HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LeBron Rising

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2010, 11:57 AM
macattack11

vCash: 500
LeBron Rising

Hey has anyone seen the new Lebron commercial, heard its pretty good. Nike always seems to help guys with some rep issues (ie. Tiger) If any of u guys have the link please post it. Thx

Old
10-26-2010, 11:58 AM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=lebron+james+rise
Choose the youtube one.

And they aren't "trying to help guys with rep issues", they are protecting their investments of millions of dollars into these guys that they have made over the years.

Old
10-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Connell McWilson
Oilers & Seahawks

***** Lebron

Old
10-26-2010, 12:30 PM
macattack11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Jagr View Post
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=lebron+james+rise
Choose the youtube one.

And they aren't "trying to help guys with rep issues", they are protecting their investments of millions of dollars into these guys that they have made over the years.
I dont agree considering James' merchandise is selling as high as ever and they let Maverick Carter have input on directing the commercial, so they are letting James show his side and how stupid his criticism has been, if Nike wanted to protect thier investment they would have have him stand there and say "sorry". Thier investment will return when LeBron win's his chips and everyone stops whining. As we all know winning helps any bad rep no matter what the case in pro sports.

Old
10-26-2010, 01:15 PM
4th_Liner

Old
10-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 50
can this go into the NBA thread so there is less basketball and more hockey?

Old
10-26-2010, 03:03 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by macattack11 View Post
As we all know winning helps any bad rep no matter what the case in pro sports.
which just makes sport fans ******** for letting people who are pieces of trash walk above everyone else while you throw money at them. kind of like the rest of rich people (celebs, whatever) and politicians.

i think a succinct lyric goes, "when archaeologists dig this up they'll either laugh or cry"

Old
10-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Philly85
Raps'

D Wade's new commercial is mint. Lebron's is just dumb.

Old
10-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
D Wade's new commercial is mint. Lebron's is just dumb.

Are you kidding me? I was laughing through that entire commercial.

Lebrons actually had a point. WTF was that with Wade? Even the ending tagline was ********. Anyways I was reading Bill Simmons column a few days ago(big fan) and I have a feeling that Lebron based the idea of his commercial off of a conversation he had with AI. I wouldn't be surprised if this was his own idea.

Old
10-26-2010, 05:51 PM
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

vCash: 0
I hope he will never win any champions or anything

Old
10-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Auguste McEscoffier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
can this go into the NBA thread so there is less basketball and more hockey?
Prly nawt

Old
10-26-2010, 05:57 PM
alanschu

I was a huge LeBron fan until he decided to be dumb. Compounded so when he later said he felt a lot of the criticism he was receiving was because he was black.

Old
10-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Philly85
Raps'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay View Post

Are you kidding me? I was laughing through that entire commercial.

Lebrons actually had a point. WTF was that with Wade? Even the ending tagline was ********. Anyways I was reading Bill Simmons column a few days ago(big fan) and I have a feeling that Lebron based the idea of his commercial off of a conversation he had with AI. I wouldn't be surprised if this was his own idea.
Lets clarify here. And I really didn't want to do this to waste my time. First off this isn't hockey. Secondly...

Lebron is an idiot, this new commercial of his trying to get some sort of a point across is contrived and ostentacious. He cares too much what people think and is a villain now no matter what. It's another ego-overdrive type of stunt from Lebron and if it's indeed just him trying to do damage control - for something as stupid or trivial as him leaving Cleveland (which is a dump by the way, the sooner he left the better) - then it makes this even more embarrassing. Everyone knows he's made mistakes, mostly with that stupid "The Decision" debacle.

Throughout the history of the NBA, the best ads have been the less serious, more fun and zany ones. Dwayne Wade has nothing to worry bout, stayed in Miami and got 2 of the best players in the league to join him. He is well liked around the league, has won a championship and continues to do funny commercials. I like his commercial better because he takes things less seriously and its clear he's in a positive space and has done good by his employers.

These stern and reflective Nike ads are embarrassing.

Old
10-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
I was a huge LeBron fan until he decided to be dumb. Compounded so when he later said he felt a lot of the criticism he was receiving was because he was black.
I think that's what the commercial is saying, Lebron doesn't care. All the people who went from being a fan to despising him did it because they wanted him to fit their pre-conceived idea of what he was. Did he handle it poorly? Yeah, he did but the hate that ensued was pretty ridiculous. Especially from outside of Cleveland. Cleveland was a garbage team. He probably could've won 1 or 2 championships there but no more than that.
Quote:
Lets clarify here. And I really didn't want to do this to waste my time. First off this isn't hockey. Secondly...

Lebron is an idiot, this new commercial of his trying to get some sort of a point across is contrived and ostentacious. He cares too much what people think and is a villain now no matter what. It's another ego-overdrive type of stunt from Lebron and if it's indeed just him trying to do damage control - for something as stupid or trivial as him leaving Cleveland (which is a dump by the way, the sooner he left the better) - then it makes this even more embarrassing. Everyone knows he's made mistakes, mostly with that stupid "The Decision" debacle.

Throughout the history of the NBA, the best ads have been the less serious, more fun and zany ones. Dwayne Wade has nothing to worry bout, stayed in Miami and got 2 of the best players in the league to join him. He is well liked around the league, has won a championship and continues to do funny commercials. I like his commercial better because he takes things less seriously and its clear he's in a positive space and has done good by his employers.

These stern and reflective Nike ads are embarrassing.
Disagree, loved the "there will only be one" commercials and especially the "where amazing happens" tagline . This commercial was also for a special purpose. I don't think it had anything to do with repairing his image. I think it was more "I don't care" basically a big FU to all the haters.

BTW the muppet ads are horrible if that's what you were talking about.

Last edited by Tavaresmagicalplay*: 10-26-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old
10-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Philly85
Raps'

I've been watching and playing basketball since I was 5 years old. I've been an avid fan through the 90's and 2000's, it's my #1 sport and I watch the NBA and college basketball as much if not more than hockey. I know what I'm talking about. Recently the NBA may have come out with a few more serious playoff promos but it still ain't **** compared to the historical trend, at least with the superstar individual players in the league. Jordan, Magic, Kobe, Shaq, Malone etc. etc., I could go on forever, but the happier and lighter the tone of their ads, the bigger the fanbase they've grown, the bigger they become internationally. That's a simple fact.

As for the "Where Amazing Happens" '...elevating the NBA' as you claim, haha, okay buddy whatever you say...

Lebron is an idiot for doing these ads. Then again he never was the sharpest tool in the shed.

Old
10-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Lebron is an idiot for doing these ads. Then again he never was the sharpest tool in the shed.
An idiot? Whys that?

Old
10-26-2010, 07:57 PM
alanschu

Quote:
I think that's what the commercial is saying, Lebron doesn't care. All the people who went from being a fan to despising him did it because they wanted him to fit their pre-conceived idea of what he was. Did he handle it poorly? Yeah, he did but the hate that ensued was pretty ridiculous. Especially from outside of Cleveland. Cleveland was a garbage team. He probably could've won 1 or 2 championships there but no more than that.
I do not care at all that he left Cleveland. It's his perogative. He probably could have won more championships there if he wanted to though. We'll never know though.

Quote:
An idiot? Whys that?
The moment he started publicly saying he was being targeted because he was black really makes me believe he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

A lot of pro athletes are full of themselves, and I understand that. I'm a huge Jordan fan and the guy was a cocky *******. He still understood he was an ambassador of the game and was well spoken and idolized. In spite of the fact he was black.

Old
10-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
The moment he started publicly saying he was being targeted because he was black really makes me believe he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

A lot of pro athletes are full of themselves, and I understand that. I'm a huge Jordan fan and the guy was a cocky *******. He still understood he was an ambassador of the game and was well spoken and idolized. In spite of the fact he was black.
People need to get over that and not just you my brother gave me this crap too. This guy is just saying what he's feeling. If he's hearing racist remarks or feel he's being victimized because of that you can't tell him to shut up whether you think he's wrong or not and it's pretty ridiculous to lose any respect for anybody just because that "play the race card" that everybody hates so much.

You can't really compare the two as they were in two different eras. Also don't you think Jordan being an avid gambler was a black mark on his reputation? I mean theres conspiracy theorists out there who think that Jordans first retirement was really just a year long suspension. He didn't think about that when he was the face of the league. Yes he was very smart about how he handled his image. Probably more so than Lebron but that doesn't mean he was a shining example of how to be a role model.

Old
10-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Forget about it.

closed

Closed Thread