HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DiPietro Discussion Thread Part I

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2011, 11:17 AM
  #351
DaMick
at least we got D
 
DaMick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,433
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan View Post
I changed pads once, and that was due to me borrowing this guys pads for about 4 years, and then he wanted them back.


My wife and I rigged something with velcro, on the back of the pads, so I can change colors by buying new fabric. (I liked my pads matching the jersey.)

I never got the whole "change pads every season" thing.
Me neither...takes quite a while to get them broken in...plus somewhat expensive.

__________________
DaMick is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 11:46 AM
  #352
Antidote
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
James Mirtle on the downside of the butterfly. It helps understand why the style is a goalie-killer - especially hips.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1859413/

Antidote is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 04:02 PM
  #353
Doug Height
Okposwag
 
Doug Height's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
http://twitter.com/#!/KatieStrangNYI

Quote:
Rick DiPietro did not practice with #Isles today; he is flying back to NY for eval on his groin strain
I think many saw this coming.

Doug Height is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 05:25 PM
  #354
DaMick
at least we got D
 
DaMick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,433
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by antidote View Post
James Mirtle on the downside of the butterfly. It helps understand why the style is a goalie-killer - especially hips.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1859413/
Good article, and its very accurate.


Last edited by DaMick: 01-07-2011 at 06:05 PM.
DaMick is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 07:21 PM
  #355
cjdv16
Registered User
 
cjdv16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Swamp
Country: United States
Posts: 6,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
http://twitter.com/#!/KatieStrangNYI



I think many saw this coming.
Certainly.

And this is the reason I want to kick Garth Snow in the teeth each and every time he opens his mouth. Only meaningless bull **** comes out.

I had always given him a pass and placed the blame on Wang, but Snow makes me sick now. Get both of these ****s out of here and send Ricky with them.

Enough's enough.

cjdv16 is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 07:23 PM
  #356
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang
 
IslesFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,855
vCash: 500
D O N E

IslesFanatic is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 04:25 AM
  #357
PhysicalGraffiti
Go Bolts
 
PhysicalGraffiti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
Certainly.

And this is the reason I want to kick Garth Snow in the teeth each and every time he opens his mouth. Only meaningless bull **** comes out.

I had always given him a pass and placed the blame on Wang, but Snow makes me sick now. Get both of these ****s out of here and send Ricky with them.

Enough's enough.
I can only shake my head at this. Yeah, send DP away because his injuries and desire to do what he loves are both his fault and detrimental characteristics of a goalie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
D O N E

Hope you're wrong. Really do. I know you don't.


Really upsetting news.

I don't know what else to say.

I just hope people go easy on the guy. He's a competitor and wants to play, you can't hate him for wanting to do what he loves and is paid to do. You guys act like it would be easy to just quit and retire or something.

Give the guy a ****ing break. He loves what he does, and a bunch of fans with no knowledge of himself nor the current state of the Islanders need to tell him what is the right move.

I'll root for him and wear his jersey until he hangs up the skates, and still then I will proudly wear his jersey.

You can't fault him for his injuries, it's not like he asked for them or wants this to happen. He's a fierce competitor and really wants to play. Why would he retire? He isn't holding the whole team back by any means. That's just the detractors opinion.

I hope to see him suiting back up in a few games to finish out the year.

Get well soon DP.

PhysicalGraffiti is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 11:59 AM
  #358
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang
 
IslesFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,855
vCash: 500
Insomniac, I hope I am wrong too. I have always defended him and always have said he should retire when he is reay and that its his decision. I hope he returns to form, but at this point its painfully obvious he won't. Maybe he can be a capable backup but it doesn't seem that he is the goalkie that we can count on to start 60 games a year.

IslesFanatic is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 12:06 PM
  #359
macleod50
Registered User
 
macleod50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,491
vCash: 250
Which you are then paying a backup goaltender $4.5 million a year.

macleod50 is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 01:04 PM
  #360
PhysicalGraffiti
Go Bolts
 
PhysicalGraffiti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
Insomniac, I hope I am wrong too. I have always defended him and always have said he should retire when he is reay and that its his decision. I hope he returns to form, but at this point its painfully obvious he won't. Maybe he can be a capable backup but it doesn't seem that he is the goalkie that we can count on to start 60 games a year.
I understand. I think of myself as a realist, and am not usually this optimistic. But I just keep holding out hope he'll make it back. I find it so frustrating that the injuries started and haven't stopped for him.

I had something in the back of my mind thinking this strain was something worse. But I was hoping I was wrong. Now I'm expecting to see, DiPietro done for the year with torn something. It's sad for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
Which you are then paying a backup goaltender $4.5 million a year.
Oh yeah, because we are so close to the salary cap, DP's salary is a huge burden.


PhysicalGraffiti is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 02:08 PM
  #361
macleod50
Registered User
 
macleod50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,491
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Oh yeah, because we are so close to the salary cap, DP's salary is a huge burden.

Yes emoticons, the basis of a solid argument.

You can roll your eyes all you want. The Islanders get a new building and Wang finally decides to open the wallet and spend for a winner. You then have an injury prone goalie taking $4.5 million up of payroll for playing 20-30 games a year.

And no they're not close to the cap, but to play the role of the "DiPietro should be off the team" crowd, that 4.5 million could bring in a player that can play every game. Something that is desperately needed at this point.

macleod50 is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 03:00 PM
  #362
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 16,104
vCash: 500
But DP IS that player....when we have a new building, DP will be there. I think he has 60 games in him still....give it time.

5 games here, 10 the next year, 8 after that.....60 games is what you expect from a number one. Amirite?

This is all WONG. If he was on the CUSP of being dominant, a three year deal for $2.5 was logical (and generous). We instead threw 15 years, the NHL said no, then did it again and the NHL allowed Islander fans to be screwed for a long, long, long, LOOOONG time.

I really wish him the best, but this is my team so I don't want him on it. No more. I want to close this chapter and start fresh. I just have to wait the duration of one classical education or so.

OlTimeHockey is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 03:03 PM
  #363
Doug Height
Okposwag
 
Doug Height's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
Insomniac, I hope I am wrong too. I have always defended him and always have said he should retire when he is reay and that its his decision. I hope he returns to form, but at this point its painfully obvious he won't. Maybe he can be a capable backup but it doesn't seem that he is the goalkie that we can count on to start 60 games a year.
I feel the same exact way about DP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Oh yeah, because we are so close to the salary cap, DP's salary is a huge burden.

If he were only signed for another year, maybe this would make sense. But he signed for another 10 years.

And for a team that isn't really a big market team with unlimited money, spending 4.5mil on a backup goalie or nothing can be very detrimental.

Doug Height is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 03:05 PM
  #364
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 16,104
vCash: 500
It's worse than spending on Yashin. Yashin's contract buyout ends much sooner.

OlTimeHockey is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 03:31 PM
  #365
Disgraced Cosmonaut
Registered User
 
Disgraced Cosmonaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
I can only shake my head at this. Yeah, send DP away because his injuries and desire to do what he loves are both his fault and detrimental characteristics of a goalie.




Hope you're wrong. Really do. I know you don't.


Really upsetting news.

I don't know what else to say.

I just hope people go easy on the guy. He's a competitor and wants to play, you can't hate him for wanting to do what he loves and is paid to do. You guys act like it would be easy to just quit and retire or something.

Give the guy a ****ing break. He loves what he does, and a bunch of fans with no knowledge of himself nor the current state of the Islanders need to tell him what is the right move.

I'll root for him and wear his jersey until he hangs up the skates, and still then I will proudly wear his jersey.

You can't fault him for his injuries, it's not like he asked for them or wants this to happen. He's a fierce competitor and really wants to play. Why would he retire? He isn't holding the whole team back by any means. That's just the detractors opinion.

I hope to see him suiting back up in a few games to finish out the year.

Get well soon DP.
i will point out how wrong you are on what I bolded above (see my bolded below), but first i'll tee up my feelings on DP from 2000 - 2011.
i was against the trade of luongo and wanted to take heatley. still think that collossal waste of assets killed the team. italso put so much strain on DP to be the "best ever" goalie and justify not only the trade but being the first goalie to be taken with the #1. ouch.
still, i'm an Islander fan so "no" i don't hate DP at all. in fact, i love his desire to play the game. before his injuries, he was maybe in the 9 to 18 range as far as league goalies went, on any given night he could be impressive.
fast fwd to now: DP's contract is the biggest reason we're reaching the cap floor. without it, Wang would HAVE to spendthat $ on another player for this team. that waste of financial assets is killing this young team. there are no veterans playing alongside our youth. even one forward worth his 4.5 mill would help steady this team somewhat. now, we're thin and instead we've got this contract and a player who's never around. to boot, he should've played in the minors for at least a month before joining the club this year. instead, he looked as rusty as you would expect a guy to look in his situation. cannot blame him for being injured, but i can blame his contract for being the biggest crutch Wang and Garth have to make it to the CAP FLOOR. until he retires, he will undoubtedly be holding back this team.

Disgraced Cosmonaut is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 05:29 PM
  #366
PhysicalGraffiti
Go Bolts
 
PhysicalGraffiti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
Yes emoticons, the basis of a solid argument.

You can roll your eyes all you want. The Islanders get a new building and Wang finally decides to open the wallet and spend for a winner. You then have an injury prone goalie taking $4.5 million up of payroll for playing 20-30 games a year.

And no they're not close to the cap, but to play the role of the "DiPietro should be off the team" crowd, that 4.5 million could bring in a player that can play every game. Something that is desperately needed at this point.
Considering the statements you have made towards me and about this sitation, the emoticon was fitting.

You haven't shown a person to have an intelligent discussion with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
But DP IS that player....when we have a new building, DP will be there. I think he has 60 games in him still....give it time.

5 games here, 10 the next year, 8 after that.....60 games is what you expect from a number one. Amirite?

This is all WONG. If he was on the CUSP of being dominant, a three year deal for $2.5 was logical (and generous). We instead threw 15 years, the NHL said no, then did it again and the NHL allowed Islander fans to be screwed for a long, long, long, LOOOONG time.

I really wish him the best, but this is my team so I don't want him on it. No more. I want to close this chapter and start fresh. I just have to wait the duration of one classical education or so.
I get it. But Wang gave him the deal. And he's a player with alot of heart. He wants to play and wants to fulfill his contract. It's hard to tell a guy to quit. Had he made the contract himself you could say it was selfish, but I can't blame the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
I feel the same exact way about DP.



If he were only signed for another year, maybe this would make sense. But he signed for another 10 years.

And for a team that isn't really a big market team with unlimited money, spending 4.5mil on a backup goalie or nothing can be very detrimental.
I get it. Wang gave him a huge deal. I liked it at the time because I'm a huge DP fan. So I was glad to see they locked my favorite Isle up for a long time. I realize business wise the decision may have been questionable. But you also can't predict injuries. It would have been more questionable had the future been predictable, but had this worked out and DP was not injured and one of the best goalies in the league, the contact would be praised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgraced Cosmonaut View Post
i will point out how wrong you are on what I bolded above (see my bolded below), but first i'll tee up my feelings on DP from 2000 - 2011.
i was against the trade of luongo and wanted to take heatley. still think that collossal waste of assets killed the team. italso put so much strain on DP to be the "best ever" goalie and justify not only the trade but being the first goalie to be taken with the #1. ouch.
still, i'm an Islander fan so "no" i don't hate DP at all. in fact, i love his desire to play the game. before his injuries, he was maybe in the 9 to 18 range as far as league goalies went, on any given night he could be impressive.
fast fwd to now: DP's contract is the biggest reason we're reaching the cap floor. without it, Wang would HAVE to spendthat $ on another player for this team. that waste of financial assets is killing this young team. there are no veterans playing alongside our youth. even one forward worth his 4.5 mill would help steady this team somewhat. now, we're thin and instead we've got this contract and a player who's never around. to boot, he should've played in the minors for at least a month before joining the club this year. instead, he looked as rusty as you would expect a guy to look in his situation. cannot blame him for being injured, but i can blame his contract for being the biggest crutch Wang and Garth have to make it to the CAP FLOOR. until he retires, he will undoubtedly be holding back this team.
This is stupid that Wang's inability to spend money is DPs fault. There is no need to stay at the floor. You should be able to spend money on a team.

Like I've said before, you aren't in his situation nor know what's going on in his head. He doesn't want to retire yet. He wants to be able to get past the injuries and play. It's what he loves.

PhysicalGraffiti is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 05:42 PM
  #367
Sammy2010*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Considering the statements you have made towards me and about this sitation, the emoticon was fitting.

You haven't shown a person to have an intelligent discussion with.



I get it. But Wang gave him the deal. And he's a player with alot of heart. He wants to play and wants to fulfill his contract. It's hard to tell a guy to quit. Had he made the contract himself you could say it was selfish, but I can't blame the guy.



I get it. Wang gave him a huge deal. I liked it at the time because I'm a huge DP fan. So I was glad to see they locked my favorite Isle up for a long time. I realize business wise the decision may have been questionable. But you also can't predict injuries. It would have been more questionable had the future been predictable, but had this worked out and DP was not injured and one of the best goalies in the league, the contact would be praised.



This is stupid that Wang's inability to spend money is DPs fault. There is no need to stay at the floor. You should be able to spend money on a team.

Like I've said before, you aren't in his situation nor know what's going on in his head. He doesn't want to retire yet. He wants to be able to get past the injuries and play. It's what he loves.
He want's to continue to throw the goal tending situation off, no matter how many times he gets hurt. No matter how obvious it is that his injuries are going to continue. He is a selfish man, and that can be seen on the ice as well.

Sammy2010* is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 05:58 PM
  #368
Abe Vukota
Registered User
 
Abe Vukota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2010 View Post
He want's to continue to throw the goal tending situation off, no matter how many times he gets hurt. No matter how obvious it is that his injuries are going to continue. He is a selfish man, and that can be seen on the ice as well.
Here's why I think he's selfish: by retiring, he in no way ends his career. What he does do is get his ridiculous (and at this point clearly errant) contract off the books and FORCE the team to spend more money on the team. In fact, he doesn't even have to retire; a guy who really cares about the team would probably renegotiate and accept a diminished role for the time being. None of that precludes DP having a long, fruitful career (assuming wheelchairs in the crease become acceptable equipment), but it does free up money, make the franchise look smart and savvy for a change, and allow us to audition our goalies of the future even during the 3-4 weeks a year Rick is healthy.

Insomniac, good to see you saying that the contract MIGHT not be great...that's really progressive thinking. But you know when you said you can't predict injuries? Yes you can: 100% of players will be injured at some point. And butterfly goalies get injured more than anyone (read the article posted on this thread about it!). Butterfly goalies that aren't even top five goalies in the league don't NEED to be locked up for over a decade. A five year deal would have been sufficient. If that kills your cap, go for seven. But more than that is a fool's errand.

No one has wished harm on DiPietro and I personally would love to see him heal up over the next two years, learn a less demanding style, and become an amazing goalie in his 30s (it has happened). But I want him to do it on another team at this point. As part of an amazing comeback from an unfortunate early retirement.

Abe Vukota is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 06:06 PM
  #369
Disgraced Cosmonaut
Registered User
 
Disgraced Cosmonaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Considering the statements you have made towards me and about this sitation, the emoticon was fitting.

You haven't shown a person to have an intelligent discussion with.



I get it. But Wang gave him the deal. And he's a player with alot of heart. He wants to play and wants to fulfill his contract. It's hard to tell a guy to quit. Had he made the contract himself you could say it was selfish, but I can't blame the guy.



I get it. Wang gave him a huge deal. I liked it at the time because I'm a huge DP fan. So I was glad to see they locked my favorite Isle up for a long time. I realize business wise the decision may have been questionable. But you also can't predict injuries. It would have been more questionable had the future been predictable, but had this worked out and DP was not injured and one of the best goalies in the league, the contact would be praised.



This is stupid that Wang's inability to spend money is DPs fault. There is no need to stay at the floor. You should be able to spend money on a team.
Like I've said before, you aren't in his situation nor know what's going on in his head. He doesn't want to retire yet. He wants to be able to get past the injuries and play. It's what he loves.
re: Wang's "inability"- That would be a stupid thing to say, but I never said that. You're either purposely not reading posts that may not be Pro-RICK OR else you really don't understand the CAP FLOOR. the CAP FLOOR means an owner has to (i.e. it is a must; imperative; mandatory) spend a certain amount on his team. the fact that Rick's making the 4.5 coupled with the fact that we're just barely reaching the CAP FLOOR means that, if you take Rick's contract away, the money currently allocated to him would (as I said above) have to spent on someone else.

of course wang could spend above the cap, but he's not. if rick weren't on the team, Wang's hand would be forced.

Disgraced Cosmonaut is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 06:06 PM
  #370
Hockify
Registered User
 
Hockify's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Vukota View Post
Here's why I think he's selfish: by retiring, he in no way ends his career. What he does do is get his ridiculous (and at this point clearly errant) contract off the books and FORCE the team to spend more money on the team. In fact, he doesn't even have to retire; a guy who really cares about the team would probably renegotiate and accept a diminished role for the time being. None of that precludes DP having a long, fruitful career (assuming wheelchairs in the crease become acceptable equipment), but it does free up money, make the franchise look smart and savvy for a change, and allow us to audition our goalies of the future even during the 3-4 weeks a year Rick is healthy.

Insomniac, good to see you saying that the contract MIGHT not be great...that's really progressive thinking. But you know when you said you can't predict injuries? Yes you can: 100% of players will be injured at some point. And butterfly goalies get injured more than anyone (read the article posted on this thread about it!). Butterfly goalies that aren't even top five goalies in the league don't NEED to be locked up for over a decade. A five year deal would have been sufficient. If that kills your cap, go for seven. But more than that is a fool's errand.

No one has wished harm on DiPietro and I personally would love to see him heal up over the next two years, learn a less demanding style, and become an amazing goalie in his 30s (it has happened). But I want him to do it on another team at this point. As part of an amazing comeback from an unfortunate early retirement.
That is not legal in the NHL.

Hockify is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 06:07 PM
  #371
Stumpy32
Registered User
 
Stumpy32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgraced Cosmonaut View Post
i will point out how wrong you are on what I bolded above (see my bolded below), but first i'll tee up my feelings on DP from 2000 - 2011.
i was against the trade of luongo and wanted to take heatley. still think that collossal waste of assets killed the team. italso put so much strain on DP to be the "best ever" goalie and justify not only the trade but being the first goalie to be taken with the #1. ouch.
still, i'm an Islander fan so "no" i don't hate DP at all. in fact, i love his desire to play the game. before his injuries, he was maybe in the 9 to 18 range as far as league goalies went, on any given night he could be impressive.
fast fwd to now: DP's contract is the biggest reason we're reaching the cap floor. without it, Wang would HAVE to spendthat $ on another player for this team. that waste of financial assets is killing this young team. there are no veterans playing alongside our youth. even one forward worth his 4.5 mill would help steady this team somewhat. now, we're thin and instead we've got this contract and a player who's never around. to boot, he should've played in the minors for at least a month before joining the club this year. instead, he looked as rusty as you would expect a guy to look in his situation. cannot blame him for being injured, but i can blame his contract for being the biggest crutch Wang and Garth have to make it to the CAP FLOOR. until he retires, he will undoubtedly be holding back this team.
There are no veterans playing on this team because they don't want to come here. It has nothing to do with DP's contract. It started with Smyth and will continue until we become competitive again. I don't even think a new arena would draw them in if the on ice product is still lousy. At least we have some good young talent now but we are still a year or two away before quality vets will consider us.

Stumpy32 is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 06:18 PM
  #372
Disgraced Cosmonaut
Registered User
 
Disgraced Cosmonaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy32 View Post
There are no veterans playing on this team because they don't want to come here. It has nothing to do with DP's contract. It started with Smyth and will continue until we become competitive again. I don't even think a new arena would draw them in if the on ice product is still lousy. At least we have some good young talent now but we are still a year or two away before quality vets will consider us.
there's definitely some validity to this. no doubt the island has become the last stop for some RFA's on their tour of possibilities.
however, we would have to spend the $. that's my point.
while it may mean that we'd be (over)spending on someone, we'd have that much more incentive (due to the cap floor) to do so. i'm sure there are some $3 - 3.5M million/yr players out there that would take about 33% more, i.e. $4.5 - 5M , to come play for the islanders. while a $10M/yr player like Ilya Kovalchuk didn't want to come here, that $1M represents a lot less to him than it would mean to the guy making 3.5.
the league sets the rules. even Wang, in this midst of this cheap phase, have to play by them.

Disgraced Cosmonaut is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 06:21 PM
  #373
macleod50
Registered User
 
macleod50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,491
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Considering the statements you have made towards me and about this sitation, the emoticon was fitting.

You haven't shown a person to have an intelligent discussion with.
I know, cause I don't have a poster of DiPietro hanging above my bed.

It's funny you didn't address any of my other points. Not really a surprise. Keep rolling those eyes though.

DiPietro taking up 4.5 million and not being healthy will affect this team in the future, I'd wager money on it.


Last edited by macleod50: 01-08-2011 at 06:26 PM.
macleod50 is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 06:24 PM
  #374
Disgraced Cosmonaut
Registered User
 
Disgraced Cosmonaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
@stumpy32 and insomniac-

How about I just say it this way: If DP and his $4.5M contract weren't on this team this year, who would we have spent it on?

whoever that'd be (and it could be multiple players), i'd wager about 75% of Islander fans would rather have the money spent on them than Rick.

it is a huge shame that any of this has to be said, but that's life. that's reality. rick's hurt and likely will never be the same. our bad luck. but let's move on already.

Disgraced Cosmonaut is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 06:30 PM
  #375
Disgraced Cosmonaut
Registered User
 
Disgraced Cosmonaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
I know, cause I don't have a poster of DiPietro hanging above my bed.

It's funny you didn't address any of my other points. Not really a surprise. Keep rolling those eyes though.

DiPietro taking up 4.5 million and not being healthy will effect this team in the future, I'd wager money on it.
this is amusing.
.

Disgraced Cosmonaut is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.