HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who has stepped up or down with the injuries..

Old
10-25-2010, 10:41 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
Frolov will eventually turn it around

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Just a few thoughts from an old timer...The last 3 Ranger games have been a treat for this long time fan because they played like a TEAM and worked hard . I really like watching AA go to the net with the puck...that's a great trait I hope continues .
If we could just add a guy like Bieska... life in front of Hank would get a whole lot better . He is nasty and other teams know that .Nobody is scared of any of our guys on defense and it is just a matter of time before Hank gets laid out by some jerk . Get Bieska and keep up the great work and we just might find ourselves in the Playoffs...look what Halak did in Montreal last Spring...it's not impossible !
One other thing I notice a lot is that other teams cover our points like crazy on the PP which makes it almost impossible to blast away . It takes FOREVER for any Dman to shoot ! Somehow they are going to have to find a way to get a point man open faster or else get the puck down low and break down the PK guys box. Our PP could be a lot better...Sather should be looking for some new blood to fix the PP coaching aspect on our team .

Keep up the great discussions guys and gals...I enjoy them all .
Bieska is the Canucks version of Rosy for its fanbase. He's been getting booed on a nightly basis.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 01:58 AM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
What is the obsession of putting each player individually under the microscope? The team has stepped it up. No one individual skater on this team is solely responsible for the success. Even the goal tending has been on 2 guys. The team as a whole is why they are winning. Every player has done gotten it done.
I agree. Ever since Torts called that timeout early against the Avs, the Rangers have won every period since then. That takes a total team commitment. They have played a full 60 minutes the last 3 games, and I salute them. Winning 3 in 4 nights, is no small feat. Colorado is a very fast western team. And Toronto's speed, the game before, gave us problems. Yet we found a way to neutralized the fast teams like COL n TOR. And even though we lost to Colorado, I think that was the turning point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkerZ View Post
Is it me or does the Fro try way to many wrap arounds
I have to wonder if he has anything else in his repertoire.

On to the subject at hand....

Dubi's confidence is exploding. No doubt playing with Cally n Arty has helped.
Staal is growing even larger each n every game. What a game winner the other night, but his D has been,.. even more outstanding.
Girardi continues to show his worth.
Rozy's point shot has become a lethal weapon.
Christensen has become our best defensive center. Sorry AA.
AA been playing well all year,... so no real step up here.
Stepan is also playing well defensively, but I expected a little more step up offensively.
Avery has been, well,... Avery.
Same for Cally.
Frolov no doubt is missing Gabby the most, along with EC.
Prust is great, but doesn't belong with Frolly n EC.
Boyle has been stepping up on the PK, along the boards, everywhere he plays.

Outlook>> I'm afraid it does not look as good as I thought. We have not scored more than 3 goals in the last 5 games. We are playing well defensively though, and do have 2 top netminders, but I don't see us improving much in scoring. Even when Gabby comes back, I don't see a huge explosion in goals scored. We should hold our own, but seems like scoring will still be a problem.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Dubi and Cally for sure. Dubi draws at least 2 or 3 penalties per game with his body work down low, the way he's been protecting the puck, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Rozi has stepped up... Girardi at times as well.

Avery and Prust have been very energetic.
Agree 100%...and not to beat a dead horse, but that physical aspect he brings can wear down a defense. Physical not in the sense that he drops the mitts...but Physical as he uses his size out out muscle the opposition. Like you said, protecting the puck drawing penalties etc. On top of that, he sets up his teammates at least 3 or 4 times a game on good scoring opportunities. This, plus the age factor and cap hit are why I get disgusted when i see his name in trade proposals.

Cally get some major props also. The work ethic is just Adam Graves like.

Boyle <--I actually counted this guy out, seeing him as a player that just doesn't fit. He is far better, and if he continues to play physical he needs to stick around.

Henrik has been awesome in the last 2.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 08:50 AM
mullichicken25

boyle is not the same boyle from last year

if it wasnt for the obvious gigantic goofy frame i'd be convinced someone else is whereing his jersey

the guy is playing every shift like its his last chance...gotta love it

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 09:37 AM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkerZ View Post
It means that he doesn't lift his head to look for a teammate breaking into the slot he tried 4 times the game vs the Bruins. He opted to take a wrap around shot when there where better options
That's fair. I haven't noticed him passing on any quality scoring chances for the sake of a wrap around. But some of the few that he has created were on wrap arounds.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 11:02 AM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
Outlook>> I'm afraid it does not look as good as I thought. We have not scored more than 3 goals in the last 5 games. We are playing well defensively though, and do have 2 top netminders, but I don't see us improving much in scoring. Even when Gabby comes back, I don't see a huge explosion in goals scored. We should hold our own, but seems like scoring will still be a problem.
Although I don't think the Rangers will be an upper echelon team in regards to scoring (I hope they prove me wrong), AT LEAST they've been consistent other than the Colorado game. This was accomplished despite all the top end players missing from our lineup, which to me is pretty impressive. Facts alone say that the Rangers are 4th in the NHL in GFA with 3.1 so far. Sorry, can't agree with your statement...

http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/_/name/nyr/new-york-rangers

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 11:36 PM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
Although I don't think the Rangers will be an upper echelon team in regards to scoring (I hope they prove me wrong), AT LEAST they've been consistent other than the Colorado game. This was accomplished despite all the top end players missing from our lineup, which to me is pretty impressive. Facts alone say that the Rangers are 4th in the NHL in GFA with 3.1 so far. Sorry, can't agree with your statement...

http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/_/name/nyr/new-york-rangers
I'm hoping I'm wrong too. But the fact also remains we have scored 3 or less goals in 5 of the 7 games played. Be that it may put us in 4th place at the moment doesn't make me any more confident in our scoring. Our PP while not looking too bad, has not been cashing in enough. There needs to be some urgency on the PP, which I don't see. Infact, don't see much urgency on the PP with any team. They should treat every PP like it was the last 2 minutes of the game. Winning in the NHL these days, relies more and more on the special teams. 2 out of 3, of our losses, can be directly blamed on our failed PP chances. (0 for 10 combined).

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 01:58 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

White can be flushed down the toilet and I wouldn't care.

Boyle has been hit and miss and so has been EC, both have contracts that are good as stop gaps so they're worth keeping, White is trash, waive him and bring up a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I think Prust has been very good.
I absolutely love Prust!!!!!! He's Hollweg with a brain...only better.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote