HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DiPietro Discussion Thread Part I

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2011, 05:55 PM
13th Floor

vCash: 500
Man, watching the videos in the thread is just ... facepalm. That last game of the season last year should mean that Montoya starts, Nabby backs up. They need to send DP down.

But I know this team won't do that, and it's things like this that hold this team back... and piss me off.

Old
10-06-2011, 07:31 PM
rollin109

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss22 View Post
My boss who is an old school goalie totally blamed the centerman for not looking back and checking to see if the goalie (DP) is ready.

I remember the next faceoff in the Isles zone. Rick made a motion to JT who was about to take the face off, to make eye contact with each other before setting up for the face off.
That is complete bs. DP was set, he just looked down at the last minute for whatever reason. This is what i dislike most about him is that he blames everyone around him. If you ever get a chance to watch him in practice he actually gets mad at his teammates whenever they score on him.

Old
10-06-2011, 07:58 PM
TheBoss22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin109 View Post
That is complete bs. DP was set, he just looked down at the last minute for whatever reason. This is what i dislike most about him is that he blames everyone around him. If you ever get a chance to watch him in practice he actually gets mad at his teammates whenever they score on him.
No it's not BS, as the centerman just went down to take the draw. There was no communcation.

DP looked down for whatever reason, because he wasn't ready.

He gets mad when his teammates score, because he's a competitor and tries to stop everything. He's not made at his teammates. He's mad at himself.

I'm not trying to argue with you and be a DP Lover like some would like to proclaim. It's just that your points are off base.

Old
10-06-2011, 08:17 PM
rollin109

Quote:
No it's not BS, as the centerman just went down to take the draw. There was no communcation.

He gets mad when his teammates score, because he's a competitor and tries to stop everything. He's not made at his teammates. He's mad at himself.

I'm not trying to argue with you and be a DP Lover like some would like to proclaim. It's just that your points are off base.
your wrong, whether or not there was communication or not dp was set, both centers were set, and the ref had his arm stretched out ready to drop the puck. That is when dp decided to take a nap, what is the center supposed to do keep his eyes on dp the whole time and remind him that they are in the middle of a game.

Old
10-06-2011, 08:41 PM
TheBoss22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin109 View Post
your wrong, whether or not there was communication or not dp was set, both centers were set, and the ref had his arm stretched out ready to drop the puck. That is when dp decided to take a nap, what is the center supposed to do keep his eyes on dp the whole time and remind him that they are in the middle of a game.
I'm perfectly fine with disagreeing with you (and I guess I speak for my boss as well).

If you ever get the chance. Talk to a goalie (not a beer league goalie), someone that has at least played juniors and ask them if it's the centerman's responsibilty to look back and make eye contact with the goalie to make sure they are ready before taking the face off.

Just like it's the centerman's responsibility to point everyone out and give defensive responsibilities before the puck is dropped.

This is all referring to a defensive zone face off.

Old
10-06-2011, 10:02 PM
islesfan3991

vCash: 50
Send a message via Yahoo to islesfan3991
Are we really arguing about a random goal that happend last season? I can't believe that people are saying he shouldn't start when a lot of those same people said that the best goalie in camp should start. From what we've seen, DP has been the best. You can't say a guy shouldn't start because of one goal. If you want, we can do the same with Montoya.

I guess he should never start for this team again.

Old
10-06-2011, 11:24 PM
bigdom1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan3991 View Post
Are we really arguing about a random goal that happend last season? I can't believe that people are saying he shouldn't start when a lot of those same people said that the best goalie in camp should start. From what we've seen, DP has been the best. You can't say a guy shouldn't start because of one goal. If you want, we can do the same with Montoya.

well if thats the case then dp should be banned from hockey for life...how many times have we seen him make that mistake...hmm i lost count after 2001

Old
10-06-2011, 11:32 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:

"Someone radio the goalie....we have a linesman with a puck and he looks like he's about to drop it. I REPEAT, HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S ABOUT TO DROP IT. I am in communication with NORAD and the Charman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has been evacuated."

It was a pure bonehead move, one of many.

Old
10-06-2011, 11:36 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
I'm perfectly fine with disagreeing with you (and I guess I speak for my boss as well).

If you ever get the chance. Talk to a goalie (not a beer league goalie), someone that has at least played juniors and ask them if it's the centerman's responsibilty to look back and make eye contact with the goalie to make sure they are ready before taking the face off.

Just like it's the centerman's responsibility to point everyone out and give defensive responsibilities before the puck is dropped.

This is all referring to a defensive zone face off.
Let's not get hoidy toidy. The center saw he was set, 15-20M people saw he was set and the faceoff happened when he had a brain fart and looked down. It was an oopsy. It wasn't the center or coach or Dick Cheney's fault, just Rick's. The faceoff is taken and not always does the center talk about responsibility.....it's a standard play when they set up. If it was unusual they would have communicated but the puck drops, you cover your guy and the goalie plays goalie, ready for the puck at all times.

But hey, blame everyone you need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan3991 View Post

No joke, big dom......DP has more of those than completed passes in his career.

Old
10-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...3#post37564603

Continue in Part II.