade him for Babchuk straight up if we had more than Brett Carson to step in his place, but I don't think team can trade for Brouwer given the logjam of forwards we have on 1 way NHL contracts and due the fact our defense is pretty crappy right now (plus we can't afford to give up most picks, especially if its only for a guy like Brouwer). Not bad value wise though, certainly better than the OP

Old
10-23-2010, 01:07 AM
Blueline Bomber
1st Overall Pick

Quote:
You never answered why Carolina would do this, other than it would be "good asset management" (which is wrong in the first place).

Jokinen's off a good year for goal-scoring on a great contract. Carolina would hope to re-sign him to a deal that would either keep him around until they're ready for a deep playoff run, or keep him around for a chance to make the playoffs in the first place.

In other words, in what way would gaining Kopecky and losing Jokinen help Carolina?

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 01:12 AM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:
LOL, just noticed this post.

Ok so if you want to trash Jokinen, then why did you create this proposal thread?

Typical HFboard post. A poster proposes a trade, gets told there is absolutely no need for the other team to do the deal and then he trashes/belittles the player's (who he wants to acquire) accomplishments because of it.

Too predictable.

Old
10-23-2010, 02:06 AM
digdug41982

The 2nd round pick, no mention of that. It was never Kopes for Jokinen straight up. I'm beginning to realize picks don't have much value on HF unless it's a teams fans that have watched a successful rebuild.

Old
10-23-2010, 02:32 AM
Blueline Bomber
1st Overall Pick

So your main crux of the deal is what would likely be a late 2nd round pick?

Again, why would Carolina trade a player that's scored 30 before (even if he doesn't do it consistently, he's shown the ability to) for a 2nd round pick? So they could draft a player that in three years might score 30 if they're lucky?

Draft picks are fine and good if the team expects to be bad for a long while and wants to do a Tallon-like rebuild. Carolina doesn't expect to be bad for much longer and they certainly don't want a Tallon-like rebuild.

And your logic of "You have to watch a successful rebuild to appreciate draft picks" doesn't work here, as there are Chicago fans in this topic that don't get your proposal either. Face it, it's just a bad proposal.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 06:20 AM
Stephen Goalbert
Puck Don't Lie

I understand Seabrook is untouchable, and this would never happen, but would you think this is OK value-wise?

Zach Boychuk
Tim Gleason
3rd

for

Seabrook

With the exception of the 3rd, these are pieces neither organization would part with, but do you guys think the value is there?

Stephen Goalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 07:29 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

bad deal for the Canes...

no need to trade Kopy, too.

you can have Scott, Cullimore or Hendry for Future's if you want to

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 10:11 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAhockeyfan9 View Post
I understand Seabrook is untouchable, and this would never happen, but would you think this is OK value-wise?

Zach Boychuk
Tim Gleason
3rd

for

Seabrook

With the exception of the 3rd, these are pieces neither organization would part with, but do you guys think the value is there?
The value isn't terrible but Hawks have no reason to deal one half of one of the best defensive pairs in the league. Plus they're not hurting for forwards prospects either and they have the money to re-sign Seabrook so there is no incentive to downgrade. I like Gleason though, he's an underrated guy.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote