HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Niedermayers worth?...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2004, 07:20 PM
  #1
DARKSIDE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 500
Niedermayers worth?...

As reported in a New Jersey paper today that Lou wants to tie up Niedermayer long-term, but Nieds saying he'll get back after he talks it over with family...Do I hear any offers.

DARKSIDE is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 07:30 PM
  #2
Burnaby_Joe*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,271
vCash: 500
I think he's worth alot. He's the best d man in the league.

Burnaby_Joe* is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 07:40 PM
  #3
RoyIsALegend*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footemeister
I think he's worth alot. He's the best d man in the league.
Erm... #5 on the Dead Things, my friend.

Regarding Scott Niedermayer's value, I'd think he'd be worth a top 6 forward, a top 4 defenseman, a first round pick and a damn good prospect. Anything less wouldn't even get them listening.

RoyIsALegend* is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 07:48 PM
  #4
Brodeur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,241
vCash: 500
Similar value to Rob Blake in 2001? Slightly more than what Gonchar and Leetch fetched this year? Washington and the Rangers were looking for picks/prospects, whereas the Lamoriello probably would want somebody to contribute now if he were to deal Nieds.

Brodeur is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 08:48 PM
  #5
andora
Registered User
 
andora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Illuminating Prince
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,052
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Erm... #5 on the Dead Things, my friend.

Regarding Scott Niedermayer's value, I'd think he'd be worth a top 6 forward, a top 4 defenseman, a first round pick and a damn good prospect. Anything less wouldn't even get them listening.
really.. i find this interesting, i agree on a healthy chelios and lidstrom no doubt. what in your opinion makes schneider and hatcher undeniably better? i'm not picking a fight, i'm just curious.

a second question, would schneider and hatcher both be able to fetch the above package you list if they were on the trade block?

andora is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 08:51 PM
  #6
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
really.. i find this interesting, i agree on a healthy chelios and lidstrom no doubt. what in your opinion makes schneider and hatcher undeniably better? i'm not picking a fight, i'm just curious.

a second question, would schneider and hatcher both be able to fetch the above package you list if they were on the trade block?
Psst, I think he meant that #5 on the Wings, Niklas Lidstrom, is the best defenseman in the NHL

Gibsons Finest is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 08:53 PM
  #7
andora
Registered User
 
andora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Illuminating Prince
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,052
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
i thought of that too, but if he's better than other dmen on the team, why would he not instantly become their number 4, or number 3?

andora is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 09:24 PM
  #8
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 17,595
vCash: 500
assuming Scott would like to play on a team with his brother at some point...and assuming he and Rob would sign long term deals to go along with a trade here...then I offer...

Chistov, Popovic and 9th overall pick...

(counter offers...please no Lupul or Getzlaf they are unavailable)

McDonald19 is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 09:27 PM
  #9
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
i thought of that too, but if he's better than other dmen on the team, why would he not instantly become their number 4, or number 3?
No, he was responding to the guy who said Nieds was the best d-man in the NHL. He meant that #5, Lidstrom, is the best in the NHL.

Niedermayer definetely would be at least #2 on the wings if he went there.

Gibsons Finest is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 09:27 PM
  #10
devildan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
i thought of that too, but if he's better than other dmen on the team, why would he not instantly become their number 4, or number 3?
or number 2 ...

He was saying that #5 on the wings (Nik Lidstrom) is the best defenceman in the NHL, not Niedermayer.

devildan is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 09:31 PM
  #11
andora
Registered User
 
andora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Illuminating Prince
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,052
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildan
or number 2 ...

He was saying that #5 on the wings (Nik Lidstrom) is the best defenceman in the NHL, not Niedermayer.
.. ok i get it...

*sighs

too much reading threads bickering over legitimate # 1 and # 3 dmen etc...

andora is offline  
Old
06-11-2004, 01:02 PM
  #12
SabresRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
**** all without a contract.

if he doesnt sign up again with NJD, then i would LOVE for Regier to sign him.

SabresRule is offline  
Old
06-11-2004, 02:46 PM
  #13
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
really.. i find this interesting, i agree on a healthy chelios and lidstrom no doubt. what in your opinion makes schneider and hatcher undeniably better? i'm not picking a fight, i'm just curious.

a second question, would schneider and hatcher both be able to fetch the above package you list if they were on the trade block?
A healthy Chelios isn't half the defenceman Niedermayer is.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
06-11-2004, 03:04 PM
  #14
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,437
vCash: 500
Niedermayer is the one guy I'd ante up for, i don't know any other defenceman worthy of a big package. People can bring up Lidstrom all they want, but here's what they should look at.

Niedermayer 31 years old worth 4.5 million
Lidstrom 34 years old worth 10 million

Teezax is offline  
Old
06-11-2004, 03:06 PM
  #15
craig1
Registered User
 
craig1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
A healthy Chelios isn't half the defenceman Niedermayer is.
What is it about the above explanation that you did not understand? No one ever said the Chelios was better.......that was quite implicitly explained. What was stated was that he beleived that Lidstrom was the best D-man in the NHL.....While we all may agree or disagree with that, there is at least a legitimate argument that could be made for his case.

craig1 is offline  
Old
06-11-2004, 03:13 PM
  #16
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Niedermayer is the one guy I'd ante up for, i don't know any other defenceman worthy of a big package. People can bring up Lidstrom all they want, but here's what they should look at.

Niedermayer 31 years old worth 4.5 million
Lidstrom 34 years old worth 10 million
gotta look at a lot more than just that...

if Niedermayer is really serious about using free agency in a year to go to Vancouver (or whereever he wants to go), then you have to consider his value less, just due to the fact that he'd be a rental.

his salary of 4.5mill also doesn't mean too much, since it's expired... only value it has is that he can be qualified for that amount to retain his rights, but again, it's only for 1 season, and after that he can choose to go whereever.

so what do you give up for a 1-yr rental?

now if he signs a longterm deal, it's different, but it seems clear that he at least wants a say in where he'll be playing to guess that he'll sign long term and then be happy with a trade...

I think that Devils are in a tight spot with him, and it shouldn't be any different...

he's earned his right to now start thinking about the future, and where to go... he has a 1-yr commitment left to the Devils, but after that he's free, and signing a long term deal, so the Devils can deal him for more value, doesn't seem realistic to me.

NFITO is offline  
Old
06-11-2004, 05:34 PM
  #17
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1
What is it about the above explanation that you did not understand? No one ever said the Chelios was better.......that was quite implicitly explained. What was stated was that he beleived that Lidstrom was the best D-man in the NHL.....While we all may agree or disagree with that, there is at least a legitimate argument that could be made for his case.
Andora mis-understood, and thought he meant that Niedermayer would be #5 on the depth chart in Detroit, and soon after agreed that Niedermayer is after Lidstrom and Chelios.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.