HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weiss wants to stay article!

Old
10-30-2010, 05:04 AM
RoadDoggFL

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Lame attempt to blast a fan base whose team has failed to make the playoffs for the last decade. How DARE they demand, request really, players come out and play with their heart and soul every single game. How DARE they they demand that players not give up long before the season's over. Yeah, just terrible.

You don't 'turn' on players like Weiss who bleed Panther colors, come out to play every game, and do what's asked of them. Giving up on the team/floating is completely different from going through rough patches. Every player goes through those.
The team was playing its heart out and the crybabies were in full force.

Swing and a miss.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
Optimistic Post of the Year?
Well I'm tired of all the weap-a-thons everyone has on here about the Panthers and how lousy the organization is and for some reason putting down our players for wanting to play in S.Fla compared to somewhere's else. Does it really upset people on here when players like Weiss, or Booth, Vokoun, Gudbranson or any others when they want to bring that success here and not do a Bouwmeester and weasle their way out of town?

Last edited by Pantherfan12: 10-30-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
The team was playing its heart out and the crybabies were in full force.

Swing and a miss.
Yeah, all those years with Nate, Olli, Bouw, etc., they sure were.

Recently? Top line didn't do much, and our record's what right now? hmmmm...

10-30-2010, 08:06 PM
RoadDoggFL

Quote:
Yeah, all those years with Nate, Olli, Bouw, etc., they sure were.

Recently? Top line didn't do much, and our record's what right now? hmmmm...
The point is that the fans don't have a problem with the team not giving effort, so presenting the argument as though that's all it is is disingenuous. Winning also isn't good enough since people complain when the wins aren't up to snuff. It's not about playing well or winning, because if it was either the good losses or bad wins would silence most.

Just saying, if the expectation is a team that compete every night and wins most night, why lie and say that all you want to see is some effort?

Old
10-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Erick*

Quote:
The point is that the fans don't have a problem with the team not giving effort, so presenting the argument as though that's all it is is disingenuous. Winning also isn't good enough since people complain when the wins aren't up to snuff. It's not about playing well or winning, because if it was either the good losses or bad wins would silence most.

Just saying, if the expectation is a team that compete every night and wins most night, why lie and say that all you want to see is some effort?
I've never seen a Panthers fan complain about wins.

It's funny though because what you're saying occurs with, uh, every fanbase. And if one fanbase should have the right to criticize it's this one.

You're just rambling on about a lot of nothing.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:

can't make heads or tails out of this post, at all, sorry. Just don't know what you're you're trying to say.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 08:45 PM
RoadDoggFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I've never seen a Panthers fan complain about wins.

It's funny though because what you're saying occurs with, uh, every fanbase. And if one fanbase should have the right to criticize it's this one.

You're just rambling on about a lot of nothing.
No. I pointed out that it'll be interesting to see how Weiss' loyalty holds up to a fanbase that turns on him. Laus seems to have a problem with that, and noted the team's lack of effort. I noted the presence of crying even when the team plays well. Laus brought up the team's history. I clarified my point.

Now your point seems to be that if other fanbases are allowed to be hypocrites, so are we. All I'm saying is that if your problem with the team isn't just that the effort isn't there, don't pretend that it is.

Old
10-30-2010, 09:06 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 605
I really hope he stays with us. He wants to be here for the long run and I want to see him wear the "C" at some point, I think he's earned it. He ideally will be an awesome second line center once we get a legit first liner.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
No. I pointed out that it'll be interesting to see how Weiss' loyalty holds up to a fanbase that turns on him. Laus seems to have a problem with that, and noted the team's lack of effort. I noted the presence of crying even when the team plays well. Laus brought up the team's history. I clarified my point.

Now your point seems to be that if other fanbases are allowed to be hypocrites, so are we. All I'm saying is that if your problem with the team isn't just that the effort isn't there, don't pretend that it is.
What are you talking about??? Who complains with a win? Are all wins perfect? Do things still need to be changed? Were Weiss and Frolik playing well a few games in? No, they weren't, so calling out their play for a rough stretch means we're turning on him? Nope, not at all, a rough stretch is a rough stretch.

I called out guys who left that I didn't like, which is where I really think you were going with your comments. If I'm wrong, sorry.

Really just think you tried taking a shot at a few us here, but it just doesn't work. Now you're just trying to save face, but it's not working.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 09:28 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 605
Quote:

This ain't Toronto or Montreal. All will be well in a few more games.
Half of our fanbase doesn't know !@#$ about hockey and the other half knows enough to know that this guy is a keeper.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Erick*

Quote:
No. I pointed out that it'll be interesting to see how Weiss' loyalty holds up to a fanbase that turns on him.
Panthers players have left for a lot of reasons.
The fanbase turning on them never seems to be one of them.

It seems like you're arguing for the sake of arguing.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 01:44 AM
RoadDoggFL

Quote:
What are you talking about??? Who complains with a win? Are all wins perfect? Do things still need to be changed? Were Weiss and Frolik playing well a few games in? No, they weren't, so calling out their play for a rough stretch means we're turning on him? Nope, not at all, a rough stretch is a rough stretch.

I called out guys who left that I didn't like, which is where I really think you were going with your comments. If I'm wrong, sorry.

Really just think you tried taking a shot at a few us here, but it just doesn't work. Now you're just trying to save face, but it's not working.
My first post was just an off-hand comment. It's eas(y/ier) to be loyal when you're at least wanted, I'm not saying anyone's turned his back on Weiss but is it that much of a stretch? There are fans that think Vokoun is a bum, that somehow there are dozens of better goalies out there, so I didn't think it'd be that big a deal to throw that out there.

As for complaining about wins, it was a common theme during playoff runs. The team sucked, wins were only going to last so long because of x, y and z. If the response is just a claim of ignorance then ok, I just remember differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Panthers players have left for a lot of reasons.
The fanbase turning on them never seems to be one of them.

It seems like you're arguing for the sake of arguing.
I didn't say he'd be another player to leave because the fans turned on him, just noting that he's loyal to the team for some reason and it'll be interesting to see how that holds up if he becomes a scapegoat.

I'm not even arguing about my initial post, just about my intentions being misconstrued.

Old
10-31-2010, 07:27 AM
harv3317

why would a vet in the prime of his career want to play for this team other then the weather and lack of notoriety and less pressure. vets want to win not rebuild for the umpteenth time!!! this org has showed to have constant turnover of players and adm., not treated players well, been a consistent loser and bottom feeder!! vets have wanted out, luongo, bouw, horton, etc. this org has traded players like hagman, boyle, straka, huselius, etc for picks. most trades have been lopsided on the other end. sure it's a new regime, but what vet who has other alternatives would want to go through another rebuilding few years to be competitive? a lazy one, possibly over paid with few, or no other options!!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 09:11 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
why would a vet in the prime of his career want to play for this team other then the weather and lack of notoriety and less pressure. vets want to win not rebuild for the umpteenth time!!! this org has showed to have constant turnover of players and adm., not treated players well, been a consistent loser and bottom feeder!! vets have wanted out, luongo, bouw, horton, etc. this org has traded players like hagman, boyle, straka, huselius, etc for picks. most trades have been lopsided on the other end. sure it's a new regime, but what vet who has other alternatives would want to go through another rebuilding few years to be competitive? a lazy one, possibly over paid with few, or no other options!!!!
Or maybe he's very loyal and wants to win with the team that drafted him?

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 10:17 AM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Or maybe he's very loyal and wants to win with the team that drafted him?
If he plans to stay or team plans to keep him and team doesn't have plans for playoffs, Weiss will take Olli's record (games without playoffs) by the end of the 2014 season (if he plays all the games).

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
If he plans to stay or team plans to keep him and team doesn't have plans for playoffs, Weiss will take Olli's record (games without playoffs) by the end of the 2014 season (if he plays all the games).

JOL
Maybe he doesn't care, maybe he wants to be here when this thing turns around.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 11:56 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Maybe he doesn't care, maybe he wants to be here when this thing turns around.
Thats what it is. Players all the time say one thing, yet do another, but you can see that Weiss is different. While the guy doesnt have the skillset that Yzerman had, you can see why the comparisons were made. We keep talking about how players from this team leave and tend to perform better when surrounded by better talent. Well why cant that happen here? What happens if we get a Hopkins or Couturier in the draft, and then Tallon goes out and adds some pieces via trade and/or free agency? Do you not think that that could have an effect on Weiss here? We are going to have a much different team this time next season, and while it will probably be a young team, it will also be one of the most talented teams we have seen this team ice in some time. That is of course we get lucky during next summers draft. You have seen the effect young, top line prospects do to other teams, and it can/will happen here.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote