HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Niedermayers worth?...

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2004, 07:20 PM
DARKSIDE

vCash: 500
Niedermayers worth?...

As reported in a New Jersey paper today that Lou wants to tie up Niedermayer long-term, but Nieds saying he'll get back after he talks it over with family...Do I hear any offers.

Old
06-10-2004, 07:30 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

I think he's worth alot. He's the best d man in the league.

Old
06-10-2004, 07:40 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footemeister
I think he's worth alot. He's the best d man in the league.
Erm... #5 on the Dead Things, my friend.

Regarding Scott Niedermayer's value, I'd think he'd be worth a top 6 forward, a top 4 defenseman, a first round pick and a damn good prospect. Anything less wouldn't even get them listening.

Old
06-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Brodeur

Similar value to Rob Blake in 2001? Slightly more than what Gonchar and Leetch fetched this year? Washington and the Rangers were looking for picks/prospects, whereas the Lamoriello probably would want somebody to contribute now if he were to deal Nieds.

Old
06-10-2004, 08:48 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Erm... #5 on the Dead Things, my friend.

Regarding Scott Niedermayer's value, I'd think he'd be worth a top 6 forward, a top 4 defenseman, a first round pick and a damn good prospect. Anything less wouldn't even get them listening.
really.. i find this interesting, i agree on a healthy chelios and lidstrom no doubt. what in your opinion makes schneider and hatcher undeniably better? i'm not picking a fight, i'm just curious.

a second question, would schneider and hatcher both be able to fetch the above package you list if they were on the trade block?

Old
06-10-2004, 08:51 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
really.. i find this interesting, i agree on a healthy chelios and lidstrom no doubt. what in your opinion makes schneider and hatcher undeniably better? i'm not picking a fight, i'm just curious.

a second question, would schneider and hatcher both be able to fetch the above package you list if they were on the trade block?
Psst, I think he meant that #5 on the Wings, Niklas Lidstrom, is the best defenseman in the NHL

Old
06-10-2004, 08:53 PM
andora

i thought of that too, but if he's better than other dmen on the team, why would he not instantly become their number 4, or number 3?

Old
06-10-2004, 09:24 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

assuming Scott would like to play on a team with his brother at some point...and assuming he and Rob would sign long term deals to go along with a trade here...then I offer...

Chistov, Popovic and 9th overall pick...

(counter offers...please no Lupul or Getzlaf they are unavailable)

Old
06-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
i thought of that too, but if he's better than other dmen on the team, why would he not instantly become their number 4, or number 3?
No, he was responding to the guy who said Nieds was the best d-man in the NHL. He meant that #5, Lidstrom, is the best in the NHL.

Niedermayer definetely would be at least #2 on the wings if he went there.

Old
06-10-2004, 09:27 PM
devildan

Quote:
or number 2 ...

He was saying that #5 on the wings (Nik Lidstrom) is the best defenceman in the NHL, not Niedermayer.

Old
06-10-2004, 09:31 PM
andora

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildan
or number 2 ...

He was saying that #5 on the wings (Nik Lidstrom) is the best defenceman in the NHL, not Niedermayer.
.. ok i get it...

*sighs

too much reading threads bickering over legitimate # 1 and # 3 dmen etc...

Old
06-11-2004, 01:02 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
**** all without a contract.

if he doesnt sign up again with NJD, then i would LOVE for Regier to sign him.

Old
06-11-2004, 02:46 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:

A healthy Chelios isn't half the defenceman Niedermayer is.

Old
06-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Teezax

Niedermayer is the one guy I'd ante up for, i don't know any other defenceman worthy of a big package. People can bring up Lidstrom all they want, but here's what they should look at.

Niedermayer 31 years old worth 4.5 million
Lidstrom 34 years old worth 10 million

Old
06-11-2004, 03:06 PM
craig1

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
A healthy Chelios isn't half the defenceman Niedermayer is.
What is it about the above explanation that you did not understand? No one ever said the Chelios was better.......that was quite implicitly explained. What was stated was that he beleived that Lidstrom was the best D-man in the NHL.....While we all may agree or disagree with that, there is at least a legitimate argument that could be made for his case.

Old
06-11-2004, 03:13 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Niedermayer is the one guy I'd ante up for, i don't know any other defenceman worthy of a big package. People can bring up Lidstrom all they want, but here's what they should look at.

Niedermayer 31 years old worth 4.5 million
Lidstrom 34 years old worth 10 million
gotta look at a lot more than just that...

if Niedermayer is really serious about using free agency in a year to go to Vancouver (or whereever he wants to go), then you have to consider his value less, just due to the fact that he'd be a rental.

his salary of 4.5mill also doesn't mean too much, since it's expired... only value it has is that he can be qualified for that amount to retain his rights, but again, it's only for 1 season, and after that he can choose to go whereever.

so what do you give up for a 1-yr rental?

now if he signs a longterm deal, it's different, but it seems clear that he at least wants a say in where he'll be playing to guess that he'll sign long term and then be happy with a trade...

I think that Devils are in a tight spot with him, and it shouldn't be any different...

he's earned his right to now start thinking about the future, and where to go... he has a 1-yr commitment left to the Devils, but after that he's free, and signing a long term deal, so the Devils can deal him for more value, doesn't seem realistic to me.

Old
06-11-2004, 05:34 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1
What is it about the above explanation that you did not understand? No one ever said the Chelios was better.......that was quite implicitly explained. What was stated was that he beleived that Lidstrom was the best D-man in the NHL.....While we all may agree or disagree with that, there is at least a legitimate argument that could be made for his case.
Andora mis-understood, and thought he meant that Niedermayer would be #5 on the depth chart in Detroit, and soon after agreed that Niedermayer is after Lidstrom and Chelios.

Closed Thread