HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out Of Town Thread part XIII (All non Habs related news here) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2010, 10:37 PM
TheBuriedHab

vCash: 500
Oshie Broke his Ankle according to the Blues coach. Injury bug seems to have hit St louis.

Old
11-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Mathletic

not sure if anyone else caught this but I watched part of the Leafs-Panthers game on the web and during pauses you still hear the comentators. At some point McGuire said, imagine if the Canadiens had this kid. Cuthbert, I think, asked him why, and Pierre said they passed on him at some point but I missed the name.

Old
11-10-2010, 10:54 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
not sure if anyone else caught this but I watched part of the Leafs-Panthers game on the web and during pauses you still hear the comentators. At some point McGuire said, imagine if the Canadiens had this kid. Cuthbert, I think, asked him why, and Pierre said they passed on him at some point but I missed the name.
don't know what it was, but I gotta say McGuire takes every chance possible to make a dig at the Habs - it's personal with him.

Old
11-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Oshie Broke his Ankle according to the Blues coach. Injury bug seems to have hit St louis.
Who else is injured?

Old
11-10-2010, 11:02 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Who else is injured?
Polak, Colaiachovo (sp?), Perron, Jackman....and now Oshie.

Old
11-10-2010, 11:08 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
Gainey/Timmins pushed HARD to get Florida's pick back in the 2009 draft, and according to some people, even though they pretend they would have liked Leblanc, they would have selected Kulikov with it. So it's maybe about this.

Old
11-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
Polak, Colaiacovo, Perron, Jackman....and now Oshie.

Ouch, that does hurt. Two players in their top six (three if you count Kariya) and three regular D-men.

It'll be interesting to see how St-Louis' depth will handle the workload.

Old
11-10-2010, 11:16 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Anyone saw Kovalchuk's shootout attempt?

Old
11-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Anyone saw Kovalchuk's shootout attempt?
Check out post #295

Fel96 is awesome.

Old
11-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Thorn

lol @ Kovalchuk

Old
11-11-2010, 12:56 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
lol @ Kovalchuk
there is your 100 million dollar man. money well spent

Old
11-11-2010, 01:02 AM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

hahaha.
Just saw this on NHL.com.

Forget about Gomez and Gionta - THAT is snakebitten.

Highlight reel of the month.

Ouch.

Lamoriello must be hanging by his tie in the rafters somewhere.

Old
11-11-2010, 05:51 AM
Andy

Lmao! Leafs lose again!

Remember when JayBee and Nitanny said they would rather have Burke as a GM than Bob Gainey because Burke makes trades. Lmao.

Boston is going to get another top 5 pick! For Phil freaking Kessel and one dimensional goal scorer.

Boston will be a powerhouse for years to come all because Burke is an idiot!

I can't believe he traded all that for Phil Kessel especially since Boston wasn't going to sign Kessel to the deal he wanted anyway.

Thanks Burke for strengthen a division rival. Would not be surprised at all if Boston wins the cup within the next three years.

The Best part of all of this is that the year the Leafs picked Kadri, right before the draft, Dreger reported that the Bruins and the leafs agreed on Kessel for Kaberle, but the trade fell through because the Bruins wanted the Leafs first round pick that year(Kadri).

So instead, Burke gives up the next two first round picks! What a clown!

Last edited by Andy: 11-11-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old
11-11-2010, 06:04 AM
GoHomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

hahaha.
I love Enroth's (Sabres goalie) reaction, took him a good second to realize what the **** just happened.

Old
11-11-2010, 08:17 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontreal View Post
I love Enroth's (Sabres goalie) reaction, took him a good second to realize what the **** just happened.
The legend of Kovy grows...how do you go back in the dressing room and face the team after that pathetic attempt???

Old
11-11-2010, 08:23 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Lmao! Leafs lose again!

Remember when JayBee and Nitanny said they would rather have Burke as a GM than Bob Gainey because Burke makes trades. Lmao.

Boston is going to get another top 5 pick! For Phil freaking Kessel and one dimensional goal scorer.

Boston will be a powerhouse for years to come all because Burke is an idiot!

I can't believe he traded all that for Phil Kessel especially since Boston wasn't going to sign Kessel to the deal he wanted anyway.

Thanks Burke for strengthen a division rival. Would not be surprised at all if Boston wins the cup within the next three years.

The Best part of all of this is that the year the Leafs picked Kadri, right before the draft, Dreger reported that the Bruins and the leafs agreed on Kessel for Kaberle, but the trade fell through because the Bruins wanted the Leafs first round pick that year(Kadri).

So instead, Burke gives up the next two first round picks! What a clown!
Burkie was in the perfect position to rebuild, but his bosses at MLSE, the one's who told him he could make all the decisions, made him retool instead of rebuild...as much as I dislike Burkie in some ways, he was forced to do this, from the pension plan puppets...a real rebuild in a city like TO is almost impossible, because like the Habs, they still want to charge people a fortune to come watch the games...I personally think a guy like Burkie is a perfect guy to finish a contender, not build one...and the proof is in Anaheim where Murray build the team, and Burkie finished it off, and got the glory, albeit the overrated glory...

Hard to believe the Leafs are struggling again, and have no picks or prospects except Kadri? I think Burkie thought he could turn Kabs into a first rounder, and once again, a huge miscalculation in judgement...

Old
11-11-2010, 12:27 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
On the main board, somebody posted a GIF from NHL 11 of the Leafs offering Kessel to the Bruins for Seguin, Knight and a 2nd and the Bruins rejecting it with the "We at the Bruins take trading very seriously. This isn't even close to fair value" quote. The topic got nuked before I could save it, does anyone have it? It was ****ing hilarious.

Old
11-11-2010, 12:48 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Burkie was in the perfect position to rebuild, but his bosses at MLSE, the one's who told him he could make all the decisions, made him retool instead of rebuild...as much as I dislike Burkie in some ways, he was forced to do this, from the pension plan puppets...a real rebuild in a city like TO is almost impossible, because like the Habs, they still want to charge people a fortune to come watch the games...I personally think a guy like Burkie is a perfect guy to finish a contender, not build one...and the proof is in Anaheim where Murray build the team, and Burkie finished it off, and got the glory, albeit the overrated glory...

Hard to believe the Leafs are struggling again, and have no picks or prospects except Kadri? I think Burkie thought he could turn Kabs into a first rounder, and once again, a huge miscalculation in judgement...
pretty sure they gave him full authority over the team, since what you are talking about was the problem prior to Burke.

Burke has too much ego to do a rebuild, he wanted to be #1 since day one; pretty sure thats his type of personality and it reflects in the 'moves' he makes.

Old
11-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Just saw the Blues' game highlights and all I can say about that second Jackets' goal is Jaroslol Halak.

Old
11-11-2010, 01:44 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Just saw the Blues' game highlights and all I can say about that second Jackets' goal is Jaroslol Halak.
If Price lets in one like that...this board would explode...I am curious to see how Jaro will handle the pressure of being a number 1 goalie as the year goes on, and on...65 games into the season is the measuring stick for me, to see where Jaro is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
pretty sure they gave him full authority over the team, since what you are talking about was the problem prior to Burke.

Burke has too much ego to do a rebuild, he wanted to be #1 since day one; pretty sure thats his type of personality and it reflects in the 'moves' he makes.
I thought I read somewhere, he said he would do a full rebuild, and the so called bosses at MLSE said, no, just a re-tool after they had a successful pre season...then the Kessel trade...I don't think Burkie has near the autonomy he thought he would have, or he wouldn't have gotten impatient...anyhow, glad it's them, and not the Habs...

Old
11-11-2010, 05:02 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
On the main board, somebody posted a GIF from NHL 11 of the Leafs offering Kessel to the Bruins for Seguin, Knight and a 2nd and the Bruins rejecting it with the "We at the Bruins take trading very seriously. This isn't even close to fair value" quote. The topic got nuked before I could save it, does anyone have it? It was ****ing hilarious.
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=28854332&postcount=5

Epic.

Old
11-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Stradale

Apparently, Lecavalier broke his hand, out for a month.

Old
11-11-2010, 09:29 PM
MarkovsKnee

I liked the Seguin kid tonight. He's going to be a good player for the Bruins unfortunately for the Leafs and the rest of this division. Damn, and the Bruins could still get another top 5 pick from the Leafs this year.

Bruins are a real good team. There's no question about that, but they still lack overall team speed. Still, they are definite Stanley Cup contenders for at least the next 3 years maybe longer depending on how their D and goaltending situations play out. Thomas will get old, so they'll need Rask to step up at some point.

Philadelphia is my pick this year. They are better defensively than Washington with the same amount of firepower. They have way more firepower than the Bruins, and far more speed too and are just as big and tough.

Another blow-out for Philly tonight: 8-1 over the Canes.

We play the Canes next so you know they're going to be ready after getting their ***** kicked tonight. Philly on Tues. Another test against a very good team.

Old
11-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Trexim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Darn, Burke was about to trade 2 1st round and a second for him ....

Old
11-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
this is purely gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
ouch..

Closed Thread