HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This one will last a lifetime !!!

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2004, 08:47 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
This one will last a lifetime !!!

It seems like the last 7 years has been a lifetime, but hell, what a great year '94 was.

Happy Anniversary fellow Broadway Blueshirt fans

Old
06-14-2004, 08:55 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
It seems like the last 7 years has been a lifetime, but hell, what a great year '94 was.

Happy Anniversary fellow Broadway Blueshirt fans
What a great day that was.

I was a senior in highschool. I had been accepted to college since January and was coasting out the remainder of 12th grade. Some buddies and I cut afternoon classes and drove up to Westechester and played golf. On the way home, we were in line at the toll for the Henry Hudson bridge. I looked over and saw Mike Lupica in the car next to us. I rolled down the window and asked Mike if he thought the Rangers would win. He said, "put money on it."

I watched the game with some friends and then called my father when they finally won and we cried on the phone together because he had never seen the Rangers win the Cup either. A couple of days later, I graduated from high school and, of course, I attended the parade through the Canyon of Heroes. What a very special time that was.

Old
06-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Fletch

Happy Flag Day all....

man, that is one week I will remember for a looong time....from losing in Vancouver the previous Saturday, from the Knicks winning the previous Friday and my roommate running through a glass apartment door that night requiring 115 stitches to his tricep, to the win on Tuesday while watching the game in a packed bar called U2's, crammed in with about 75 Rangers fans (most not converted, but actual fans), which is now a hole in the ground...to the parade on Friday...to O.J taking off in a Bronco that Friday...to the Knicks losing on a John Starks three point attempt that Friday night at home in game 6 up 3-2 (going for the win at the buzzer). What a week in New York...

Oh well...that's well behind us now...having fun's overrated.

Old
06-14-2004, 09:23 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
What a great day that was.

I was a senior in highschool. I had been accepted to college since January and was coasting out the remainder of 12th grade. Some buddies and I cut afternoon classes and drove up to Westechester and played golf. On the way home, we were in line at the toll for the Henry Hudson bridge. I looked over and saw Mike Lupica in the car next to us. I rolled down the window and asked Mike if he thought the Rangers would win. He said, "put money on it."

I watched the game with some friends and then called my father when they finally won and we cried on the phone together because he had never seen the Rangers win the Cup either. A couple of days later, I graduated from high school and, of course, I attended the parade through the Canyon of Heroes. What a very special time that was.
I was on vacation in Ocean City, MD. Watched the game in a hotel room on the boardwalk with a 20 people crowd on a 25 inch screen. When the Cup was ours, i drank a bottle of cheap champagne, hit the boardwalk wearing my Jersey and got many a hug and kiss from many a lady offering me congratulations

I called my Dad on a payphone and i think we both were on the verge of tears as well. He had been waiting for a Cup since 1955, the first year he attended a game, in the old obstructed view seats.

That summer i moved back to NYC and everywhere i went i saw Ranger jersey's, hats, banners, etc. In the park there were massive roller hockey games always going on. MSG ran the Devs & Canucks games every other day it seemed like, but didn't matter, me and my friends would watch the tape on a loop.

Great time indeed.

Old
06-14-2004, 09:26 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
man, that is one week I will remember for a looong time....from losing in Vancouver the previous Saturday, from the Knicks winning the previous Friday and my roommate running through a glass apartment door that night requiring 115 stitches to his tricep, to the win on Tuesday while watching the game in a packed bar called U2's, crammed in with about 75 Rangers fans (most not converted, but actual fans), which is now a hole in the ground...to the parade on Friday...to O.J taking off in a Bronco that Friday...to the Knicks losing on a John Starks three point attempt that Friday night at home in game 6 up 3-2 (going for the win at the buzzer). What a week in New York...

Oh well...that's well behind us now...having fun's overrated.
'having fun's overrated' :lol

That was such a weird time in NYC. World Cup Soccer was at the Meadowlands that week as well - i never saw so many people in NYC than there was that Summer.

Old
06-14-2004, 09:28 AM
Jackson Ranger

An amazing night/game/experience/result. I had purchased a bottle of Dom Perignon on a business trip to France in early January (in anticipation of that moment) and popped that baby when the final buzzer went off. Talk about savoring the moment!

And the parade was an awesome sight. They were running a special ferry service from Atlantic Highlands in NJ to downtown NY. Talk about a beautiful day (with lots of beers). And over a million people
celebrating.

What a day, what a week, what a team!!! Thanks again to the 1993-1994 team!

Old
06-14-2004, 10:15 AM
Ocelot

Yeah 94 seems like yesterday. But the funny thing is 97 seems like a long long time ago.

Old
06-14-2004, 10:22 AM
deathbear

as a canucks fan, that was a terrible day for me. regardless, that's gotta be the best stanley cup final i've ever seen. ofcourse i'm bias and all, but still.

Old
06-14-2004, 01:23 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbear
as a canucks fan, that was a terrible day for me. regardless, that's gotta be the best stanley cup final i've ever seen. ofcourse i'm bias and all, but still.
definitely the best finals ever seen, call me biased but i think it was just that good. 94 was such a good hockey year.

Old
06-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Fletch

Amazingly enough...

after that seventh game, we didn't know when we'll next see hockey. But not just the series was awesome, but many of the series that were played. Vancouver scratched and clawed its way through OT after OT. The Rangers/Devils series was a thing of beauty. It was a fun time...

Old
06-14-2004, 01:34 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
after that seventh game, we didn't know when we'll next see hockey. But not just the series was awesome, but many of the series that were played. Vancouver scratched and clawed its way through OT after OT. The Rangers/Devils series was a thing of beauty. It was a fun time...
Also, San Jose beating #1 seed in the West Detroit in a GREAT 7 game series. Larionov & Irbe were spectacular.

Closed Thread