Originally Posted by leafs_fan1001
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/hockey/
also i saw this on the score

This just in....the sky is blue.

Old
06-05-2004, 10:06 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Does there seem to be any truth behind this rumor or do most of you expect Guerin to be a Star, when the next season starts?

Old
06-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

It's not a rumour, Guerin's agent actually confirmed that Guerin compiled a list of 10 teams he wouldn't mind being traded to.

Old
06-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Burnaby_Joe*

I wonder which 10 teams?

Old
06-06-2004, 01:08 PM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footemeister
I wonder which 10 teams?
All I know is I'd help him pack his bags. When it comes to wastes of money, his name is top five. He's the highest paid floater in the NHL. Hell, Martin St. Louis plays a more physical game.

Guerin has zero chemistry with anyone on the Stars and has zero goals in nine playoff games. I'd say whatever the return, I'll be happy with it.

Last edited by Troy McClure: 06-06-2004 at 01:35 PM.
Old
06-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Dallasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure
All I know is I'd help him pack his bags. When it comes to wastes of money, his name is top five. He's the highest paid floater in the NHL. Hell, Martin St. Louis plays a more physical game.

Guerin has zero chemistry with anyone on the Stars and has zero goals in nine playoff games. I'd say whatever the return, I'll be happy with it.
In someways, I agree with this and in someways I dont.

He led us in scoring so you can't say he's the BIGGEST waste of money. He hasn't performed well in the playoffs and I wouldn't call him a total floater.

On the other hand, he was signed to bring us that Cup and he hasn't really helped all that much in the process.

I'd be ok with him being traded as long as we get some decent players back in return.

Old
06-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Street Hawk

27 million...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasman
In someways, I agree with this and in someways I dont.

He led us in scoring so you can't say he's the BIGGEST waste of money. He hasn't performed well in the playoffs and I wouldn't call him a total floater.

On the other hand, he was signed to bring us that Cup and he hasn't really helped all that much in the process.

I'd be ok with him being traded as long as we get some decent players back in return.
27 mill is appoximately what Billy G has left on his contract right? That's an awful lot for 1 team to swallow. A trade can only happen under 2 scenarios. 1) Dallas picks up part of the contract. or 2) Dallas takes back a fellow overpaid player (in the 3 million range) Any return to Billy G comes down to how much the Stars will pay of the contract. The more they pay the higher the return.

I know the Stars want to cut payroll, but trading Billy G doesn't have to be the only solution.

The New CBA could have a much more favorable buyout clause for the owners than the current one does. 2/3 of the remainder of the contract is owed currently. If the owners can get that dropped to 1/4 or 1/3, then Dallas can save money by buying out Turgeon's remaining 14 million. That could be anywhere from 3.5 to 5 million. Saving the team 9 - 10.5 million over the 2 years.

I'm sure a lot of teams will be pushing for a lower buyout clause. If it does drop to 1/4 or 1/3, I can see guys like Leclair, Amonte, Savage, Turek, Lapointe, etc. get bought out.

Old
06-07-2004, 08:33 AM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Hawk
The New CBA could have a much more favorable buyout clause for the owners than the current one does.
That won't apply to current contracts though. The contracts players have now will still go by the current rules.

Old
06-11-2004, 01:33 AM
gibber1600

OUCH!!!!!! Tell us how you really feel.

Old
06-11-2004, 06:42 AM
Dundalis

If we are taking some of the contract then we should expect a return that any team should expect of a 4mill 40 goal, 70 point 100 PIM player. Thats the bottom line IMO. If he is going to an Atlanta, or Florida, then what he does in the playoffs dont matter that much because they arent playoff teams.
Everyone was crap in the playoffs and most of the year, Guerin is not the first player on our team I would point my finger at.

Closed Thread