HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

New Jersey/Vancouver

Old
10-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Jerzey Devil

vCash: 500
I do like the idea of bringing Schneider to the Devils, though. What will that take from the Devils to bring Schneider over?

I know a goaltender isn't exactly what most people think the Devils need right now, but I thnk bringing in a good young guy to back up Marty could make everyone play a little harder. Including Marty.

Jerzey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Schneider most likely won't be moved until the off-season; or maybe as late as next years trade deadline depending on how he's playing. He signed a two-year deal with the Canucks (after which he is an RFA) so I don't really see a rush to move him as the Canucks do not have a huge amount of holes in their line-up (and very limited cap-space).

Lol at the guy who said 'you want Parise start with the Sedins'; ya that makes a whole ton of sense.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Menzies16

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
Hardly worth even discussing. There's no way New Jersey moves Parise, at all. MAYBE both Sedins for him would get Lou listening.

Anyone who wouldn't do both Sedin's for Parise straight up from the devils side is a moron. They are top ten in talent for sure. No one, I mean no one, has better passing and a better cycle game than these two. Last year was amazing for Hank, this year is danny's turn. I they both stay healthy all year, I would bet smart money they both end up in the top 5 in points. With Daniel top 5 in goals. Not to mention they are both defensivly responsible.

Don't get me wrong, Parise is great, a sublime talent, but 2 is always greater than 1.

Menzies16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Kickassguy

Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Oh my God. Stop with the Parise proposals. You really want him? Give us the Sedins.
lol.

Kickassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menzies16 View Post
Anyone who wouldn't do both Sedin's for Parise straight up from the devils side is a moron. They are top ten in talent for sure. No one, I mean no one, has better passing and a better cycle game than these two. Last year was amazing for Hank, this year is danny's turn. I they both stay healthy all year, I would bet smart money they both end up in the top 5 in points. With Daniel top 5 in goals. Not to mention they are both defensivly responsible.

Don't get me wrong, Parise is great, a sublime talent, but 2 is always greater than 1.
Back to work.

Also, I agree wholeheartedly. He misses twice, with his counter proposal and assuming it was a Canucks fan that posted it, not a Habs fan.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Nothing to see here move along

Devils Trap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 09:46 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickassguy View Post
lol.
Just trying to prove a point. You want our untouchable? We want your untouchables.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:
Just trying to prove a point. You want our untouchable? We want your untouchables.
This sounds... so, so very bad.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 12:35 AM
Kagee*

NJ would need various parts for this to work, like Raymond and Ehrhoff etc. for Parise.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 01:09 AM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Nobody wanted your untouchable... the OP was a Habs fan and apparently knows nothing about the team's needs.

Sure, it'd be dope to get Parise but in any realistic scenario, it's not happening either way.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 01:49 AM
Cephalusc

If the Canucks added Hodgson and 2nd then I think this deal would make sense for both teams. Devil's get their goalie of the future and a solid D, Canuck's would get the leagues best offense.

Can't believe some Canuck fans have said no to the OPs deal. If you have a chance to get Parise, you go for it, especially if it only costs you 1 pro skater. The Canucks have enough depth on D to cover Erhoff's loss.

Cephalusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:11 AM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephalusc View Post
If the Canucks added Hodgson and 2nd then I think this deal would make sense for both teams. Devil's get their goalie of the future and a solid D, Canuck's would get the leagues best offense.

Can't believe some Canuck fans have said no to the OPs deal. If you have a chance to get Parise, you go for it, especially if it only costs you 1 pro skater. The Canucks have enough depth on D to cover Erhoff's loss.
Ballard, Hamhuis & Salo are all injured, if we traded Erhoff we'd be left with this:

Edler - Bieksa
Alberts - Rome
Parent - AHL
AHL - AHL

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:21 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Parise
Langs
Tedenby