HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tb-mtl

Old
10-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Dharvey33

vCash: 500
Tb-mtl

Since the botls stole a lot of habs or Bulldog elements in the offseason, i do think they owe us something. Was Yverman pissed that he wasnt chosen as habs GM?

The Botls needs steadiness in defense and the habs need a second line winger.

I would see something like this:

To Montreal:

Ryan Malone(i'd prefer Downie but more expensive) 3rd pick

To Tampa bay:

Jaroslav Spacek, 2nd pick, Aaron Palushaj

We solve the problem on the second line Malone is big can hit, score and is American like Gionta and Gomez.

Tampa gets a nice prospect in Aaron Palushaj and a good veteran in Spacek who is overpaid yes just like Malone. The second pick soften the spot.

I think i't may be a great fit for both teams

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Since the botls stole a lot of habs or Bulldog elements in the offseason, i do think they owe us something. Was Yverman pissed that he wasnt chosen as habs GM?

To Montreal:

To Tampa bay:

We solve the problem on the second line Malone is big can hit, score and is American like Gionta and Gomez.

Tampa gets a nice prospect in Aaron Palushaj and a good veteran in Spacek who is overpaid yes just like Malone. The second pick soften the spot.

Prior to what anyone thinks the Bolts do not owe anyone anything. Not a great way to start a proposal. And that trade is a no.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Alvvays
Marle **3

vCash: 50
Spacek looks like **** this season. Malone has more value than a washed-up defenseman and an "ok" prospect.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
Quote:

To Montreal:

To Tampa bay:

We owe you nothing.

Bish Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:13 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

NJD should send us Zajac, they owe us for taking Kovalchuk and Salmela.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:

To Montreal:

To Tampa bay:

This is the worst troll i've ever seen.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Dharvey33

Yeah sorry about that i guess it was anger that Guy Boucher and Desjardins left for nothing. But if we got back to the trade Tampa has issues on the D and a guy like Spacek could help if he plays something like 15-19 minutes not 20 or more like he does now.

Palushaj has some upside and could be nhl ready next year and a second pick is still of good value.

Malone is not having a good season at minus 8 and a change of air could help him. Purcell could move up to replace him.

Old
10-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Yeah sorry about that i guess it was anger that Guy Boucher and Desjardins left for nothing. But if we got back to the trade Tampa has issues on the D and a guy like Spacek could help if he plays something like 15-19 minutes not 20 or more like he does now.

Palushaj has some upside and could be nhl ready next year and a second pick is still of good value.

Malone is not having a good season at minus 8 and a change of air could help him. Purcell could move up to replace him.
Actually our defense isn't that bad what everyone makes it out to be. Its not good, its not bad. Its average. Yzerman said its a rebuilding year. So I'm willing to stick with an average defense as Lundin and Hedman are both still young and will only get better. Then we have Barberio and Wishart in Norfolk, in a few seasons they will get called up and our D will look alot better.

What the Bolts need is goaltending. I personally would rather us see use our pipeline in the minors first before we go on the market for one. Honestly, this deal makes no sense.

Edit: Oh and Purcell isn't malones replacement. Two completely different players. Purcell is more of a play maker and Malone is more of a grinder. Using vague terms of course. Both of them bring a unique element to the game. They are hardly replacements for one another.

and Purcell has been looking great this season, seems to starting to finally come into his own.

Old
10-28-2010, 08:41 PM
eklunds source

Quote:

Malone is not having a good [nine games] at minus 8 and a change of air could help him. Purcell could move up to replace him.
You can't call it a 'bad season' when we're not out of October.

There's no reason Tampa Bay 1) wants Spacek, 2) would give up Malone, or 3) would move Malone for Spacek.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:

While TB probably needs some help on D, if we send Spacek, we're sure not getting Malone back, even if we send Palushaj back. I still think TB and Montreal make interesting trade partners. Maybe if someone like Gagne is still struggling later in the season they can work a trade around him and someone like Spacek, Gill or Picard.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:52 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:

Guy Boucher left because he got a great opportunity to take it to the next level in his coaching career, that's how it works. I'm sure the Toronto Blue Jays owe the Red Sox something for taking John Farrell as their new manager, right? No.

You don't judge players as having good seasons or not based on what they do the first 10 or so games, M. Staal is having a terrible start, but he also did last year, and look where he ended up. TB will be fine.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoDynasty View Post
While TB probably needs some help on D, if we send Spacek, we're sure not getting Malone back, even if we send Palushaj back. I still think TB and Montreal make interesting trade partners. Maybe if someone like Gagne is still struggling later in the season they can work a trade around him and someone like Spacek, Gill or Picard.

Old
10-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Not that i want Gagne but you got him for Matt Freaking Walker and a 4th pick so don't go overating a guy who has got a big 0 point in 6 game playing with Lecavalier.

Gagne isn't merely the player he used to be that's why he was expandable.

I wasn't comparing Purcell to Malone i just said he could take his place the bolts have already got a gritty forward who can score in Steve Downie. Why Spacek could be usefull is because he is a veteran d something lacking in TB besides Kubina and Ohlund (injured). Anyway i understand why people don't want Spacek he is a bit washed up and i don't know where his shot has gone but it's not here anymore.

Player i would really like would be Downie (fast, gritty, can score and pass) be willing to let go good prospects to get him.

Old
10-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
I think it's funnier that our goalie is outscoring Lindros Lite.

Shinsuke Nakamura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Rschmitz
Yzermaned

The only thing that interests me from Montreal they won't trade. Our defense is fine, Spacek wouldn't crack our top 6.

Rschmitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
Hahaha Picard. Tampa Bay isn't trading for a defenseman, especially crap like Picard who we already had the "pleasure" of seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Habs Fan View Post
And Teddy Purcell has the same number of points as Cammalleri, it's 8 ****ing games.

Last edited by Bish Please: 10-28-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Bish Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 01:03 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Habs Fan View Post
Yeah Price is really lighting it up, can't wait for that 50 point breakout season.

Old
10-29-2010, 01:40 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Not that i want Gagne but you got him for Matt Freaking Walker and a 4th pick so don't go overating a guy who has got a big 0 point in 6 game playing with Lecavalier.

Gagne isn't merely the player he used to be that's why he was expandable.

I wasn't comparing Purcell to Malone i just said he could take his place the bolts have already got a gritty forward who can score in Steve Downie. Why Spacek could be usefull is because he is a veteran d something lacking in TB besides Kubina and Ohlund (injured). Anyway i understand why people don't want Spacek he is a bit washed up and i don't know where his shot has gone but it's not here anymore.

Player i would really like would be Downie (fast, gritty, can score and pass) be willing to let go good prospects to get him.
Im sorry but in what world do you live in that the acquisition price of something determines its value?

There is one thing that MTL has that I would want in TB. And that ship sailed when Halak was traded. Price isnt going anywhere now so MTL and TB really have nothing to trade for.

I also find it hilarious that in all these recent threads everyone and their mother is saying "Gagne isnt the player he used to be". Really? Realllly?

And midway through the season when he has more points than anyone on the MTL roster...then what?

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:23 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Im sorry but in what world do you live in that the acquisition price of something determines its value?

There is one thing that MTL has that I would want in TB. And that ship sailed when Halak was traded. Price isnt going anywhere now so MTL and TB really have nothing to trade for.

I also find it hilarious that in all these recent threads everyone and their mother is saying "Gagne isnt the player he used to be". Really? Realllly?

And midway through the season when he has more points than anyone on the MTL roster...then what?
Hey, I only brought it up as a hypothetical scenario, I said if.
Some of these comments are interesting though. Obviously if Gagne finds his form its not a fair deal. But assuming a player with injury problems in the past, with his first new team since he broke into the NHL can definitely rebound isn't exactly a given. And ff Gagne can rebound , whos to say Spacek can't improve as well. He played very well last playoffs and may have just gotten off to a poor start like Gagne.

Also, I need help on my fantasy team, could you give me the top ranked offensive forwards, your clairvoyance would be a great help

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:38 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoDynasty View Post
Hey, I only brought it up as a hypothetical scenario, I said if.
Some of these comments are interesting though. Obviously if Gagne finds his form its not a fair deal. But assuming a player with injury problems in the past, with his first new team since he broke into the NHL can definitely rebound isn't exactly a given. And ff Gagne can rebound , whos to say Spacek can't improve as well. He played very well last playoffs and may have just gotten off to a poor start like Gagne.

Also, I need help on my fantasy team, could you give me the top ranked offensive forwards, your clairvoyance would be a great help:help:
If there still available. Draft Bergie and Purcell from the bolts. There both going to have insane years from what people expect. Both of them are playing out of there mind. If our top 6 wasn't stacked I would be making a case for the both of them.

Old
10-29-2010, 03:23 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Pretty sure if Habs wanted Malone they could've traded Halak for him + some spare parts this off season.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:56 AM
ulysse84

Spacek is slow as a turtle
timid as a big deer
Bolts and completely unnecessary to 3.83 M.
In addition, Montreal has no choice 2 nd round 2011
Aaron Palushaj one that was exchanged in return for D'Agotini who has 4 goals this year?
no interest for T-B
Malone and has 5 more years
$ 6,000,000 in 2010 -11
$ 5,500,000
$ 3,000,000
$ 2,500,000
$ 2,500,000 2014-15
Tampa Bay may be better elsewhere

the big fat Spacek would Anaheim * maybe *
for Blake who is rarely used

Spacek - Carle
Blake - Brookbank RD

ulysse84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 04:07 AM
ulysse84

Weber and Hamrlik
for
Malone
would be more realistic
but probably not for you

ulysse84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
No, thanks

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 08:47 AM
ccgg

I don't think the Habs want. True the Habs need a big body on the top-6 but the Malone contract doesn't help us (long contract vs several NHLready prospects we have + salary cap). We just have to wait Max Pacioretty or Alexander Avtsin to be with the Habs (maybe this winter) for the famous top-6 power foward. If Jacques Martin think that we only need an offensive foward, Ben Maxwell/David Desharnais/Aaron Palushaj can have a chance with Gionta and Gomez. That being said, at short term, Moen is good with the 2G and Benoit Pouliot can play well if he is confident.

Hamilton Bulldogs stats (for Palushaj/Maxwell/Desharnais/Pacioretty/Avtsin/others):

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl.php?tid=791

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote