HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brad Boyes

Old
10-29-2010, 12:58 PM
AlMo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Ian Cole and Brad Boyes for Brad Richards?
Terrible for the Stars. I think they can do a lot better than Boyes if the decided to trade Richards. Look at what NJ gave up for Ilya last season.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 01:01 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo0705 View Post
Boyes to Cgy for Nemisz + 2nd + Hagman
Quite a price for Calgary but it hasn't stopped Sutter before.

In all seriousness, this is too much from Calgary. Hagman has put up better numbers recently and plays a better all round game, Nemisz is a highly touted prospect and the 2nd has decent value.

Nemisz and a 2nd is already quite a stretch for Boyes.

Old
10-29-2010, 01:01 PM
pspot

if you look at his stats his shooting % has been the issue over the last year, everything is pretty consistent to his previous seasons. Once the puck starts going in at his normal rate he's fine

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Terrible for the Stars. I think they can do a lot better than Boyes if the decided to trade Richards. Look at what NJ gave up for Ilya last season.
I didn't think it was that bad. As someone said, Boyes would fetch a decent prospect or a late 1st. Ian Cole is worth plenty. Both fill a need.2nd line competent offensive threat, RW, RH and highly touted top pair upside D-man.

I've seen:

Cole will not be moved.
And terrible for Dallas.

The centerpiece isn't Brad Boyes, it's Ian Cole.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 01:46 PM
AlMo

Quote:
I didn't think it was that bad. As someone said, Boyes would fetch a decent prospect or a late 1st. Ian Cole is worth plenty. Both fill a need.2nd line competent offensive threat, RW, RH and highly touted top pair upside D-man.

I've seen:

Cole will not be moved.
And terrible for Dallas.

The centerpiece isn't Brad Boyes, it's Ian Cole.
Ian Cole is a good prospect but I think the Stars can do better. Richards will be the most sought after player from now until the trade deadline, thats if the Stars decide to deal him. The Devils gave up a rookie 20 goal scorer, a top 4 dman in Oduya, a highly touted prospect in Cormier and a draft pick. Richards might fetch a package equal to that. IMO, if I'm making a run at the Cup, I take a former Conn Smythe winner anyday.

If the Blues want Richards, I see the name Pietrangelo bouncing around

Old
10-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Ian Cole is a good prospect but I think the Stars can do better. Richards will be the most sought after player from now until the trade deadline, thats if the Stars decide to deal him. The Devils gave up a rookie 20 goal scorer, a top 4 dman in Oduya, a highly touted prospect in Cormier and a draft pick. Richards might fetch a package equal to that. IMO, if I'm making a run at the Cup, I take a former Conn Smythe winner anyday.

I'd take Boyes (top 6 winger), Cole (really nice prospect), and Oshie or Berglund (top 6 projected guys who haven't put it all together yet), I suppose, if you're trying to force more on us.

Old
10-29-2010, 03:08 PM
PietroOshieLo*

Quote:
I'd take Boyes (top 6 winger), Cole (really nice prospect), and Oshie or Berglund (top 6 projected guys who haven't put it all together yet), I suppose, if you're trying to force more on us.
So basically Boyes, Cole, and Oshie (or Berglund) for Richards?
Name one person who does that deal from a Blues perspective. One person.

PietroOshieLo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 04:39 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:

Pietrangelo has been the Blues best defensemen so far this season. He wont be traded anytime soon unless an amazing deal comes along. Out of his draft class he was considered to have the most raw potential to be the best defensemen of the bunch. He was also considered more of a project that may not reach his potential. Thus far he seems to be on his way to reaching that potential.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 04:41 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PietroOshieLo View Post
So basically Boyes, Cole, and Oshie (or Berglund) for Richards?
Name one person who does that deal from a Blues perspective. One person.
He didn't really mean it if you read his other posts he would consider taking Boyes and Cole for Richards.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Pietrangelo has been the Blues best defensemen so far this season.
He really hasn't...and yet I'm seeing this pop up more and more.

Fact: EJ is logging 3 1/2 minutes more per game than Petro...despite the fact that Petro has lead in ice time recently. The difference comes in special teams play, as EJ leads at even strength.

Fact: Despite Petro getting more power-play time, he has yet to record a power-play point, while EJ has 2 points in much less time.

Fact: Erik Johnson has been getting the assignment to match up against the other team's top lines...while Pietrangelo has been put in much easier defensive situations.

Don't get me wrong, Petro has been very impressive...but people are getting a little carried away with talking about how good he's been. He certainly looks poised & impressive and a clear offensive threat. But if you give EJ Petro's assignments and vice-versa...the disparity in play between the two would be much more evident.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
He didn't really mean it if you read his other posts he would consider taking Boyes and Cole for Richards.
I sort of meant it, was sort of hoping for a bit of a bargaining on that last piece if you honestly think we're getting burned for Boyes & Cole....

I consider Boyes & Cole to be worth more than Garbage-ovski, Gunnarson, a Leafs' 2nd rounder (as much as I love early 2nds) and a 6.5 level prospect.

I could've said, well, how about Sonne? But he's not really the piece I'd want, as I'd like something that could step in now. I said Oshie/Berglund because we could use a younger top 6 center-type.

Jokinen, Smith, Halpern and a 4th for Richards and Holmqvist. Holmqvist was a throw in, Jokinen was a young top 6er, Smith had #1 potential, and Halpern was the effective bottom 6 veteran, for at the time, a slumping Richards.

Boyes is the inconsistent top 6 winger, Cole is a pretty nice D prospect with good potential, and Berglund/Oshie are both up and coming top 6 wingers, for at the time, a rebounding Richards.

Kovy got a top 4 D-man, a rookie 20 goal scorer, a maligned but good prospect, and a 1st rounder... And Kovy doesn't have the hardware Richards has... And I doubt Richards wants a bazillion year contract with a bazillion dollars.

I really wouldn't mind adding something not named Neal, Benn, or Eriksson to the mix if you're completely put off by my inclusion of Berglund/Oshie. Wandell? Daley? Robidas? A ubiquitous 2nd round pick? A depth prospect?

I don't think I'd want Petey, he's got too much value. Cole doesn't have that level of value yet, as he hasn't jumped into the NHL yet.

e: Sorry for the derail, I'll go back to talking about Boyes' worth. I would agree that he is worth a mid to late first or NHL ready top-9 or top 5 D prospect.

Last edited by Frozen Failure: 10-29-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old
10-30-2010, 03:02 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo0705 View Post
Boyes to Cgy for Nemisz + 2nd + Hagman
Not a chance, I would be reluctant to trade Hagman straight up for Boyes at this moment.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote