HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton - Ottawa

Old
10-25-2010, 02:36 PM
MoreGore

vCash: 500
Edmonton - Ottawa

Karlsson for Eberle

Edmonton needs defensemen, Ottawa needs a scorer. Seems like a reasonable match.

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched

vCash: 1127
Oh boy... here we go.

Flames Fanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 02:40 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post
Karlsson for Eberle

Edmonton needs defensemen, Ottawa needs a scorer. Seems like a reasonable match.

Oilers say no.

While the oilers are looking for a d-man--to get eberle---they would ask for a d-man that can blow the doors off the opposition and or is the stud of the d.

Karlsson is a bit on the small side

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Pyke*

Senators say no.

I like Eberle, but Karlsson is a gifted puck mover and something the team hasn't had for years.

#1 defensemen > #1 winger. It's an easy choice.

EDIT: Also, I find it amusing an Oilers fan saying Karlsson is on the small side. What is Eberle? A giant? Eberle is 6'0 / 185, Karlsson is (perhaps generously) listed as 6'0 / 175.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Oilers say no.

While the oilers are looking for a d-man--to get eberle---they would ask for a d-man that can blow the doors off the opposition and or is the stud of the d.

Karlsson is a bit on the small side

eberle is a monster so yah i see what you mean

Predsrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 02:45 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
eberle is a monster so yah i see what you mean

we are talking about d-man vs a forward

I don't like 5-11 d-men who are supposed to be the goto guy.

Eberle is a forward and small forward in the NHL do succed.

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Akonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
we are talking about d-man vs a forward

I don't like 5-11 d-men who are supposed to be the goto guy.

Eberle is a forward and small forward in the NHL do succed.
Karlsson is 4 cm shorter than Duncan Keith.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonite View Post
Karlsson is 4 cm shorter than Duncan Keith.
Little known fact: That 4 cm contains all of the skill that separates "Elite defenseman" from "Guy not worth a bag of pucks."...

Second little known fact: The 2% difference in height amounts to an automatic 100% difference in skill level. This is why the Oilers are consistently trying to trade for Derek Boogard.

Old
10-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Senasnore

Karlsson for MPS. Fair deal. Sens have Rundlbad and Weircoch coming to replace. We need a good forward with speed.

Senasnore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Dick Whitman

Eberle looks pretty good at times but Karlsson is going to be a huge piece of the Sens' future. No way do they consider trading Karlsson because he is more or less what we need. Young, gifted, offensive dman.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 02:55 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senasnore View Post
Karlsson for MPS. Fair deal. Sens have Rundlbad and Weircoch coming to replace. We need a good forward with speed.
But I thought Murray wanted Cowen all along?

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senasnore View Post
Sigh. Stupid proposal. I realize you're trying to get the player you have a hard on for, but I've never understood the logic of acquiring Cogliano lite.

MPS has proven nothing at the NHL level as of yet. He has 1 goal and 1 assist in 6 games. Karlsson (for those keeping score) has 1 goal and 2 assists in 8, and has widely regarded to be *struggling*. Why would you give up an elite 19 year old defenseman for a 3rd liner?

Hall and Eberle are outstanding talents. I would hate to give up Karlsson, but at least I understand the LOGIC behind that kind of deal. You give up a stud defenseman for a stud winger. Fair enough.

Your proposal boggles the mind though; particularly since less than a year ago, the Senators TURNED DOWN the possibility of drafting MPS, despite an ORGANIZATIONAL NEED for elite forwards and an OUTSTANDING SWEDISH SCOUT.

Could he be wrong? Sure. Do you think it's likely they'd give up their stud #1 d-man to find out? I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
But I thought Murray wanted Cowen all along?
Murray did. Sadly some Senators posters are less informed than might be desirable.

Old
10-25-2010, 02:58 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Sigh. Stupid proposal. I realize you're trying to get the player you have a hard on for, but I've never understood the logic of acquiring Cogliano lite.

MPS has proven nothing at the NHL level as of yet. He has 1 goal and 1 assist in 6 games. Karlsson (for those keeping score) has 1 goal and 2 assists in 8, and has widely regarded to be *struggling*. Why would you give up an elite 19 year old defenseman for a 3rd liner?

Hall and Eberle are outstanding talents. I would hate to give up Karlsson, but at least I understand the LOGIC behind that kind of deal. You give up a stud defenseman for a stud winger. Fair enough.

Your proposal boggles the mind though; particularly since less than a year ago, the Senators TURNED DOWN the possibility of drafting MPS, despite an ORGANIZATIONAL NEED for elite forwards and an OUTSTANDING SWEDISH SCOUT.

Could he be wrong? Sure. Do you think it's likely they'd give up their stud #1 d-man to find out? I don't.
Wait Karlsson is being labeled as a young stud #1 d-man but MPS is a 3rd liner at best?

Old
10-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Wheatking

Quote:

Murray did. Sadly some Senators posters are less informed than might be desirable.
Like Karlsson more than MPS if you want but comments like this are just bordering on trolling. Why try and provoke Oilers fans?

It's hilarious that you would rather have Eberle over MPS. That just shows how little you know about the Oilers prospects.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Wait Karlsson is being labeled as a young stud #1 d-man but MPS is a 3rd liner at best?
I'm simply calling it the way I see it. Karlsson has proved something in the NHL, and last season was easily the Senators best d-man down the stretch. He can change the pace of the game. He's proved more than MPS has.

Beyond that fact, while I admit it's possible MPS becomes a 1st line player, I don't believe it's as certain, and therefore, I don't believe a deal makes sense.

Finally, I credited Hall and Eberle already, I don't feel like it's unreasonable to dislike 1 of a team's prospects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Like Karlsson more than MPS if you want but comments like this are just bordering on trolling. Why try and provoke Oilers fans?
I love how stating an opinion is trolling. Did you miss the third paragraph where I spoke highly about 2 other Oiler prospects?

Old
10-25-2010, 03:01 PM
LGSens

Karlsson is taller than Eberle, though Eberle's body type will allow for more weight to be gained.
Fair trade, if Edmonton has complete faith in MSP developing at a high rate. Otherwise, can Edmonton really afford to move Eberle?

LGSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
I'm simply calling it the way I see it. Karlsson has proved something in the NHL, and last season was easily the Senators best d-man down the stretch. He can change the pace of the game. He's proved more than MPS has.

Beyond that fact, while I admit it's possible MPS becomes a 1st line player, I don't believe it's as certain, and therefore, I don't believe a deal makes sense.

Finally, I credited Hall and Eberle already, I don't feel like it's unreasonable to dislike 1 of a team's prospects.

I love how stating an opinion is trolling. Did you miss the third paragraph where I spoke highly about 2 other Oiler prospects?
Saying your prospect is elite while our prospect is nothing more than a 3rd liner is going to get a rise out of Oilers fans. Either you're trolling or just incredibly uneducated on the Oilers situation. There is logic behind an Eberle trade but not MPS?....MPS is a better prospect than Eberle.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Senasnore

Quote:

Karlsson is liable to cost you more goals than he scores in the long run. The way the opposition blows by him and takes up real estate in front of our net with no pushback from him makes him a less desirale asset than you think. BTW, I only get aroused when thinking of the opposite sex - i am not a hockey freak like you

Old
10-25-2010, 03:07 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
I respect you're opinion but MPS was also capable of dominating games, unbelievable hands and drive to the net.

Quote:
Karlsson is a certain #1 D-Man than? Ok.

Quote:
MPS is the better player than Eberle at the moment, coming from fans who watch both players.

Old
10-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Akonite

Quote:

Neither do I, but please provide a reason why.

Crediting his lack of points seems useless if you consider that Hall has fewer points and that 6 games is an incredibly small window for judgement.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Senasnore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonite View Post
Neither do I, but please provide a reason why.

Crediting his lack of points seems useless if you consider that Hall has fewer points and that 6 games is an incredibly small window for judgement.
This...

Old
10-25-2010, 03:12 PM
trobby

At least it's not another Spezza proposal...

trobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 03:18 PM
McGhostbuster
Who ya gonna call?

vCash: 50
Counter

Hemsky+Peckham
for
Kovalev+Cowen+1st

McGhostbuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 03:27 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Sens say no.

I can't stop laughing at all the Sens fans who are willing to just trade away Karlsson now.

It shows the real fans from the fake ones. Well done.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 03:27 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobby View Post
At least it's not another Spezza proposal...
Even worse, imo.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote