HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Authentic Jerseys

Old
10-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Sykie17

vCash: 500
Authentic Jerseys

Has anyone ever ordered a jersey from http://www.letshockey.com/index.asp? I've ordered a Jordan Staal jersey off of borntrade, and despite all the negativity I've heard, I was impressed 100% with the quality and setup of the jersey. I was just curious if anyone knew if this site was legit because they have a heck of a lot more options for all the NHL teams then borntrade. Thanks!

Sykie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Thepandamancan

Looks like both sites sell fake jerseys...some do look better than others (like the Ovechkin looks legit on borntrade, but a lot of what they have is very very fake). I was scammed on eBay before and the easiest way to tell is if the lettering bubbles and doesn't look flat.

Thepandamancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Blueland89

not bad buys just to frame and put on the wall I'm looking at putting a couple of Thrashers jerseys on my wall in my den/manroom and those would be good just to sit in a frame or for a kid cause there gonna get'em dirty

Blueland89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:56 AM
shoeshine boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueland89 View Post
not bad buys just to frame and put on the wall I'm looking at putting a couple of Thrashers jerseys on my wall in my den/manroom and those would be good just to sit in a frame or for a kid cause there gonna get'em dirty
careful which ones you choose. the Byfuglien and Bogo jerseys look similar to a counterfeit Kovy jersey I see at Philips from time to time. the shade of blue is waaaayyyyyy off.

shoeshine boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Blueland89

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeshine boy View Post
careful which ones you choose. the Byfuglien and Bogo jerseys look similar to a counterfeit Kovy jersey I see at Philips from time to time. the shade of blue is waaaayyyyyy off.
I noticed they did look a little lighter than usual and may just be me but I'm pretty sure they had the coller of the shiret wrong and the ties on the jersey were the wrong coloer

Blueland89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:22 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

This statement should probably be stickied but...

Be warned when buying the fake jerseys.

The ones that come from china are often produced with toxic chemicals and coloring dye's. The manufacturing laws are beyond lax over there and worse these are not overseen by a global company like RBK or Nike who internally wouldnt use bogus materials in fear of lawsuits.

Alot of overseas jersey makers have no qualms about using inacurate materials or fonts and care even less about health issues involved with using the cheapest coloring agents when producing this crap.

"you get what you pay for" isnt just in quality only when considering purchasing these things.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote