HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DiPietro Discussion Thread Part I

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2010, 05:19 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
So what is the down low on this guy? How many games is he starting?

I have an option of dropping Khabibulin for Dipietro.....would that be smart? I would save some salary (it's a cap regulated league)....but not very much. What do you guys think?
He hasn't started in about 2 weeks.The isles are in a 10 game losing streak.

It's kind of funny because so many of the DP critics love to rave about how he 'kills' the teams playoff chances.

Old
11-20-2010, 05:54 PM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
He hasn't started in about 2 weeks.The isles are in a 10 game losing streak.

It's kind of funny because so many of the DP critics love to rave about how he 'kills' the teams playoff chances.
I think there's a strong correlation there actually.....if a team can't score enough for a goalie letting up 2 or 3 a game to win, maybe they just need a goalid t give up five or six to get in the habit of scoring more so when they have the 2 or 3 goalie again, they'll have a good habit of scoring goals and losing. Yeah. Wait. No.

Old
11-22-2010, 11:20 PM
TexMurphyPI

Time to run with DiPietro for a bit. We all know results are more important than goalies numbers. Roloson has played better this season, but in 12 games has gotten the isles a total of 5pts (2-9-1) in the standings. DiPietro has played 8 games and got 7pts (2-3-3) in the standings.

I'll take the more points/start over better GAA and SV%. So let DiPietro start 8 of the next 10 and see what he can do. This season is over anyway, so run DiPietro out there and find out if he can be a starter, even 1A/B, for next season. And if Roloson can bring back any help up front (doubt it, but maybe a salary dump) then move him. I don't see Roloson signing back on for another year.

Old
12-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Hirvi

I think we should run DP as much as possible this season and see if it gives anything. There's still a minor chance he can actually do something.

If it fails, shoot him, in the ****ing head.

Old
12-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Brunomics

After seeing him and his ups and mostly downs this season it's just as I expected, it's going to take him this whole season to get it back mentally and physically. He's showing signs of having it but he's having his struggles getting it all back. I'm not going to get on him anymore just for the fact the Isles season is already over and it's not just him that's the issue. If he's like this next season then I feel all the bashing is warrented.

Old
12-13-2010, 12:52 PM
hgo

He's getting close to the player of old. Which is complete with the same stupid mistakes he used to make.

The mental focus needs to get back to 2007 levels, and then I think we have a goalie we can roll with.

Old
12-18-2010, 11:55 AM
isle 24

Lawson to start tonight against coyotes. DP swelling of the knee per KatieStrang twitter

Old
12-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

And here... we... go...

Old
12-18-2010, 12:19 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
And here... we... go...

It's becoming a really sad joke at this point. The guy is going to have minor knee swelling the rest of his career.

Old
12-18-2010, 12:39 PM
GilliesGirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by isle 24 View Post
Lawson to start tonight against coyotes. DP swelling of the knee per KatieStrang twitter

What is up with Rollie? Is this a hint that something is/may be in the works?

Old
12-18-2010, 12:52 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilliesGirlie View Post
What is up with Rollie? Is this a hint that something is/may be in the works?
Thats what i said. Why isnt Rolie starting? You have a perfectly healthy, ready starter. lawson should be backing him up. Then, if they wat to get the kid time play him the next game if DP is still out. Most times when a goalie gets called up its too BACK UP not jump over one of your starters and get the nod right away.

Old
12-18-2010, 01:32 PM
OlTimeHockey

Rollie has been irate on the bench and probably angry the Swell Goalie has started so much despite his bad numbers. (he HAS had a few very good games to be fair). Maybe they are benching him. Maybe Rollie PO'd the AHL coach. Who knows? But a team trying to win doesn't sit the guy who is ready and who has been high quality in favor of an AHL call up unless it truly has no clue as to what it is doing (6-18-5).

Old
12-18-2010, 01:39 PM
GilliesGirlie

Yea, this is sadly becoming the norm for the isles.

Old
12-18-2010, 01:42 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Either something is up, or more likely the Isles are even a bigger joke than we thought.

Old
12-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Rollie has been irate on the bench and probably angry the Swell Goalie has started so much despite his bad numbers.
Has there been anything in the press or anything he's said to suggest that this is the case, or is this your gut feeling?

edit: And, before you get bent out of shape, I'm asking earnestly. I'm curious if this is true.

Old
12-18-2010, 01:50 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Has there been anything in the press or anything he's said to suggest that this is the case, or is this your gut feeling?

edit: And, before you get bent out of shape, I'm asking earnestly. I'm curious if this is true.
I saw it clear as day I should say. I believe Howie even mentioned it. It was two or three games ago Rollie just looked IRATE on the boards hanging over watching us lose.....so no tin foil hat, no DP hate, this is something I see brewing on the bench with C*apuano/management. Rollie is a guy who only succeeds when he gets the starts to get him into a groove. He does not and has not played well in spot duty.

Old
12-18-2010, 02:20 PM
macleod50

Quote:
I saw it clear as day I should say. I believe Howie even mentioned it. It was two or three games ago Rollie just looked IRATE on the boards hanging over watching us lose.....so no tin foil hat, no DP hate, this is something I see brewing on the bench with C*apuano/management. Rollie is a guy who only succeeds when he gets the starts to get him into a groove. He does not and has not played well in spot duty.
I noticed it as well. He does not look like a happy camper at all. A couple games ago after a few boneheaded plays by the D you could see him slamming his glove against the boards, yelling at them pretty angrily.

Old
12-18-2010, 02:38 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
I noticed it as well. He does not look like a happy camper at all. A couple games ago after a few boneheaded plays by the D you could see him slamming his glove against the boards, yelling at them pretty angrily.
...........................................and thus, the Egyptians invented beer.

THE END

Old
12-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

I am not the kind of person wishing ill on anyone.. I hope Rick Dipietro gets healthy. At the same time Him being injured again and possibly out for a long time is the best thing that can happen to this organization. I am hoping Ricky heals quick and retires for his sake. You have the money and a top front office job easily given to you. For his health.. JUST RETIRE!!!!

Old
12-19-2010, 01:32 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
I saw it clear as day I should say. I believe Howie even mentioned it. It was two or three games ago Rollie just looked IRATE on the boards hanging over watching us lose.
I'm sure he's not pleased about losing, but it doesn't mean he's angry about DiPietro or PO'd at the coach. He's a pretty animated guy.

I do agree that not starting him tonight is pretty mindboggling, unless the trade thing has legs.

Old
12-19-2010, 03:10 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
I'm sure he's not pleased about losing, but it doesn't mean he's angry about DiPietro or PO'd at the coach. He's a pretty animated guy.

I do agree that not starting him tonight is pretty mindboggling, unless the trade thing has legs.
I think the completely inept 3rd cousin/sister/wife Alabama offspring mutation quality organization we have thing has more legs than the Rollie trade, personally.

And Rollie is going to be the next Witt/Guerin in time. Lucky we have Capuano (funny feeling I had typing that, but I digress) and not the last thin skinned little twirp. He'll be sent packing at the deadline.

Old
12-19-2010, 04:06 PM
LateNightOilerFan

Quote:
Quote:
I've seen Roli through some tough times in Edmonton where he's sat for stretches but never seen that kind of behaviour from him on the bench directed towards teammates. Last night when they showed him he was talking and didn't look irate. You sure he wasn't upset with the ref or opposing players that other game?

I don't think he's Capuano's favourite guy though but that's a different discussion.

Old
12-19-2010, 05:00 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNightOilerFan View Post
I've seen Roli through some tough times in Edmonton where he's sat for stretches but never seen that kind of behaviour from him on the bench directed towards teammates. Last night when they showed him he was talking and didn't look irate. You sure he wasn't upset with the ref or opposing players that other game?

I don't think he's Capuano's favourite guy though but that's a different discussion.
I want to say it was during the Boston game. A d-man came towards the bench. It looked like Hillen. Roloson was yelling at him and pointing at something towards the other side of the ice.

Old
12-20-2010, 08:18 AM
LateNightOilerFan

Quote:
I want to say it was during the Boston game. A d-man came towards the bench. It looked like Hillen. Roloson was yelling at him and pointing at something towards the other side of the ice.
Just based on 5 years of watching him on and off the ice he was likely pointing something out about the opposition. He may have had to yell so the d-man would hear. It's just not in his nature to be verbally irate towards his teammates while he's on the bench. I think if he's upset about the playing situation he's not going to take it out on his teammates, it never happened in Edmonton when Garon was getting time over him and in fact Lawson even spoke about Roli calming him down before the game.

Old
12-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Bones45

so what is this? DP has some swelling the other night?

"nothing to worry about" is what is reporting by Botta originally.. and now DP is not practicing... no doubt to the knee issue..

can we start worrying?

Might I be the first to say... muuuaahhhhhhhh

Can we make this ******* retire yet? Im not wish pain or bad stuff on DP. I just don't particularily care or EVER cared for him or his attitude. He wasnt that good, even when he was healthy.

Like I said two years ago, he is nothing but a distraction, and hasnt been a positive for this team,, since.. umm... was he ever a positive?. Sure. .he has had stretches of good play, but that is a hiccup in an underachieving career.

Right now, he fits in perfectly with this team which begs to be destroyed like a wounded horse. Just shoot him ( or me) and get this story overwith.

Rolly, who has been nothing but solid most games is stuck sharing duty with this guy. and Lawson i thought played pretty well in his game.. solid on angles, steady, like a fire hyrant. Didnt make any dumb plays.

hire a hit man to come in and baton DP in the knees and get him out of our life. Like a bad-ex girlfriend who keeps ringing your doorbell, to say that she still loves you.

MOVE ON DP.. Maybe you can be a goaltending coach for the Bellmore Mites.

The fact that the organization says/admit nothing.. doesnt address this issue at all, is just one more reason to HATE THIS F U C K I N G TEAM!!!!!

Too bad we couldnt have had an avalanche of snow to cave in the coliseum.

Damn.. I think I need to go to anger mgmt.

Closed Thread