HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Either plug Pouillot or Eller into the top 2 lines or trade for a top 6

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-21-2010, 10:07 PM
  #1
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Either plug Pouillot or Eller into the top 2 lines or trade for a top 6

This 4th liner on the 2nd line stuff is nonsense. I can understand if the team's going through injuries, but everyone's healthy besides Markov. Give Pouillot or Eller a shot for 10 games....if it doesn't work out...trade for a top6. This is getting ridiculous.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:09 PM
  #2
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
This 4th liner on the 2nd line stuff is nonsense. I can understand if the team's going through injuries, but everyone's healthy besides Markov. Give Pouillot or Eller a shot for 10 games....if it doesn't work out...trade for a top6. This is getting ridiculous.
Best solution. Seperate Gionta and Gomez.

Andrei-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Pouliot-Eller-Gionta
Boyd-Gomez-Lapierre
Moen-Pyatt-Halpern

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:10 PM
  #3
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
well to be fair tonight Gomez wasn't that great, neither was the rest of the team, AK made some nice shifts, along with Pleks, but Cammy, Gio, Pouliot and Gomez all have to shift it into gear, we are seriously lacking the offensive firepower that we should be overflowing with. I don't believe a trade is needed, just a friggn wake up call of some sort.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:12 PM
  #4
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,791
vCash: 500
Couldn't agree more , Jacques Martin is getting on my nerve , as if his boring coaching style wasn't enough he gives up on the only offensively skilled forward we could put in the Top 6 after 5 games.Then he put hands-of-stones Moen & Pyatt making this lign so easy to defend against , like the lack of production from Gomez & Gionta wasn't enough.God I hate this line-up , coaching staff and GM , been a while since the habs made me turn off the TV during games.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:12 PM
  #5
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Best solution. Seperate Gionta and Gomez.

Andrei-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Pouliot-Eller-Gionta
Boyd-Gomez-Lapierre
Moen-Pyatt-Halpern
I don't think Gomez is the issue...as bad as he's played. They need a rugged winger who can make room and generate offense.

I like a 3rd line of Poulliot-Eller-Lapierre

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:13 PM
  #6
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I don't think Gomez is the issue...as bad as he's played. They need a rugged winger who can make room and generate offense.

I like a 3rd line of Poulliot-Eller-Lapierre
I didn't say he was. I merely suggested splitting gomez and gionta.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:13 PM
  #7
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
well to be fair tonight Gomez wasn't that great, neither was the rest of the team, AK made some nice shifts, along with Pleks, but Cammy, Gio, Pouliot and Gomez all have to shift it into gear, we are seriously lacking the offensive firepower that we should be overflowing with. I don't believe a trade is needed, just a friggn wake up call of some sort.
Everyone sucked....but that usually happens when the 1st line doesn't play well. The minute the 1st line doesn't generate any offense....down goes the rest of the team.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:14 PM
  #8
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
I agree with you here. Why not reward a talented player who is working hard by letting him develop and show his stuff on the top two lines. He can't possibly show more than he is doing now playing with Halpern....

I don't know why we have two talented players but Martin seems unwilling to give them a prolonged chance in the top 6.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:15 PM
  #9
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I didn't say he was. I merely suggested splitting gomez and gionta.
I know....I just wouldn't split them...they have chemistry, you can see it. They just need another guy out there. No disrespect to Moen and Pyatt, but c'mon...Gomez is a pass first guy...you shut down Gionta....and that line is done. Moen and Pyatt don't have the ability to create room or generate offense.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:16 PM
  #10
Habit11
Registered User
 
Habit11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,130
vCash: 500
Pretty obvious that a 4th liner on this team shouldn't be in the Top 6. I think the biggest problem on this team is a lack of accurate, puck moving defenceman. Outside of Subban, the rest of the defence can't make an accurate pass beyond 5 feet... and even that's a stretch. It completely neutralizes the biggest weapon the forwards have, speed, when they have to stop or fumble to receive a pass coming out of their zone. Not to mention the turnovers.

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:17 PM
  #11
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I know....I just wouldn't split them...they have chemistry, you can see it. They just need another guy out there. No disrespect to Moen and Pyatt, but c'mon...Gomez is a pass first guy...you shut down Gionta....and that line is done. Moen and Pyatt don't have the ability to create room or generate offense.
Andrei-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Pouliot-Gomez-Lapierre
Boyd-Eller-Gionta
Moen-Pyatt-Halpern

better? I kept gomez with pouliot\

edit: i know what u mean, but i dont really care about keeping them together for now. it's not like they are playing well, it cant be any worse.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:18 PM
  #12
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Pretty obvious that a 4th liner on this team shouldn't be in the Top 6. I think the biggest problem on this team is a lack of accurate, puck moving defenceman. Outside of Subban, the rest of the defence can't make an accurate pass beyond 5 feet... and even that's a stretch. It completely neutralizes the biggest weapon the forwards have, speed, when they have to stop or fumble to receive a pass coming out of their zone. Not to mention the turnovers.
Absolutely, but management felt that the defencemen...would miraculously start being able to move the puck this year.

Markov can't come back quick enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Andrei-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Pouliot-Gomez-Lapierre
Boyd-Eller-Gionta
Moen-Pyatt-Halpern

better? I kept gomez with pouliot
I don't think you split up Gomez and Gionta...I don't want 5 million or 8 million dollars on the 3rd line.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:22 PM
  #13
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I don't think you split up Gomez and Gionta...I don't want 5 million or 8 million dollars on the 3rd line.
unfortunately, 13 mil on the same line doesnt help the team much these days. I see it more of a wake up call and to help them change their game a bit and then reunite them.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:25 PM
  #14
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
This 4th liner on the 2nd line stuff is nonsense. I can understand if the team's going through injuries, but everyone's healthy besides Markov. Give Pouillot or Eller a shot for 10 games....if it doesn't work out...trade for a top6. This is getting ridiculous.
RELAX. this is why none of us here are GM's, we jump to conclusions. Gionta had 8 shots on net tonight, half of them which were enormous scoring chances. The game was not won or loss due to the 2nd line, it was due to the Devils getting the bounces, and being more opportunistic. It was a typical Devils game against us, and we can't lose our cool over it.

That said, don't mind Brunet or someone's suggestion of trying Andrei with the Gomez line and maybe Eller with the Plex line. Still, the big problem is still the PP. That is what people should be focusing on.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:25 PM
  #15
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,845
vCash: 500
Wasn't Eller in Cammy's spot in the first game of the season? He was one of the best, if not the best, Habs forward in that game. This guy is the best top-6 candidate we have.

I think JM has this old-school mentality of not promoting young players too quickly.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:29 PM
  #16
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
This 4th liner on the 2nd line stuff is nonsense. I can understand if the team's going through injuries, but everyone's healthy besides Markov. Give Pouillot or Eller a shot for 10 games....if it doesn't work out...trade for a top6. This is getting ridiculous.
I brought this up in the GDT just recently but I was greeted with the response, why don't we wait for Markov before we make the assessment.

To which I responded, will Markov change JM's unwillingness to try Eller and Pouliot on the top 6 for extended periods of time?

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:30 PM
  #17
DirtyJeeves
Registered User
 
DirtyJeeves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Anderson, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 732
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
It's a young season, but thus far Eller has put the work in to deserve a shot on the 2nd line. I don't understand how Pyatt comes back from the press box in a top 6 role when you have a talented player who's creating chances by himself plugging away at the bottom.

DirtyJeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:33 PM
  #18
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJeeves View Post
It's a young season, but thus far Eller has put the work in to deserve a shot on the 2nd line. I don't understand how Pyatt comes back from the press box in a top 6 role when you have a talented player who's creating chances by himself plugging away at the bottom.
Martin just doesn't like using young forwards on the top 6. Even pyatt only got 3/4 of a period today and JM absolutely loves using pyatt.

Moen was back with Gomez for a few shifts and then he moved Cammy up there.

Give the young guys a chance!

I would rather not waste assets to acquire someone else when we have pieces in place to fill the role.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:33 PM
  #19
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
RELAX. this is why none of us here are GM's, we jump to conclusions. Gionta had 8 shots on net tonight, half of them which were enormous scoring chances. The game was not won or loss due to the 2nd line, it was due to the Devils getting the bounces, and being more opportunistic. It was a typical Devils game against us, and we can't lose our cool over it.

That said, don't mind Brunet or someone's suggestion of trying Andrei with the Gomez line and maybe Eller with the Plex line. Still, the big problem is still the PP. That is what people should be focusing on.
Dude, this goes beyond just this game. Gomez and Gionta need to play with someone who is offensively gifted....Pouillot, Eller or a top 6 forward from another team via trade.

armchair GM's are annoying, but the holes in this team are apparent to even the most casual fan.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:35 PM
  #20
Habit11
Registered User
 
Habit11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
RELAX. this is why none of us here are GM's, we jump to conclusions. Gionta had 8 shots on net tonight, half of them which were enormous scoring chances.
Yeah, but we've seen that too often where 1 or 2 players have shots and chances, and then no one else does. Tonight's leading SOG players were Gionta - 8, Subban - 5, Cammalleri - 4 , and then between 0 shots and 2 shots for the REST of the team. It's very difficult to win that way.

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:36 PM
  #21
DuRoux
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
I liked the idea I read here a few days ago. Move cammalleri to GG and Pouliot/eller with AK Plek.

DuRoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:36 PM
  #22
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
I brought this up in the GDT just recently but I was greeted with the response, why don't we wait for Markov before we make the assessment.

To which I responded, will Markov change JM's unwillingness to try Eller and Pouliot on the top 6 for extended periods of time?
JM will put Eller or Pouliot on the top 6. That I can guarantee you. It's only a matter of time.

I've been thinking and my theory is that JM doesn't want to put Eller on the top 2 lines right away because he wants him a taste of playing bottom 6. So when playing top 6, if ever Eller goes through difficult times and Martin moves him down, it wouldn't discourage him too much. Promoting him latter would give the kid a sense that he earned it so if ever he's demoted, he would understand that he would need to work harder to go back up there.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:41 PM
  #23
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
I brought this up in the GDT just recently but I was greeted with the response, why don't we wait for Markov before we make the assessment.

To which I responded, will Markov change JM's unwillingness to try Eller and Pouliot on the top 6 for extended periods of time?
I hear you dude, some posters have their heads so far in the clouds.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:45 PM
  #24
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I hear you dude, some posters have their heads so far in the clouds.
For the record, I don't always agree with you but I absolutely agree with you here. Why acquire gifted, talented young players to only play them on the bottom 6?

Either acquire the piece and fully utilize them or don't. I'm not saying fire Gauthier or Martin. I just want Eller and Pouliot to have an extended stay on the top 6. None of this, one turnover and you're benched. Even vets make turnovers.

If we're not going to address the whole in the top 6 with internal resources, then look outside. Swing a deal.

Something like

Pouliot 1.3mil
picks/prospects

for

NJD
Clarkson 2.67mil

You can send Darche down and picard/Obyrne down to save cap space to make this happen.

It just frustrates me to see talent like Eller playing just over 10minutes. Or sometimes, even less.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:49 PM
  #25
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,791
vCash: 500
Eller could use some AHL domination for 15 games or so.
Pouliot should be in the Top 6 for at least 10 games straight.
If I was the coach I would even give him 15-20 games until I lose patience , this guy scored lots of goals last year , if he can turn the switch on , he will dominate , but it doesnt matter if the switch is on or off with Pyatt , he's just not a good player why even bother trying him? Now people will spread the ''NHL coaches knows better than fans'' ******** , sure , sure , he's more qualify to coach an Hockey team than any of us , it doesnt mean he shouldnt take his head out of his ass.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.