HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your thoughts on Deboer...

View Poll Results: What do you think of Deboer?
He's got to go, nothing progessed in his time here. 11 34.38%
I think the Booth Weiss Frolik line may actually work soon. 5 15.63%
He's competent and makes the right decisions. 16 50.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-25-2010, 08:09 PM
panthersfan751

vCash: 500
I agree that it's clear a problem with this team's toughness is DeBoer. He's ran off all the enforcers he's been given, and the results are that teams take cheap shots at us and see that there's no one to punish them. If Darcy Hordichuk could get consistent minutes playing on an elite team with the best offense in the NHL, then why can't he get time on this roster?

This goes back to what I was saying earlier. Lack of talent is becoming a convenient excuse to cover for DeBoer's mistakes. Lack of talent doesn't explain DeBoer's refusal to play an enforcer.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 08:22 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
I agree that it's clear a problem with this team's toughness is DeBoer. He's ran off all the enforcers he's been given, and the results are that teams take cheap shots at us and see that there's no one to punish them. If Darcy Hordichuk could get consistent minutes playing on an elite team with the best offense in the NHL, then why can't he get time on this roster?

This goes back to what I was saying earlier. Lack of talent is becoming a convenient excuse to cover for DeBoer's mistakes. Lack of talent doesn't explain DeBoer's refusal to play an enforcer.
It's ridiculous. How many fights does Hordi have so far? 1 shift and glued to the bench every game. What a joke.

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 11:14 PM
zeroG

Quote:

i don't think our guys are getting run this year. at least not that i've seen.

playing an enforcer does not jive with the type of style he's trying to establish. if he feels that rolling 4 lines of Fs on the same page, with the speed and IQ to execute, then it shouldn't be a mystery why someone like mac or belak wouldn't fit. that shouldn't be too terribly difficult to understand. a true enforcer on the team we iced 4-5 years ago might've made some sense. hordi isn't a true enforcer tho and i think he'll get a bit more of a look. maybe not, but it seems to this reasonably objective observer (i like the occasional fight, the big hits and physical play) that there is some logic in these decisions and if you're still unable to wrap your head around that, you probably ought to go back and try before whining.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 07:48 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
It's ridiculous. How many fights does Hordi have so far? 1 shift and glued to the bench every game. What a joke.
God forbid we were actually in a tight game and Deboer did what was necessary to actually *GASP* WIN THE GAME!

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote