HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky calls out Sid....again

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Xavier Laflamme

vCash: 500
Dubinsky calls out Sid....again

Brandon Dubinsky calls out Crosby after the Pens latest win against the Rags. Dubinsky can't go a game after playing the Pens without saying something negative about Sid...
Quote:
n a between-periods interview with the MSG network, Rangers winger Brandon Dubinsky took a jab at Sidney Crosby after the station replayed footage from the first period in which Crosby appeared to slew foot Ryan Callahan (a play that actually resulted in a penalty on Callahan for interference).

"That's just a dirty play," Dubinsky said while on the MSG set. "That's just the type of guy he is. He tries to get away with all that kind of nonsense and complains a lot."

Watching the replays of Monday's action, it also appeared Crosby slew-footed Sean Avery in the third period. This time Crosby earned a tripping call, offset by a matching minor to Brandon Prust, who took exception to the play.

Surrounded by reporters in the locker room later, Dubinsky declined to pursue the point. Via Ranger Rants:

"I donít want to turn this into more than it is," Dubinsky said. "Iím not going to sit here and talk about Sidney Crosby because I donít really care what heís doing and I donít really care what he does on the ice."

Crosby responded in the Pittsburgh room after the game. Again via Mr. Andrew Gross:

"How many penalty minutes do I have this year, if Iím that dirty?," said Crosby, who has 15 penalty minutes this season. "I mean, please. Show me all those dirty plays. Itís a battle and he falls. I think Dubi has done his fair share of things out there that are questionable. I guess heís talking again. But Iím not surprised.

"Itís a battle (with Callahan)," Crosby added. "Heís holding me going up ice and Iím trying to push him off. Is it that calculated? Iím trying to get to the net. Iím not worried about that kind of thing. If I tripped him, I tripped him. Am I dirty hockey player? Címon. I think Dubi is smarter than that."

Since Crosby is asking, his PIMs go beyond just the 15 he's been pinched for this season. Through Nov. 23 last season he had 39, which was a pretty solid clip that dropped off as the season continued.

Does that make Sid the Kid a dirty player? No. Does he take a lot of contact (legal and otherwise) as an NHL star? Absolutely. Does he need to stand up for himself? Certainly. But it may be how he's responding that's grating Dubinsky and some other players. Either way, I wouldn't expect this debate to die anytime soon.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/hoc...lls-out-crosby

What do you guys think?

Old
11-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Greaves

I think Dubinsky should shut the *&^% up. The guys nothing but a pump and dump from Jagr.

Old
11-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Xavier Laflamme

here is the play Dubinsky is talking about

Old
11-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Xavier Laflamme

Yeah, I think Dubinsky has a hardon for Sid. After every game, he has something to say about him despite always saying "I don't care about what Sid's doing on or off the ice"....

Sounds like an attention ***** to me...

Old
11-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Jaded-Fan

NY Ranger players and fans are trying to outwhine one another. So far it is about a tie. I suppose when you are being dominated on and off the ice and are going on your fourth home loss in a row against the Pens complaining about something is better than answering questions about the game or your play against the Pens this game and for a few years now. Whatever helps them sleep at night without facing the real issues I suppose.

Old
11-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Killswitch7187
Winter is here

Man, for a game where the Ranger atmosphere in that building was absolutely dead, they're surely talking now, aren't they?

That goes for the players but especially the fans I've encountered ever since that game last night, jesus christ.

You got your butts whooped, but instead of making up a laundry list of what you need to improve upon, you cry to the media about a couple of plays. That is just not a Stanley Cup-Caliber mindset. Far from it. And their whole locker-room thinks alike too, that's the thing. I guess that's what happens with such a SHADY Character on your team .

Old
11-30-2010, 09:37 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by csotirake View Post

here is the play Dubinsky is talking about
Hardly the dirtiest play I've ever seen.

Old
11-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Xavier Laflamme

Crosby has 51 points (20g 31a) in only 26 games against the Rags so far in his career...Dubi may want to shut his mouth and worry about finding ways to stop Sid from owning them every game (including 2 playoff series victores)

Old
11-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Uncle Jorgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
NY Ranger players and fans are trying to outwhine one another. So far it is about a tie. I suppose when you are being dominated on and off the ice and are going on your fourth home loss in a row against the Pens complaining about something is better than answering questions about the game or your play against the Pens this game and for a few years now. Whatever helps them sleep at night without facing the real issues I suppose.
Like coach, like team i suppose. I love Torts, he gives the most entertaining soundbites of any coach in the league, but given his penchant for whining and getting heated in the press it hardly surprises me that players on his team would follow his lead in that regard.

Old
11-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Clam and Tomato

Rangers. Lose, yap, repeat.

Old
Kaktus*

How the hell did Callahan get the only penalty?

Last edited by Kaktus*: 11-30-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old
Captain Hook
Olli Mššttš

What's the big deal? I guess because Sid is one of, if not, the NHL's biggest star right now, so he's under the microscope and most things are made too much of when it comes to him. There's a slew foot or 2 by accident or on purpose in almost every hockey game. It happens. Sid's a dirty player? Seriously? Sid is a lot of things, but a dirty hockey player is not one of them. I can't believe someone would even make the claim. Sid might embellish some things and whine about calls here and there, which I think most players do, but again, he's under the microscope more. He's not dirty by any standards, though.

Old
11-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Mššttš

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Dubinsky should of dropped his gloves but not against Cooke like Mike Richards did but against Crosby.
I doubt Crosby would waste his time fighting Dubinsky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
How the hell did Callahan get the only penalty? Freaking disgusting....
I didn't have a problem with the call on Callahan. Looked to me like he stuck his free hand out and interfered a little. Crosby should have gotten a penalty too for the trip, though.

Old
11-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Xavier Laflamme

It comes down to Dubinsky jumping on the "Let's hate on Sid bandwagon"...Because Crosby is so good, he's easy to dislike. I don't know if Dubinsky thinks he's looks cooler because he bashes on him or what, but he clearly needs to quit swinging from Sid's nuts and worry about his sweet 20 points he's recorded so far and his struggling Rangers.

Old
11-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Miss Ausguins
FOCAF Member #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by csotirake View Post
Crosby has 51 points (20g 31a) in only 26 games against the Rags so far in his career...Dubi may want to shut his mouth and worry about finding ways to stop Sid from owning them every game (including 2 playoff series victores)
I believe one Mr Dubinski is jealous that he hasn't got anywhere near half the Hockey skills Sid has

And here I was thinking that Philladelphia and/or Washington were bad enough but the Rags take the cake.

Next time, I hope Derek knock's Sean Ovary's block off

Old
11-30-2010, 10:07 AM

At least Dubinsky is really good

Oh wait.

Old
11-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Actually when NHL on the Fly does a commentary about Sid's slew foot, you can pretty well be sure it was a slew foot. New York's announcers (who I respect a lot more than the two knuckleheads who call our games) also noticed it right away, and were prefacing it with "I like Sidney Crosby and the way he plays, BUT..."

It was a slew foot. Dirty? Not IMO; it was just like 100 other slew foots you see during the season and those players don't all get the label "dirty". As for Duby, who gives a **** what he says?

Old
11-30-2010, 10:20 AM
cassius

Dubinsky is giving Richards a run for his money as the biggest cryer in the league.

Old
11-30-2010, 10:38 AM
AquaticBirdman

It's kinda hard for us to dump on Rags fans on these forums for being such cry babies when their own players are encouraging it as well. Dubinsky needs to get over it already and stop being such a media tool. He pulled the same lame bs last season as well, and his never-ending hard-on for Sid has just become laughable at this point.

And good on Sid for finally biting back for a change!

Old
11-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Dubinsky is giving Richards a run for his money as the biggest cryer in the league.
Yah but at least Richards is an all-star calibre player / puts himself in a position to comment (even if he does it wrong). The whole duby thing reminds me of Sergei Kostitsyn saying "Crosby's not that special" and someone here (IHWR?) pointed out that he wasn't even "the best player named Kostitsyn in the NHL."

Know thy place, then decide whether it makes sense to yap to the media about a player you don't like.

Old
11-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Florentino Ariza

It was a slew foot, but hardly a dangerous one considering that Dubinsky fell on his back and Crosby helped him there by pushing him anyway. No legs were tangled, they weren't going super fast and it wasn't by the boards. Also, I'm pretty sure Callahan knew he was battling with Crosby for position so it wasn't like he was caught off guard. I don't like to see slew foots, but it's one of those every player does sometimes. Crosby himself rarely does it.

It's easy for the Rangers fans to pick out every time the refs miss a penalty when they are playing against the Penguins, because the refs blow calls all the time in the NHL. The Rags should just shut their mouths and play the game; the truth of the matter is they lost to a superior team AGAIN and AGAIN Sid lit them up. I think Dubinsky is mad because I saw him shadowing Sid on a number of occasions but he still beat them up.

Old
11-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Pittsburgh Proud

It was a slewfoot IMO. Crosby dirty? Hardly.

Old
11-30-2010, 10:44 AM
AquaticBirdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florentino Ariza View Post
It was a slew foot, but hardly a dangerous one considering that Dubinsky fell on his back and Crosby helped him there by pushing him anyway. No legs were tangled, they weren't going super fast and it wasn't by the boards. Also, I'm pretty sure Callahan knew he was battling with Crosby for position so it wasn't like he was caught off guard. I don't like to see slew foots, but it's one of those every player does sometimes. Crosby himself rarely does it.

It's easy for the Rangers fans to pick out every time the refs miss a penalty when they are playing against the Penguins, because the refs blow calls all the time in the NHL. The Rags should just shut their mouths and play the game; the truth of the matter is they lost to a superior team AGAIN and AGAIN Sid lit them up. I think Dubinsky is mad because I saw him shadowing Sid on a number of occasions but he still beat them up.
The Rags fans hardly have anything to whine about after last night's game, other than the fact that their team lost. Most of the 3rd period was an "even up" call in favour of the Rangers, and we had only 1 PP the entire game. I mean, it's really not our fault that Chris Conner happens to have Lundqvist's number as well

Old
11-30-2010, 10:47 AM
KennyWu

If you don't think that play by sid was dirty take your homer blinders off and watch it again.

It may happen often in the NHL but that doesn't make it a clean play.

Congrats on the game though, pens are on a roll.

Old
11-30-2010, 10:48 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Proud View Post
It was a slewfoot IMO. Crosby dirty? Hardly.
Yup...this.

Closed Thread