HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Boogaard vs Orr

Old
10-22-2010, 12:40 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

vCash: 500
Edge Boogaard for being more active and landing better punches.

Takedowns mean nothing.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:06 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Definite edge to Boogey.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:02 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Boogy landed more hits. But all in all i think its a tie. Hoped for more action.

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:14 AM
Robbler

Who gives a **** who won?

It's a fight, enjoy it for what it is.

Robbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:38 AM
TheFinalWord

I think it's a win for Orr...not because he won the fight (I would give Boogard the edge) but that he took at least one big shot in the chin and it didn't faze him and that he hung in there and didn't back down.

Boogard is a monster and when you see your tough guy stand up to him and in fact initiate the fight, then it probably works to help raise the spirits of the team. Except in this case where the Leafs played like garbage.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 05:43 AM
stingo

Boogaard with the only punches that landed. Orr with the takedown.

Win: Boogaard

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Sterling31
YNWA

love all the non leaf-ranger fans in here; making sure they say there piece and be sure to prove that Orr hasnt gained any ground since getting KOed. Win or lose, it was good to see him get back at it....morale victory and confidence booster.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:03 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
love all the non leaf-ranger fans in here; making sure they say there piece and be sure to prove that Orr hasnt gained any ground since getting KOed. Win or lose, it was good to see him get back at it....morale victory and confidence booster.
Sorry but out of the 32 posts so far only 5 come from Rangers fans. Actually I'm a Ranger fan (so now there's 6) and the way I saw it Orr got the jump before Boogaard got set but that Derek landed more significantly--though it was close. The throwdown counts for 0 as far I'm concerned. Orr hung in there but he seemed a little overmatched mostly because of the size differential. It looked similar to some of the battles that Colton--when he was a Ranger used to have with Brashear--the first few of which he didn't fare all that well.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 728
Boogaard falling down hardly constitutes a takedown. He can fall under his own power quite easily.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:13 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord View Post
I think it's a win for Orr...not because he won the fight (I would give Boogard the edge) but that he took at least one big shot in the chin and it didn't faze him and that he hung in there and didn't back down.

Boogard is a monster and when you see your tough guy stand up to him and in fact initiate the fight, then it probably works to help raise the spirits of the team. Except in this case where the Leafs played like garbage.
Wait, what? Orr won because he got hit in the face more?

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Wait, what? Orr won because he got hit in the face more?
If thats true, Voros is the best fighter in the league.

Gimme a friggin break. Eating punches now means you won the fight. Homerism springs eternal.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:33 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
takedowns have no place in hockey fights. you might as well say "bail out". Every time i see a takedown I think of laraque fking up boogaard's knee and cringe.

Looked to me Orr knew he was overmatched or at a disadvantage in this particular fight and bailed. Unlike him, but more face-saving than taking a beating or hugging. Boogaard looked pissed after the fact. I can't believe they didn't go again when the Leafs were down by two! What is it going to take?

edit: and that was a take down.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Canada180

Looked like Orr decided to save whats left of his scrambled brains from the Engelland fight and go for the takedown.

One more KO loss and Orr's out of the league where he belongs.

Canada180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:52 PM
19Yzerman19

vCash: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Boogie is the only guy who landed some stuff. Orr with the takedown, but who cares about that?
Leafs fans or so it seems

19Yzerman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Orr gets the takedown (which means nothing) but Boogaard wins the fight easily.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:26 PM
hatedandproud

Whoa...wait a minute....where are all those people who were whining and crying in the "Tootoo 'suckerpunch' on reaves" thread that he "didn't square up" and wait before throwin'????

These two didn't square up and take off their helmets and look at each other for a while then go. According to that thread, that is all required for a fight to be proper.

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:56 PM
akalaM

Edge Boogy.

akalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 04:14 PM
BeerandHockey
╚(_)╝

Boogy with the win. Orr caught the wind of some of those near misses and decided to not push his luck and pulled boogy down.

BeerandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 04:33 PM
bringthecuphome

While I agree, Orr did not win that fight (tie or loss), If Orr was landing the same punches Boogey was landing at the beginning, and then Orr got taken down. Everyone on this board would be saying, ORR GOT SMACKED!

bringthecuphome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 05:18 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
we've seen it before, and boogaard has to get it through his head that most fighters are going to be disinclined to square up with him. It might just be his paranoia over not getting the benefit of the doubt anywhere on the ice but it seems like the other fighter ALWAYS drops his gloves first and/or jumps him while he isn't "set". Not saying that isn't a valid strategy when fighting Boogaard, but you'd think the big guy would figure it out and be a little more prepared for it. If Orr had connected with those first lunging punches it could have been lights out.

can't wait till king and boogaard meet again--i think then there won't be any hesitating by either.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praise Alfie View Post
Boogy with the win. Orr caught the wind of some of those near misses and decided to not push his luck and pulled boogy down.
This is what happened. Boogie whiffed on a few monster shots and Orr made the smart choice of just taking him down. Props to Orr for eating a few and actually had the upper hand when the fight started but it was only a matter of time before he was hit square with a bomb that would make engylland's shot feel like a pillow.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:38 PM
WillardJFredricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNK View Post
This is what happened. Boogie whiffed on a few monster shots and Orr made the smart choice of just taking him down. Props to Orr for eating a few and actually had the upper hand when the fight started but it was only a matter of time before he was hit square with a bomb that would make engylland's shot feel like a pillow.
EXACTLY! I was trying to come up with the best way to explain it, but you nailed it. The Toronto Sun, of course, gave Orr the win, but that's expected. It wasn't much of a fight, and watching it I was thinking it was only a matter of time before Boogie landed a good one and sent Orr to the hospital. It was smart for Orr to go for the takedown.

WillardJFredricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Bobo Fett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
You can't take Orr threads seriously on this board. You get over whelmed with the Leaf haters. They troll any chance they get, all you have to do is look at their post history. If you want to read some insightful comments go to some of the nhl fight sites. 90% of the people vote a draw.

Here it's your random Ottawa, Habs, Bruins and Ranger trolls.

Bobo Fett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:09 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
You can't take Orr threads seriously on this board. You get over whelmed with the Leaf haters. They troll any chance they get, all you have to do is look at their post history. If you want to read some insightful comments go to some of the nhl fight sites. 90% of the people vote a draw.

Here it's your random Ottawa, Habs, Bruins and Ranger trolls.
Ridiculous. At Hockeyfights.com right now it's 59.7 Boogaard 20.9 draw 19.4 Orr.
At the Fried Chicken site it's 47.2 Boogaard 43.4 draw and 9.4 Orr.

Most people here aren't saying that it wasn't kind of close. Even so Orr seemed overmatched and the takedown move was pretty cheap. Sorry but I think you're the one who is a bit out of touch on this one or at least a victim of your own paranoia.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Machinae

Am I the only one who gets a little peeved when people comment on how fights like these are boring? If you can't appreciate it, don't bother judging it.

Boogard with a bit of an edge, Orr getting the take down was a bit of a morale victory so good for him.

Machinae is offline   Reply With Quote