HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

How many games did we have to go....

Old
10-24-2010, 06:41 PM
MattPreds37

vCash: 500
How many games did we have to go....

How many games are we going to have get points in before we get any recognition from the NHL at all? Pekka Rinne has a 30 save gem vs. a team that hadnt scored less than 3 goals in any of their first 6 games and 1st in their division, yet we dont get any mention on the front page of NHL.com at all, yet there was about 6 stories on the capitals... pathetic.

MattPreds37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
When we have our first regular season loss you can bet it will be top news on NHL, TSN, and the Tennessean. I remember a few years ago, the first time I heard one single story about the preds on NHL.com was when we had our first loss.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 06:55 PM
OpenWheel

IF the Preds beat the Lightning today I just hope I don't see Preds fans starting threads on the main board about the games with at least a point strreak. Seems every time we have some sort of streak someone feels compelled to post a "don't look now but the Preds are.." type thread to make sure the Preds get talked about by other teams fans. Then of course we lose the next game. It's some sort of bad mojo...

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I'd prefer NOT to be in the spot light. Seems like we always crack under pressure.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 07:22 PM
MattPreds37

I just think we could use the press, the NHL wonders why the southern teams lack atmosphere, its because they spending their time lauding Toronto and complaining about Ottawa and not talking about the predators.

Old
10-24-2010, 09:11 PM
cleangene

Let's see.....after 5 consecutive CUPS, and then a move to Hamilton or some city in Canada.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:00 PM
jcupp

This was started before the game tonight, which we won, so maybe this isn't too bad.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=833682

jcupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:11 PM
MarkMM

For what it's worth, the sports segment on Global TV (the most-watched news broadcast in British Columbia) made a point of mentioning that the Preds are tops in the league, so you're getting some shout-outs from Vancouver.

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:35 PM
hockey diva

I agree with Paranoid we always lose after getting attention.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 08:36 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

As I tell a lot of friends recognition is not needed from others. What you really need is acceptance of yourself. Accept yourself and FTW

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 08:39 AM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
As I tell a lot of friends recognition is not needed from others. What you really need is acceptance of yourself. Accept yourself and FTW
That was beautiful.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 08:57 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

We'll get recognition when we actually have a worthy run to prove we're contenders.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 09:11 AM
hatedandproud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPreds37 View Post
[B]How many games are we going to have get points in before we get any recognition from the NHL Pekka Rinne has a 30 save gem vs. a team that hadnt scored less than 3 goals in any of their first 6 games and 1st in their division, yet we dont get any mention on the front page of NHL.com at all, yet there was about 6 stories on the capitals... pathetic.
The NHL?? Hell, I'm wondering what it will take for the t********n to give the team some recognition!
Yes, the season has just started, but you would think that maybe they would mention that the team is leading the LEAGUE in points.

Maybe tomorrow........but I'm not holding my breath.

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 09:38 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

You see that? That is the chip on every Pred Fans shoulder. You can see it easily from a distance. When Jimmy Balls tried to steal the team it's like every fan got in touch with their inner FU. Balls changed you guys for the better. It's like every one took the metaphors and stories of the civil war to heart and now it's culminated to this.

I saw it with the Boston fans in 2002 when the Pats won the Super Bowl. A culture change for the better.

It's like you took a look at the Northern Haters and said to yourselves 'A 150 years ago, you Yankee ******** stole our silverware. Now it's our turn."

And how ironic, the Stanley Cup is made of Silver.....

Old
10-25-2010, 09:48 AM
MattPreds37

I agree, when we exited the playoffs last year and there was only a little blurb in the Tennessean, I was very disappointed as well. Lets make our own noise then, Lets Go Preds.

Old
10-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Never doubt the element of surprise.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 11:55 AM
WartracePred

I know i'm beating a dead horse, but...

I love the Tennessean's lead sports story, "Titans take lead in AFC South". When the Preds lead the ENTIRE LEAGUE, their only story is from the AP wire. But based on their previous "We Want Crosby" article, maybe it's best.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
I know i'm beating a dead horse, but...

I love the Tennessean's lead sports story, "Titans take lead in AFC South". When the Preds lead the ENTIRE LEAGUE, their only story is from the AP wire. But based on their previous "We Want Crosby" article, maybe it's best.
That's OK. Judging by Tom Callahan's tweet this morning it sounds as if they printed yesterday's standings too, so they likely wouldn't realize that the Preds are in fact No. 1 overall...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 12:23 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I would say the Tennessean needs a name change but Failblog has already been taken....

Old
10-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Buddy Oakes calls out the Tennessean

http://www.predsontheglass.com/2010/...ennessean.html

I've gotta say that I largely agree. I too am willing to give Josh and Bryan a pass on the Frosty/Crosby idiocy from last week since it was an honest mistake that I'm sure they've learned from, but where I disagree is the need to send someone on the road for every away game. Unfortunately in today's era that is a luxary, however...if The City Paper (David Boclair) and the Nashville Examiner (Jim Diamond) can write original content with quotes for their game recaps without having attended the game, I don't see why the Tennessean subjects us to neutral AP coverage!!!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 01:20 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Buddy Oakes calls out the Tennessean

http://www.predsontheglass.com/2010/...ennessean.html

I've gotta say that I largely agree. I too am willing to give Josh and Bryan a pass on the Frosty/Crosby idiocy from last week since it was an honest mistake that I'm sure they've learned from, but where I disagree is the need to send someone on the road for every away game. Unfortunately in today's era that is a luxary, however...if The City Paper (David Boclair) and the Nashville Examiner (Jim Diamond) can write original content with quotes for their game recaps without having attended the game, I don't see why the Tennessean subjects us to neutral AP coverage!!!
Have they not sent Josh on any of the trips? In past, media reporters have gotten a free ride on the plane. Only expense should be hotel and food. The team may even pay for their food. They want the media exposure as much as anyone else, as that's the only real channel to non-fans/casual-fans (outside of paying for TV ads).

As per usual, expect Pred coverage to pick up after football season ends. This will always be the case until the Preds can make some playoff noise. So, assuming we are still playing well in Janauray, I would expect increased coverage... though it's been decent so far.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 02:06 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Have they not sent Josh on any of the trips? In past, media reporters have gotten a free ride on the plane. Only expense should be hotel and food. The team may even pay for their food. They want the media exposure as much as anyone else, as that's the only real channel to non-fans/casual-fans (outside of paying for TV ads).

As per usual, expect Pred coverage to pick up after football season ends. This will always be the case until the Preds can make some playoff noise. So, assuming we are still playing well in Janauray, I would expect increased coverage... though it's been decent so far.
FWIW, no legitimate newspaper operation will allow its reporters to ride free on any trip, whether sports or political. Even when the Tennessean was covering Gore's presidential campaign (and the editor was very good friends with the Gores), the paper paid its own way. They did ride on the Gores' plane but paid a fair market value charge.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote