HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Ticket Prices around the AHL

Old
10-01-2010, 01:55 PM
mtlhddoc2

vCash: 500
Ticket Prices around the AHL

I only looked at a few of the teams, but I was SHOCKED at the cost of some tickets. In some cases, like Chicago, half decent tickets were over $50! And then you have a team, like the B-Sens, charging only $18.

I go see P-Bruins games, about 10-12 games a year. The "street" price of a lower level arena ticket is $28. But I do flex packages and pay less than $10 a ticket.

Is it the CoL in the area or are some teams really just, well, greedy, or do they still pack out arenas at $50 a ticket?

mtlhddoc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 02:02 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlhddoc2 View Post
I only looked at a few of the teams, but I was SHOCKED at the cost of some tickets. In some cases, like Chicago, half decent tickets were over $50! And then you have a team, like the B-Sens, charging only $18.

I go see P-Bruins games, about 10-12 games a year. The "street" price of a lower level arena ticket is $28. But I do flex packages and pay less than $10 a ticket.

Is it the CoL in the area or are some teams really just, well, greedy, or do they still pack out arenas at $50 a ticket?
The River Rats charged general admission last year at $17 per ticket, any seat. I think that since the Devils took over, it's $19 per, now.

kdfsjljklgjfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlhddoc2 View Post

I think cost of living is a factor. I think you'll find the top ticket prices are in the major cities like Chicago, Toronto, Houston, etc. There are more higher income people in the area that can afford higher prices to sit in prime locations than in some smaller cities.

Speaking strictly about Chicago, the highest price ticket ($50) only applies to the seats along the glass (grey in this picture). They drop down to $35 for seats in rows 2 through roughly 10 (gold). Beyond row 10, the seats are either $26 (orange) for either side of center ice or $19 (green) everywhere else in the lower bowl. I'll stop there to stay within the decent seat range.

So with the exception of what I'll call prime locations, the Wolves are reasonably comparable to the Senators. There are plenty of decent seats available for the Wolves at similar price to the Senators. If you're willing to go to the upper deck ends (blue), which has some pretty views, you can actually be slightly cheaper than the Senators since those tickets are $16.

10-01-2010, 05:46 PM
aparch

Depends on his definition of "prime seats."

Ever since my college days, I prefer to sit behind the goalie (either to taunt or just for the view). It gives a great up ice view, allows you to see the power play umbrella unfold, none of that annoying "tennis match" effect from watching skaters go left-right-left-right-left all game, and I don't have to worry about not being able to see the fights in the near corners on each end of the ice like sitting at center ice does.

Sitting at center ice on the glass is for chumps who are at the game to be seen, and not to watch the game anyway. Unless you're in the upper deck at the Allstate. Center ice up there is okay (and preferred because the "warped glass" effect doesn't block your view).

Thankfully, the ends are cheaper at the Allstate, and a trick that some people don't know is that the gold row at the Allstate (on the ends only) are elevated above the gray seats, so by buying a $26 orange ticket on the ends, you're just two rows off the glass (the gray seated fans don't obstruct your view), and have PRIME view of the game.

So I'll let him keep his "prime" seats, and I'll keep paying less for a better view of the game from my "prime" seats.

*edit* For full disclosure, I HAVE sat in seats offered to me that were at close to center ice at the Allstate. I caught myself watching the game more on the video board than I did the actual ice. I didn't like it.

aparch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 06:33 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

i got to the pbruins and lower level seat are 28 bucks now. when i first started going they were seven.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparch View Post
Ever since my college days, I prefer to sit behind the goalie (either to taunt or just for the view). It gives a great up ice view, allows you to see the power play umbrella unfold, none of that annoying "tennis match" effect from watching skaters go left-right-left-right-left all game, and I don't have to worry about not being able to see the fights in the near corners on each end of the ice like sitting at center ice does.
I completely agree. I have my tickets in the end where the Wolves shoot twice down in the gold section. I love being able to really see if the puck went over the line or not. I also like being able to look straight ahead for the whole game and see all the action on the ice.

Majik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Rumblick

Hershey:

Front row is $755 per season (not listed as a single game option)

All lower bowl aside from Row "A" is $ 675 per season ( $ 22.50 per game individually ). STH’s get a 28% discount and free parking ( a $280 value ).

Upper Bowl seats are $ 555 per season ( $ 16.50 per game ). STH’s get a 20% discount and free parking.

Season Ticket holders get the All Star Game & Skills Competition included in their packages.

I think we've got it pretty good.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 12:11 AM
sabrefan27

The Amerks have pretty good prices. The 100 premiums (goal line to goal line lower level) are $650 for a full season and are the most expensive. The 200 premiums are $610, although I personally have been locked into a much lower price for those seats. You can get a full season ticket for as little as $320, which are still great seats.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 12:51 AM
Denzil
NOLU

I think my season ticket was something like $540 - here in Albany, price is the same for every seat.

Denzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 01:43 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

*** Advance Individual Ticket Prices ***

Quarter Deck -- Adult $13 Senior/Child $11
Main Deck -- Adult $16 Senior/Child $11
Premium Main Deck -- Adult $17 Senior/Child $12

Youth: 16 years of age & under Senior: 65 years of age & over

*** Day of Game Individual Ticket Prices ***

Quarter Deck -- Adult $15 Senior/Child $13
Main Deck -- Adult $18 Senior/Child $13
Premium Main Deck -- Adult $19 Senior/Child $14

Youth: 16 years of age & under Senior: 65 years of age & over

Full Season - All 40 Pirates Home Games

Quarter Deck -- Adult $400 Senior/Child $320
Main Deck -- Adult $520 Senior/Child $320
Premium Main Deck -- Adult $520 Senior/Child $320 (Limited Time)

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 09:36 AM
mtlhddoc2

interesting.....

i like the kids prices that some of them have, good marketing!

Looks like, much like the PBs, many teams have flex and season ticket packages which vastly reduce the per game price

Old
10-03-2010, 11:50 AM
adsfan

The Admirals Quarters are seats on the glass in the first row only. The second row and back seats are the Mid Deck with 7 sections on each side of the ice. The Stern end is the seven sections where the Admirals shoot at in the first, third and overtime periods. The Bow is the opposite end seven sections.

Milwaukee Admirals Tickets
$23 Single Game $790 Full Season $400 Half Season Admiral's Quarters Plan
$19 Single Game $650 Full Season $330 Half Season Mid Deck Plan
$17 Single Game $580 Full Season $300 Half Season The Stern Plan
$16 Single Game $550 Full Season $280 Half Season The Bow Plan

All kids 14 and under are $11 for any seat.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 06:46 PM
RaskMullet
Pasta Time !

My season tickets are center ice for Providence and they were $450. I also got 20 free flex tickets to use for any games

RaskMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 12:23 AM
mtlhddoc2

MM: dont you also get 2 tickets to a Boston game as well?

Old
10-28-2010, 03:35 PM
ChicagoWolves1

AHL Ticket Prices

I go to the Wolves games and the $50 is for first row along the glass. I think prices here are fair overall. It ranges from the $50 down to I think $16 for the upper reaches. Good product and good show for the money. They could probably give a bit better deal on the ticket prices and parking given that the tried and true fans come in at about 4-5000 per game in an arena that seats around 17000+. Given the cost of sporting events and concerts though, I think AHL fans have it fair overall.

ChicagoWolves1 is offline   Reply With Quote