HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Players that might not be back

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2004, 01:23 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Players that might not be back

I think Sullivan will be back. Poile gave up too much not resign him.

I don't think Arkhipov is going anywhere because his value is so low, I do however think Orsagh might be on his way out as unpopular as that might sound here's my reason. We need more size; on the right wing we have Tootoo, Hall, Walker and Orszagh. Pivko offers a complete 2-way game much like Orszagh with much more size and a higher upside although I'd actually move him to the 4th line and move Shishkanov up to let him showcase his goal scoring playing with Legwand and Erat.

Sullivan - Johanson - Walker
Erat - Legwand - Shishkanov
Hartnell - Johnson - Hall
Tootoo- Arhipov - Pivko/Stevenson

I could see not bringing Johanson back but we're so thin at center, maybe a big center gets drafted or we trade for one.

Old
06-11-2004, 02:46 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I think Sullivan will be back. Poile gave up too much not resign him.

I don't think Arkhipov is going anywhere because his value is so low, I do however think Orsagh might be on his way out as unpopular as that might sound here's my reason. We need more size; on the right wing we have Tootoo, Hall, Walker and Orszagh. Pivko offers a complete 2-way game much like Orszagh with much more size and a higher upside although I'd actually move him to the 4th line and move Shishkanov up to let him showcase his goal scoring playing with Legwand and Erat.

Sullivan - Johanson - Walker
Erat - Legwand - Shishkanov
Hartnell - Johnson - Hall
Tootoo- Arhipov - Pivko/Stevenson

I could see not bringing Johanson back but we're so thin at center, maybe a big center gets drafted or we trade for one.
I like this ok except I prefer Zholtok over Arky.

what I can't wait for is in the somewhat near future is this...

timonen-eaton
weber-suter
klein-zidlicky

Old
06-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
I like this ok except I prefer Zholtok over Arky.

what I can't wait for is in the somewhat near future is this...

timonen-eaton
weber-suter
klein-zidlicky

hello...no Dan Hamhuis?...okay, whatever floats your boat...do we trade him for Gaborik?

Old
06-11-2004, 02:49 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
hello...no Dan Hamhuis?...okay, whatever floats your boat...do we trade him for Gaborik?
holy cow....how did I forget hammer?! my bad. well then we have a 7th d-man (and hammer certainly won't be the depth #7 d-man).

no we trade arky for gaborik

Old
06-11-2004, 03:11 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I feel Pivko might be ready for the 3rd line right now. He's got everything but experience. And the one thing you must have to be on the Preds, he has in spades: defensive awareness and desire. He might jump in to a third line role right off the bat.

Old
06-11-2004, 03:29 PM
crossxcheck

does anyone know if pivko can play center? does anyone think he would make a good center?

Old
06-11-2004, 03:58 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I think there is zero chance of Orszagh being moved as long as Trotz is head coach. His goal in game (2?) of the playoffs, epitomizes Predator hockey.....and really defines his game to a Tee. He is a heart and sould player that will sacrifice EVERYTHING for the team.

*I'm referring to the head-into-the post goal*

06-11-2004, 04:25 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
does anyone know if pivko can play center? does anyone think he would make a good center?
That anyone would likely be Eriks. I'm not sure he played much center for Milwaukee at even strength. Wyatt Smith was usually the center and Shish and Pivko flanked him. On the PK, where Pivko found himself quite often, both forwards oftentimes take faceoffs. I would love to see some legit stats for Pivko.

Old
06-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Eriks

Send a message via ICQ to Eriks Send a message via AIM to Eriks Send a message via MSN to Eriks Send a message via Yahoo to Eriks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
That anyone would likely be Eriks. I'm not sure he played much center for Milwaukee at even strength. Wyatt Smith was usually the center and Shish and Pivko flanked him. On the PK, where Pivko found himself quite often, both forwards oftentimes take faceoffs. I would love to see some legit stats for Pivko.

Pivko is a fish out of water in the face-off dot. I have a few rather comical photos of his misadventures when he was forced to take the draw when Wyatt was in Smashville.

He did, however, improve as the season wore on. The kid has a work ethic that fits the Trotz System already. I'd be shocked if he didn't play in Nashville next year on that 3rd line.

Also, don't be surprised to see Toots down in Milwaukee next year. It's been hinted at by both Trotz and Shero that he could see Milwaukee to get ice time with the top lines rather than the checking line and getting five to seven minutes a game.

Old
06-11-2004, 05:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i think most of us think tootoo in milwaukee is a great idea, though the general public would probably make a stink about it.

Old
06-11-2004, 06:11 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i think most of us think tootoo in milwaukee is a great idea, though the general public would probably make a stink about it.
The general public would rather see wins than watching Tootoo pinball around the ice for 5 minutes a game.

Old
06-11-2004, 06:26 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
Doesn't send him a good message when he makes the team in his first year, and then is relegated to the AHL his second.

Old
06-11-2004, 06:28 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFan77
Doesn't send him a good message when he makes the team in his first year, and then is relegated to the AHL his second.
It sends him this message. We think you are a valuable member of our team. However, you are not good enough yet to play enough minutes to develop your skills. Time in Milwaukee will allow you to play 20 minutes a night. See PP and PK time and serious ice time in crucial game moments. He'll understand.

Old
06-11-2004, 09:57 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
It sends him this message. We think you are a valuable member of our team. However, you are not good enough yet to play enough minutes to develop your skills. Time in Milwaukee will allow you to play 20 minutes a night. See PP and PK time and serious ice time in crucial game moments. He'll understand.
I agree with this rhetoric and think tootoo would be the better for it.

Old
06-11-2004, 10:15 PM
WuRtZLeSs

Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
On defense - I don't think York will be back.. that's 2,000,000 that could be spent elsewhere.

Old
06-12-2004, 01:02 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

What do you all think of Jassen Cullimore of the Tampa Bay Lightning? or maybe Jon Klemm?

Old
06-12-2004, 01:48 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
What do you all think of Jassen Cullimore of the Tampa Bay Lightning? or maybe Jon Klemm?

i think cullimore will be back with the lightning, and i'm not interested in klemm. i think defense is pretty set...

Timonen\Eaton
Hamhuis\Bomber
Zidlicky\Hnidy

Old
06-12-2004, 10:10 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i think cullimore will be back with the lightning, and i'm not interested in klemm. i think defense is pretty set...

Timonen\Eaton
Hamhuis\Bomber
Zidlicky\Hnidy

I am not a huge Cullimore fan. For as big as he is and as wonderful a skater as he is, he plays too passive. And his value is likely quite high after the Cup run. We'll have to get in a bidding war if we really want him. I'd take him in a heartbeat for the right price. But I'm not sure the price will be right.

Now, the market may change and the prices might be driven down. But if they do, it'll be unlikely that we participate in it. Because if the big money teams aren't spending. The small money teams like the Preds will sit on their wallets too.

Old
06-12-2004, 05:05 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I think there is zero chance of Orszagh being moved as long as Trotz is head coach. His goal in game (2?) of the playoffs, epitomizes Predator hockey.....and really defines his game to a Tee. He is a heart and sould player that will sacrifice EVERYTHING for the team.

*I'm referring to the head-into-the post goal*
No offense but this is exactly what we said about Yachmenev.

Old
06-12-2004, 06:27 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
No offense but this is exactly what we said about Yachmenev.
Fair enough. I still think that he will be on the club for a few more years .

Old
06-12-2004, 10:11 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I think Orszagh will be thanked for his time and effort, and sent on his way. He's been a great piece in 'getting us there,' but it was always understood that he was kind of a journeyman kind of guy. I think Libor Pivko sounds a lot like Orszagh..but with a higher upside\skill set.

Closed Thread