HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jokinen Appreciation thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-31-2010, 01:48 PM
  #26
pb1300
#CatsAreComing
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,846
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
This entire post is nothing but a troll fest. I'll sum up all my thoughts with this: He ADMITTEDLY quit on the team, don't need a coach/GM to do what Olli did on his own. And the sport's grown like wildfire here.

Horrendous post, why'd you waste your time??
He never admitted anything Laus, that was just our high school writers covering the team making that up

pb1300 is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 02:40 PM
  #27
Holy Jokinen
Registered User
 
Holy Jokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa/Boca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
OMG. i can't believe this thread. the rest of the league is laughing their ***** off at the "Joker" and we still have posters here who think he's the bomb. great stuff.
Was, not is.

As i said, i don't disagree with getting rid of him when we did, and i don't refute that the guy should not have been captain, particularly towards the end of his tenure in Florida.

But people definitely let that stuff overshadow the years where he dominated here in Florida.

Holy Jokinen is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 02:56 PM
  #28
pb1300
#CatsAreComing
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,846
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Was, not is.

As i said, i don't disagree with getting rid of him when we did, and i don't refute that the guy should not have been captain, particularly towards the end of his tenure in Florida.

But people definitely let that stuff overshadow the years where he dominated here in Florida.
Why would you want to overshadow these things? Why overshadow a player, excuse me, a captain who admits he quit on his team? We were right in the middle of a playoff run, in March no less, with a seven game win streak going on. I remember that well because on a Wednesday night game, against the Islanders, the arena was as alive as it ever was. What did Olli do during that game, or during that streak, or during that run towards the end of the season? Nothing. He had FOUR goals in his last 18 games that season. I dont care what he did before that time, when the lights shined brightest, he dissapeared, no he QUIT. I dont care what he did, he doesnt belong in the Den of Honor. Numbers shouldnt be the only thing that should characterize a player.

pb1300 is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:27 PM
  #29
Tranq
Registered User
 
Tranq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
when did he say he quit on the team? I dont remember any of that; the imaginations of Jokinen's haters are running wild it seems.

I remember his poor play down the stretch but 20 games of poor play does not negate 4 good seasons as a Panther. Apparently managment also agrees which is why he IS in the DEN. The locker room cancer and quitter labels are just fabrications by the haters.

Tranq is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:35 PM
  #30
pb1300
#CatsAreComing
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,846
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranq View Post
when did he say he quit on the team? I dont remember any of that; the imaginations of Jokinen's haters are running wild it seems.

I remember his poor play down the stretch but 20 games of poor play does not negate 4 good seasons as a Panther. Apparently managment also agrees which is why he IS in the DEN. The locker room cancer and quitter labels are just fabrications by the haters.
Dont come in here and disrespect the people that have been here for years. Imaginations? Fabrications? Thats all crap. Its fact, period. He said it, his teammates made comments about him, even general managers around the league had questions about him. This thread should be closed because its a ridiculous topic, and is just a thread for trolls to pass on by.

pb1300 is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:36 PM
  #31
Tranq
Registered User
 
Tranq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
provide some evidence to support your argument fanboy.

Tranq is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:38 PM
  #32
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranq View Post
when did he say he quit on the team? I dont remember any of that; the imaginations of Jokinen's haters are running wild it seems.

I remember his poor play down the stretch but 20 games of poor play does not negate 4 good seasons as a Panther. Apparently managment also agrees which is why he IS in the DEN. The locker room cancer and quitter labels are just fabrications by the haters.
It's been all over the boards, proven, factual, etc etc. Not our faults you never come here. This hole thread is just bait from a troll. Not sure how others can't figure that one out.

__________________
Future now!
Laus723 is online now  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:39 PM
  #33
Tranq
Registered User
 
Tranq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
still waiting for evidence. the haters are getting desperate

Tranq is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:40 PM
  #34
pb1300
#CatsAreComing
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,846
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranq View Post
provide some evidence to support your argument fanboy.
I dont need to provide any evidence, google it yourself. Whats the point though, your just trolling.

pb1300 is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:40 PM
  #35
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranq View Post
still waiting for evidence. the haters are getting desperate
It's been all over the boards several times, you go find it, burden's not on us.

Laus723 is online now  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:41 PM
  #36
Tranq
Registered User
 
Tranq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
I dont need to provide any evidence, google it yourself. Whats the point though, your just trolling.
sorry thats not good enough.

Tranq is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:42 PM
  #37
Tranq
Registered User
 
Tranq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
This is a jokinen appreciation thread; if you dont like it post somewhere else

Tranq is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:43 PM
  #38
pb1300
#CatsAreComing
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,846
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Nobody appreciates Jokinen, period.

pb1300 is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:44 PM
  #39
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranq View Post
sorry thats not good enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranq View Post
This is a jokinen appreciation thread; if you dont like it post somewhere else
Since when are you a mod? And again, you're the one raving, and you never post here, doesn't matter what you think is good enough! Fact is, you don't even have to google it, you could probably search the Panther threads and find something.

Laus723 is online now  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:45 PM
  #40
pb1300
#CatsAreComing
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,846
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Ok, so you alone appreciate him. Tell us why? Give us another example, aside from his 3 1/2 good scoring seasons for us. Lets read some of your expertise.

pb1300 is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:46 PM
  #41
pb1300
#CatsAreComing
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,846
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Since when are you a mod? And again, you're the one raving, and you never post here, doesn't matter what you think is good enough! Fact is, you don't even have to google it, you could probably search the Panther threads and find something.
He is trolling Laus, its quite evident.

pb1300 is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:50 PM
  #42
Tranq
Registered User
 
Tranq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Since when are you a mod? And again, you're the one raving, and you never post here, doesn't matter what you think is good enough! Fact is, you don't even have to google it, you could probably search the Panther threads and find something.
listen pool man, you came here and starting ranting about trolls. this was a perfectly fine topic until you and mr. pb1300 decided to derail it. now provide some evidence or GTFO.

Tranq is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:53 PM
  #43
Tranq
Registered User
 
Tranq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Ok, so you alone appreciate him. Tell us why? Give us another example, aside from his 3 1/2 good scoring seasons for us. Lets read some of your expertise.
read my opening post fanboy.

Tranq is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:54 PM
  #44
pb1300
#CatsAreComing
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,846
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranq View Post
listen pool man, you came here and starting ranting about trolls. this was a perfectly fine topic until you and mr. pb1300 decided to derail it. now provide some evidence or GTFO.
Derailed what? Real Panther fans do not appreciate Jokinen, because of his actions. Go ahead and answer my previous post. Lets see what the expert has to say

pb1300 is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 03:57 PM
  #45
pb1300
#CatsAreComing
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,846
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranq View Post
read my opening post fanboy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Ok, so you alone appreciate him. Tell us why? Give us another example, aside from his 3 1/2 good scoring seasons for us. Lets read some of your expertise.
Its real hard to comprehend a lot of words, huh? Let me make it a little darker, and bigger, for you, so it can be more clear for ya.

pb1300 is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 04:10 PM
  #46
Tranq
Registered User
 
Tranq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
sorry fanboy but you still havent proven your argument. you came here spouting gibberish now you have to defend yourself.

Tranq is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 04:22 PM
  #47
pb1300
#CatsAreComing
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,846
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranq View Post
sorry fanboy but you still havent proven your argument. you came here spouting gibberish now you have to defend yourself.
General managers, Canuck GM at the time Dave Nonis as one of them, questioned his character...check.

Jokinen secretly leaves a team charity function, taking along Horton with him, to a strip club...check.

Jokinen admits he quit on the team, and wanted Martin fired...check.

Jokinen had his two best seasons in years where we werent in contention, yet did nothing the last half of the season where we needed him most...check.

Oh, but he scored goals for us, so that automatically makes him great. I forgot that goals and assists is the only way to characterize a players success on a team. What was I thinking. Jokinen had a few good seasons for us, statistically, but he was a bad captain, a bad teammate, and his own words prove that. If you have a hard time trying to figure that out, here is some help for you.

pb1300 is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 04:30 PM
  #48
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 17,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranq View Post
when did he say he quit on the team? I dont remember any of that; the imaginations of Jokinen's haters are running wild it seems.

I remember his poor play down the stretch but 20 games of poor play does not negate 4 good seasons as a Panther. Apparently managment also agrees which is why he IS in the DEN. The locker room cancer and quitter labels are just fabrications by the haters.
All of that was in the media for anyone who wanted to read it. Even GR has said he was bad in the room.

Dread Clawz is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 04:42 PM
  #49
Tranq
Registered User
 
Tranq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
General managers, Canuck GM at the time Dave Nonis as one of them, questioned his character...check.

Jokinen secretly leaves a team charity function, taking along Horton with him...check.

Jokinen admits he quit on the team, and wanted Martin fired...check.

Jokinen had his two best seasons in years where we werent in contention, yet did nothing the last half of the season where we needed him most...check.

I'm not looking for stories made up by you fanboy. Where does he admit he quit on the team and wanted Martin fired?

second, a poor stretch run doesn't mean he quit on the team. He hasn't been scoring as much since then. its not because he suddenly gave up and became a locker room cancer. thats just lies invented by the panthers management.


forget what dave nonis thinks jerome iginla doesnt seem to have a problem with jokinen? http://www.crashthecrease.com/2010/0...y-and-jokinen/

Tranq is offline  
Old
10-31-2010, 04:43 PM
  #50
Tranq
Registered User
 
Tranq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
All of that was in the media for anyone who wanted to read it. Even GR has said he was bad in the room.
i dont remember GR saying that. maybe GR can come back on here and clarify

Tranq is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.