HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Nhl Awards....

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Hab-a-maniac

vCash: 500
St. Louis' time on stage with McLean was great because they hooked him up with Mats Naslund from Sweden. It was real cool considering St. Louis was a big Habs fan who looked up to the little Viking. Well, there's one thing to like about him! Yeah, and Mats noticed how as they won the cup, Marty looked about half the size of Frederik Modin similar to Larry Robinson standing with Naslund in '86. Plus, St. Louis jokingly asked if he could get another authentic Naslund-used stick (some rare company I think) because he lost the other at the hotel during some tournament in college.

And Jarome needs to be exposed more, without moving him to some big market team like LA, Detroit, Colorado or the Ranger$. This guy is the most marketable star I've seen since Gretzky. I've met him a few times and he was real nice and appreciative. You feel like he genuinely appreciates any fan of hockey cause he knows without them the game is less fun. He's honest, funny, classy, friendly, everything we lack in some stars today. Time to put him in all those ads that boring personalities like Kovalchuk and Naslund get. Too bad the NHL and the NHLPA can't agree on anything or we could have some really hilarious ads like the NBA, MLB and NFL get to have.

Old
06-11-2004, 08:59 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac
And Jarome needs to be exposed more, without moving him to some big market team like LA, Detroit, Colorado or the Ranger$. This guy is the most marketable star I've seen since Gretzky. I've met him a few times and he was real nice and appreciative. You feel like he genuinely appreciates any fan of hockey cause he knows without them the game is less fun. He's honest, funny, classy, friendly, everything we lack in some stars today. Time to put him in all those ads that boring personalities like Kovalchuk and Naslund get. Too bad the NHL and the NHLPA can't agree on anything or we could have some really hilarious ads like the NBA, MLB and NFL get to have.
Jarome is pretty darn cool but I would not bother him with commercials.

Old
06-12-2004, 02:19 AM
Chehabi

Send a message via AIM to Chehabi
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
because voters owe Brodeur owe a few Vezina trophies, he got his 1st one last year, this doesn't make any sens, so they have to cath up and give him one
That's terrible. Voters should pick the best candidate no matter what or else these awards mean nothing.

Old
06-12-2004, 03:16 AM
Guy LaFleur

Brodeur didn't win the Vezina for many reasons. There has always been someone better. Whether it was Roy, Belfour, or whoever. Now it's Luongo.

Brodeur is a good goalie, yes, but the award goes to the best. If they're giving it to him because they "owe" it to him, then the award, and the entire ceremony is disgraced. If he wants it so bad, he should be the best to get it.

The award goes to the best, not the second best. That is why Luongo should have won it.

Old
06-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Russian Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy LaFleur
The award goes to the best, not the second best. That is why Luongo should have won it.
Well, I dont see why 115 sportswriters would make their credibility in place just to make the 2nd best goaltender of the year win it.

You like Luongo better & there's nothing wrong with it but you just can't discredit 115 sportswriter just because you feel your man didn't win.

..............................Pts..(1st-2nd-3rd)
1....MARTIN BRODEUR, N.J......307...(39-33-13)
2....Roberto Luongo, FLA......232...(32-19-15)

39 vs 32 Brodeur for 1st place votes
33 vs 19 Brodeur for 2nd place votes
15 vs 13 Luongo for 3rd place votes

51 sportswriters think Luongo was a top 2 goalie this year & IMO that's pretty good & he will win it sooner or later.

Old
06-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Just because many of the sports writers voted Brodeur to win doesn't justify anything. Luongo played for a team who has yet to learn good solid defence(thus the large amount of SOG) whereas Brodeur has a veteran core who know more and play better. Brodeur was not #1 this year but I don't care because I can't change anything.

Old
06-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Russian Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisson11
Just because many of the sports writers voted Brodeur to win doesn't justify anything. Luongo played for a team who has yet to learn good solid defence(thus the large amount of SOG) whereas Brodeur has a veteran core who know more and play better. Brodeur was not #1 this year but I don't care because I can't change anything.
It's only a matter of opinion, Theodore in 2001-02 win the Vezina because without him the Habs wouldn't have made the playoff. Luongo while very good didn't do an impact to be in the playoff.

Also the more shots you have, the better you will have a good save%. It's tougher to get %,910 @ 20-25 shots per game then getting %,930 on 35-40 shots per game.

That's just my opinion

Closed Thread