HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#7 - 10.24.2010 | New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Conspiracy theory... the green bar flashed before the lens shattered.

IT WAS THE GREEN FLASH! The puck didn't actually break the camera, in fact, camera lenses of that type are designed to stop pucks, the velocity and joules of energy carried by the puck wouldn't be enough to shatter that glass.

Now here is the alternate theory that I will accept as proof, ironically even though it has less evidence than the original story, and I use the "do you always believe what you're told?" line on everyone in pure hypocritical fashion.

John Tortorella and the rangers organization planted a green laser devise inside of the camera lens, so that when the time was right it would activate and shatter the lens, giving the rangers a much needed rest as the glass was picked up off of the ice. The puck was a convenient cover, seeing as Del Zotto, who is ON THE RANGERS PAYROLL; shot the puck in a way so that it would be deflected into the camera lens.

I'm just asking questions, here.

Old
10-25-2010, 12:42 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
The only person responsible for Roszival being booed is Roszival.

He was booed here before he signed the contract, he was booed here after.

He makes his own bed. Rosie's Ranger career is full of inconsistency. He also takes home a pretty hefty paycheck thanks to people who have paid for tickets for two or three decades.

Outside of the last two months of last season, has Roszival even come close to being a consistently good defenseman?

I'm not a "boo" person myself, but Roszival had already spent three boo-filled seasons at MSG when they presented the 20 million dollar contract on the table in 2008. When he signed the dotted line, he basically said "eff my feelings. I'm getting paid"

Booing a Ranger has been around at the Garden for decades. Players know that when they sign here. While I don't think it's productive at all, the fans have every right to voice their displeasure.

But booing a guy who scores is just plain dumb.

Old
10-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
The only person responsible for Roszival being booed is Roszival.

He was booed here before he signed the contract, he was booed here after.

He makes his own bed. Rosie's Ranger career is full of inconsistency. He also takes home a pretty hefty paycheck thanks to people who have paid for tickets for two or three decades.

Outside of the last two months of last season, has Roszival even come close to being a consistently good defenseman?

I'm not a "boo" person myself, but Roszival had already spent three boo-filled seasons at MSG when they presented the 20 million dollar contract on the table in 2008. When he signed the dotted line, he basically said "eff my feelings. I'm getting paid"

Booing a Ranger has been around at the Garden for decades. Players know that when they sign here. While I don't think it's productive at all, the fans have every right to voice their displeasure.

But booing a guy who scores is just plain dumb.
Well said.

Old
10-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Matteau Matteau

Don't play in NY if you're too sensitive to handle boos. Rozie has been overpaid trash for most of his career here, so I really don't feel too sorry for him. Is he better now? Yeah, but it will take awhile for the fans to embrace him IMO.

I haven't booed him, but I don't really care when others do.

But as people said above, booing when he scores or assists is just dumb.

Old
10-25-2010, 01:20 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteau Matteau View Post
Don't play in NY if you're too sensitive to handle boos. Rozie has been overpaid trash for most of his career here, so I really don't feel too sorry for him. Is he better now? Yeah, but it will take awhile for the fans to embrace him IMO.

I haven't booed him, but I don't really care when others do.

But as people said above, booing when he scores or assists is just dumb.
Abysmal statement in the bold above. First off the question isn't about him being sensitive or not, obviously he's not. It's about fans booing him for no reason at all. They don't know the game of hockey so we're better off if they watch the typical baseball or football game. Second, you're contradicting yourself. You really don't care if fans boo him? Yet you think it's stupid to boo him when he scores a goal or gets an assist?

See that's the problem right there. Rozsy has a rounded game and it's never going to be appreciated by the idiotic spectators at the garden unless it's in a form of a goal or assist....but word is he gets boo'd for that too.

Old
10-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Matteau Matteau

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Abysmal statement in the bold above. First off the question isn't about him being sensitive or not, obviously he's not. It's about fans booing him for no reason at all. They don't know the game of hockey so we're better off if they watch the typical baseball or football game. Second, you're contradicting yourself. You really don't care if fans boo him? Yet you think it's stupid to boo him when he scores a goal or gets an assist?
Ummmm.....no. It's not contradictory at all to say I don't mind boos EXCEPT for when it's done after he scores or assists. It's a quite common thing to say that in all sorts of cases.

When he ****s up, I don't care if people boo him. Like I said, he's been an overpaid bum mostly, and people are supposed to fall in love with him right away because he mostly stopped sucking? Not gonna happen.

Old
10-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:

See that's the problem right there. Rozsy has a rounded game and it's never going to be appreciated by the idiotic spectators at the garden unless it's in a form of a goal or assist....but word is he gets boo'd for that too.
Couldn't have said it any better.

I love the Rangers, I LOVE this team. But the fans? Good, God. We have so many stubborn, DUMB fans.

We're on par with Montreal.

Old
10-25-2010, 01:42 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteau Matteau View Post
Ummmm.....no. It's not contradictory at all to say I don't mind boos EXCEPT for when it's done after he scores or assists. It's a quite common thing to say that in all sorts of cases.

When he ****s up, I don't care if people boo him. Like I said, he's been an overpaid bum mostly, and people are supposed to fall in love with him right away because he mostly stopped sucking? Not gonna happen.
He's been an overpaid bum? In what world? Maybe yours. He came back from a hip surgery and didn't play to his contract. However, hip injuries aren't easy to come back from and play 100%. Which is why his game improved towards the end of last season. Which is why you're seeing a completely different Rozsival in the beginning of this season. Like I said, he has a complete game as a D-MEN so those booing him for his defensive game are no better than those booing him for his offensive game.

Old
10-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Matteau Matteau

Quote:
He's been an overpaid bum? In what world? Maybe yours. He came back from a hip surgery and didn't play to his contract. However, hip injuries aren't easy to come back from and play 100%. Which is why his game improved towards the end of last season. Which is why you're seeing a completely different Rozsival in the beginning of this season. Like I said, he has a complete game as a D-MEN so those booing him for his defensive game are no better than those booing him for his offensive game.
Like I said, I don't boo him. But I've seen him make far too many lazy, sloppy mistakes to get upset at some frustrated fans for letting him have it. Boos are just a part of the New York sports culture, and they don't bother me as much as they bother some of you guys.

I do agree he's been solid this season though.

Old
10-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Black Tank

Roszival can be a frustrating player to watch primarily b/c he's been forced for many years to be the pp QB and he simply doesn't have that skill set. Hence the "SHOOT" morons every time he gets the puck these days.

But the reality is that he is a steady dman who can put up a handful of points and can play a lot of mins without hurting the team on either end of the ice. That's not as easy to do as many people think with today's rules not allowing the clutching and grabbing, etc.

Think for a second what the Devils would do to have a guy like Roszival help anchor their floundering, slow D.

There is no reason to boo Roszival more than any other Ranger dman and so far this season, there is no reason to boo any of them.

Old
10-25-2010, 02:44 PM
John Torturella

Its ridiculous that 'fans' boo a player on their own team who isn't close to the worst defenseman on the team. The fan base is overly negative, maybe with some reason, and can't seem to go 5 minutes without a defenseman to boo. Poti, Malik, Redden and Rozsival. All booed harshly at home and not given a chance. How exactly is this productive? You can tell it isn't by how much better Rozsival plays on the road. The guy has played very well since the second half of last season. The guy deserves a chance to start the season without so much pressure. There is no reason to make a player play pressure-less games under the microscope.

Old
10-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I have seen the enemy and they are us

Old
10-25-2010, 02:58 PM
NYR Viper

Honestly, I find it very embarrassing to be a part of the fan-base when I am at the games. I went with my brother(who is Sabres fan) and he specifically asked why they were booing Rozsival. I had to explain that the people who do that are fairweather fans who have no idea about the concept of defense and his value to this team.

Old
10-25-2010, 03:07 PM
turcotte8

http://www.newsday.com/sports/column...were-1.2399418

"Devils have become what the Rangers once were"

Old
10-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Bardof425*

I am season ticket holder (17 years and counting) and I reserve my ire for the refs and the other team. I do not boo my own players. However, I do not begrudge those that do. And in his tenure here, since the one or two good seasons he had aside Malik, Rosi has been one of the reasons we have not made the playoffs. He plays alot of minutes on a relative basis because coaches have thought that he would regain whatever offensive ability he had earlier in his career and he has been the one constant on our awful power play. He tends to be lazy and does not fight through fatigue at the end of shifts. He has a good stick but too often he has been a nightmare with the puck on his stick and too slow to make enough plays in his own zone.

So, I don't think he should be booed, just traded even with his good start to this season.

Old
10-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Ranger Captain

Hi guys !
As my first, I just would like to precise that I am french and new on this forum !

I watched last night game, which was rly exciting until the 3rd quarter. What do you think about it ? The Rangers suffered more than they dominated in that quarter, it seems that they hardly can control a game more than 40 minutes !

Btw, Lundqvist was astonishing, again.

Old
10-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Captain View Post
Hi guys !
As my first, I just would like to precise that I am french and new on this forum !

I watched last night game, which was rly exciting until the 3rd quarter. What do you think about it ? The Rangers suffered more than they dominated in that quarter, it seems that they hardly can control a game more than 40 minutes !

Welcome.

It was our 3rd game in 4 days, and we also played Boston the night before. Gotta think exhaustion had something to do with the sloppy 3rd period...

Old
10-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Camenzuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Conspiracy theory... the green bar flashed before the lens shattered.

IT WAS THE GREEN FLASH! The puck didn't actually break the camera, in fact, camera lenses of that type are designed to stop pucks, the velocity and joules of energy carried by the puck wouldn't be enough to shatter that glass.

Now here is the alternate theory that I will accept as proof, ironically even though it has less evidence than the original story, and I use the "do you always believe what you're told?" line on everyone in pure hypocritical fashion.

John Tortorella and the rangers organization planted a green laser devise inside of the camera lens, so that when the time was right it would activate and shatter the lens, giving the rangers a much needed rest as the glass was picked up off of the ice. The puck was a convenient cover, seeing as Del Zotto, who is ON THE RANGERS PAYROLL; shot the puck in a way so that it would be deflected into the camera lens.

I'm just asking questions, here.
I like what you just did there. Funny stuff sir

Old
10-25-2010, 03:56 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
I am season ticket holder (17 years and counting) and I reserve my ire for the refs and the other team. I do not boo my own players. However, I do not begrudge those that do. And in his tenure here, since the one or two good seasons he had aside Malik, Rosi has been one of the reasons we have not made the playoffs. He plays alot of minutes on a relative basis because coaches have thought that he would regain whatever offensive ability he had earlier in his career and he has been the one constant on our awful power play. He tends to be lazy and does not fight through fatigue at the end of shifts. He has a good stick but too often he has been a nightmare with the puck on his stick and too slow to make enough plays in his own zone.

So, I don't think he should be booed, just traded even with his good start to this season.
So Rozsival is one of the reasons we missed the playoffs? Now I've heard everything. Blaming an individual on our failure to make the playoffs. No it's not because coaches are hoping he would regain whatever ability he had. It's because he has the ability you fail to see in him. The professionals see it in him but fans like you continue to approach with blinders on. Are you sure you're not the season ticket holder from the Colorado game? The one that was yelling for Rozsival to shoot the puck from behind the opponents net? Brutal.

Old
10-25-2010, 04:22 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Hi guys !

Welcome aboard, and it's called periods not quaters, just so you don't get it confused with basketball

Old
10-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Hi guys !

Yes the Devils came out strong that period, and it looked like the Rangers were far too content to sit on their laurels and not counterattack.

That would be my one complaint about the game. Not a Torts-esque third period.

Old
10-25-2010, 04:38 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

im with those who simply dont understand the outlandish rosi bashing. The past is the past, he's proven he can be an effective player i dont get why he doesnt get a chance...at all. Especially when he is playing VERY well and logging huge minutes.

There have been players who for whatever reason get a free pass (ahem Drury) meanwhile guys who are playing well, dispite what the critics in the stands may beleive, and he's getting bood when he scores a big goal...just brilliant.

rosi is the least of our problems. that said i dont think he should be on the first pp unit.
Other than that he has been one of our better defenseman so far this season i dont understand why fans wouldnt choose to encourage him instead of ripping him for every little thing he does, or doesnt do. Im getting reallllly tired of the "shooot" everytime he touches the puck on the pp, and im getting to the point of homicide with the 400lb guy behind me who yells "you suck rosi" everytime he's within 15 feet of the puck. If he could make it from the goaline to the blue line without collapsing maybe he'd understand that playing 25 minutes of error free defense is nearly impossible, especially in the "new nhl"...

Old
10-25-2010, 04:40 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
Welcome aboard, and it's called periods not quaters, just so you don't get it confused with basketball
speaking of which...
are the NYR folks warming up for the knicks season with the intermission/commercial break music?

Old
10-25-2010, 04:44 PM
FOXHOUND*

3 man wolf pack - loving these guys

Old
10-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

If you're feeling a little down today, just go over to the devs forum and check out the game thread: Freakin' hilarious!!

If you need a laugh it is a "must see". Both of them

"LangenBrutal" classsic!!

Closed Thread