HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Stefan Noesen (2011, 21st overall, Ottawa; traded to Anaheim)

Old
04-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Cheli

vCash: 500
He seems like a minimal skater. Not exactly slow, not exactly lazy, but it seems like he glides a lot and tries not to skate any more than he absolutely has to. Not sure how else to describe it. I'm not saying he's a lazy player - he hustles, finishes his checks, and makes some decent offensive plays (he got off a few decent shots last night and picked up an assist). Took a bit of a bad penalty (IMO easily avoidable/fairly unnecessary) for tripping as the puck was leaving the defensive zone, which allowed Kitchener to score their opening goal.

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:02 PM
mattihp

vCash: 50
His name might be Stefan Noesen and I think he is an ice hockey player.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:17 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Really like this kid. Size, speed and compete level makes me think he is a late first round talent.

If not, some team is going to get lucky in round 2....hopefully it's my Avs.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:53 AM
hawksfan50

He's a guy who impresses me more every time I've seen him (4 times this year)..Last night vs. Erie he was TERRIFIC....I watched very closely...

He is a beast on the bords and down low ..TERRIFIC BALANCE on his skates -hard to nock off the puck -he wins board battles and not just by strength and balance but he has a TERRIFIC stick in taking away and controlling pucks once on his stick...He may be a future TAKE-AWAY leader inthe NHL as he consistently last night stripped pucks off guys on the forececk and back-check ...

HIS speed is not at the level of team-mate CZARNIK ,but that guy is one of the best in the OHL --but his speed is well-above average --plus he has a quick first step and is very agile / very quick turning ability ....

Once the puck hits his stick-it sticks--no "fumbles" or defelects over sticks as some guys have problems with.

He scored a beautiful goal by twisting through traffic and firing off a quick release snap sshot fromthe slot.

He kept seeting up guys with passes from the wing to the crease but team-mates did not convert.

This is no perimeter player - he has the skill to do things from the wall or on the rush and he will go to the net and hack away..

He's not a big hitter...his take-aways come from leaning on guys and using his strength and stick rather than hitting them to separate pucks -but he is hardly a soft player as he will bump guys at the net and challenge them...

He has good anticipation and pounces on losse pucks at the boards or at the net crease..

He does littlethings like chipping pucks out well..he doesn't fumble pucks or turn it over much...

In fact I find very few flaws in his game --and he actyally may be NHL ready from the get go because he is so effective on forecheck and back-check and on the walls...His game should translate very well to the NHL...

After seeing what I saw last night, he SHOULD be right up there as a mid-first --there is no reason to believe he would be any worse a pick than anyone else there..

SO he very well could be a RISER going from the 20's down to the mid-teens on many final rankings.. He;s there on mine already.

He did put up points in the reg season and is doing very well scoring in the playoffs-but it is ALL the other things that don't even show on the scoring that should get NHL scouts excited.

COULD you imagine him playing with Toews and Kane and being the perfect complimentary LW --helping Toews in the board battles, keeping pucks in off he forecheck and his good stick, and going to the net to help on any rebounds/ I think he would make them an even more dangerous and effective line...

In short --he is not a typical power forward only -but is a mix of some power forward and 2-way forward ...He's not going to get 50 goals like Perry does, but maybe 25 goals 45 assists,will lead team in take-aways, will dominate shifts in the o-zone from down low ....a mix of Kurri.Larmer amd Hossa --that's pretty good...

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 10:12 AM
wej20

why are you capitalising random words?

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
why are you capitalising random words?
It's his calling card. Go with the flow.

Rabid Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 01:05 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

i know he scored last night against Owen Sound other than that i know nothing

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 01:53 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

Based on hawksfan50 description on noesen, MAN I really want this guy on the leafs... Especially if he's a natural LW!

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 03:32 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

I like him a lot. Always dangerous when his on the ice, very good wrist shot. Creates a lot of opportunity. Pretty good skater after what I saw.

Not sure where he'll go. I wonder if Dallas will trade down and grab him late in the 1st round. He's from Texas and has said he would very much like to get drafted there. But I don't see him lasting to their 2nd round pick. Maybe they'll trade up in the 2nd round. But I think Dallas is gonna do whatever it takes to get him, but maybe not with their first selection.

Last edited by AwesomePanthers: 04-08-2011 at 03:37 PM.
AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 04:38 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Something like a mix between Dan Winnik and Brooks Laich?

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 08:05 AM
kdb527

Scored a great goal again last night for the whalers. All he does is produce. There is no reason why he should not be mentioned in the same breath as Saad, Biggs, Puempel and some of the other big forwards in the draft. He has a big frame, and when he fills out and puts on another 15 pounds of muscle he is going to be an absolute horse for some team.

kdb527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 09:34 AM
shotandagoal

I continue to be amazed that Noesen still gets overlooked on these mock drafts. Comparing the reports and statistics against other big OHL forwards, he should be mentioned in the same breath as Saad, Jenner, Scheifele, Jensen and Puempel. You even see his teammate Rakell consistently listed before him, which is crazy if you watched the whalers all year. What is keeping him out of the first round conversations? His negatives seem fewer than some of the previously mentioned forwards

shotandagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 09:41 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotandagoal View Post
I continue to be amazed that Noesen still gets overlooked on these mock drafts. Comparing the reports and statistics against other big OHL forwards, he should be mentioned in the same breath as Saad, Jenner, Scheifele, Jensen and Puempel. You even see his teammate Rakell consistently listed before him, which is crazy if you watched the whalers all year. What is keeping him out of the first round conversations? His negatives seem fewer than some of the previously mentioned forwards
I have him as a first round talent myself. I'm hoping the Maple Leafs can nab him with one of the picks if they don't move up.

He's going to be a face/go-to player for Plymouth next season with their OA's moving on.

John-Eric Iannicello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 03:56 PM
KeepTheTallGuy
Leif van Sock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post

KeepTheTallGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Ibrahim
I Am A God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
How's his stamina?

Ibrahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 04:48 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
Plymouth head coach Mike Vellucci
“The bigger the game, the better he plays. He plays big in the big games and there's not a lot of guys like that. (Noesen's) hands are phenomenal, he works on them constantly. His scoring and his playmaking are two areas that we rely on the most. He has a very high hockey I.Q. He wants to be in that pressure-cooker moment where he is relied upon. He actually looks forward to it. When the game is on the line, he wants to be involved. He is the ultimate competitor."
Can you say CLUTCH....I love rambunctious young players with heart and skill. If you heart and grit is not playing on your top 2 lines at the end of the day, it won't matter as much when it counts the most. (see: Sedin, Henrik/Daniel)

1st I was like what? Guys like Puempel are still on the board and Ottawa NEEDS these potential 1st line guys, but then again you also need gritty guys that can score (and Noesen can as he led his team in goals and points and scored well over ppg as a 17 year old) and play on your top 2 lines.

Last edited by 4thliner*: 06-25-2011 at 04:57 PM.
4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:14 PM
HSF

Stefan Noesen's potential?

Stefan Noesen
Right Wing
Born Feb 12 1993 -- Plano, TX
Height 6.01 -- Weight 193 -- Shoots R

2011-12 Plymouth Whalers OHL 47 22 38 60 56 14

Seemed to have a slow start but seems to be really turning it on recently

How is he developing and what do you think his potential is?

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:15 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
I heard comparisons to Corey Perry when he was drafted.

Anyone who watches on a regular basis agree or disagree with that?

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:38 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
He's no where near Corey Perry. He's gritty, decent two-way game. i would not compare his style to Dan Cleary but I would compare his game to Cleary. If he's a top 6 guy it will be as a filler. But the guy can essentially play any situation if needed.

He doesnt have the scoring touch as Perry, by any means. He just doesnt look out of place in any situations but he's not going to be a point-getter.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:42 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
He's no where near Corey Perry. He's gritty, decent two-way game. i would not compare his style to Dan Cleary but I would compare his game to Cleary. If he's a top 6 guy it will be as a filler. But the guy can essentially play any situation if needed.

He doesnt have the scoring touch as Perry, by any means. He just doesnt look out of place in any situations but he's not going to be a point-getter.
he seems like a bit better version of nick foligno looking at his numbers

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:42 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I heard comparisons to Corey Perry when he was drafted.

Anyone who watches on a regular basis agree or disagree with that?
Bryan Murray was forced into that comparison
He just meant style, hard worker who buzzes around the net for garbage goals

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:50 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
he seems like a bit better version of nick foligno looking at his numbers
Maybe kind of similar but i would say less gritty.. IMHO.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Zeroknowledge*

I like the Foligno comparison and I'd add Glencross as a fair comparison too IMO for Noesen

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:02 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
Show Me Your TDs

Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Sounds like a solid third liner.

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:02 PM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Cleary was the comparison I was going to make before even opening this thread. Foligno is a good one too. He can grind hard but he's not overly physical guy like Glencross.
He's got some real slick hands around the net. He could be a real good tweener that fits on almost any line, sorta like Cleary.

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote