HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Games Around The League II

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Devils

My favorite tweet of the day:

Quote:
127 Hours is a movie about a guy who amputates his own arm to escape an awful situation. Do NOT let Ilya Kovalchuk see this movie.

Old
11-05-2010, 09:41 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

2-0 Dallas over PHX.

Old
11-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
2-0 Dallas over PHX.
WTF is up with Dallas? They just keep scoring, it's now 3-0.

Old
11-05-2010, 10:00 PM
damacles1156

I love how The Rangers Blew past Kovi on a power play; netted a shorty, and sealed the Game. All because 100M man didn't want to back check or at least try.

People really wanted this guy ?

Old
11-05-2010, 10:01 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Its the Marc Crawford Express!!!

People get ready there's a train a comin you don't need no tickets you just get on board.....

Don't worry, remember, the wheels will fall off around mid December.

Old
11-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I love how The Rangers Blew past Kovi on a power play; netted a shorty, and sealed the Game. All because 100M man didn't want to back check or at least try.

It was all a ploy to get Mitchell to sign in LA.

Old
11-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Its the Marc Crawford Express!!!

People get ready there's a train a comin you don't need no tickets you just get on board.....

Don't worry, remember, the wheels will fall off around mid December.
5-1 Dallas at the end of 2.

Old
11-06-2010, 12:26 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

i can see in my mind Brad Richards shaking a pair of dice in his hands sayin "Come on turds, daddy needs a new 7ml per deal".

Old
11-06-2010, 12:26 AM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post

Go to the devils board...they want to string him up already. They are mistaken if they think he is the problem. They have no pmd to get the puck to kovy.

With their cap situation some of them think Lou can make moves.... If there is any gm in the league with no leverage, it's Lou right now. If they are gonna want to trade, all the other gms are gonna try and fleece Lou.

"if we can get rid of rolston" is probably the most comical "if" that floats around.

Old
11-06-2010, 12:38 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
Go to the devils board...they want to string him up already. They are mistaken if they think he is the problem. They have no pmd to get the puck to kovy.

With their cap situation some of them think Lou can make moves.... If there is any gm in the league with no leverage, it's Lou right now. If they are gonna want to trade, all the other gms are gonna try and fleece Lou.

"if we can get rid of rolston" is probably the most comical "if" that floats around.
That is one of the funniest things I read on any of these boards. The Devils do actually think that there is some team out there that is dumb enough to take Rolston and his waaaaaay over the top contract off of their hands. The only reason for doing that would be to help out the Devils and why would anyone want to do that?

Lou (via his owner) is painted perfectly into a corner and now can either step down or ride it out. The shame is that LL is one of hockeys all time greats and it will blow if this is his legacy imo. I was talking with this guy who pays extremely close attention to the entire devils org but particular attention to their minor league and they said that the only way that they could really see the team getting out from under this is by either making a blockbuster deal which is unlikely as it would probably leave the team in a rebuilding mode or by overpaying to move additional players.

I mentioned that they have the "encouragement" option where they might encourage a player or two to retire and give them management jobs where there is no cap in order to pay them off (collusion but its been done). I was told that anything is possible.

The Devils are hoping to hang tough this year and then have the cap space needed when certain players come off the books this coming off season and that they feel that in a worse case scenario that they will be able to do a mini or quick rebuild but who knows.

Old
11-06-2010, 02:04 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
That is one of the funniest things I read on any of these boards. The Devils do actually think that there is some team out there that is dumb enough to take Rolston and his waaaaaay over the top contract off of their hands. The only reason for doing that would be to help out the Devils and why would anyone want to do that?

Lou (via his owner) is painted perfectly into a corner and now can either step down or ride it out. The shame is that LL is one of hockeys all time greats and it will blow if this is his legacy imo. I was talking with this guy who pays extremely close attention to the entire devils org but particular attention to their minor league and they said that the only way that they could really see the team getting out from under this is by either making a blockbuster deal which is unlikely as it would probably leave the team in a rebuilding mode or by overpaying to move additional players.

I mentioned that they have the "encouragement" option where they might encourage a player or two to retire and give them management jobs where there is no cap in order to pay them off (collusion but its been done). I was told that anything is possible.

The Devils are hoping to hang tough this year and then have the cap space needed when certain players come off the books this coming off season and that they feel that in a worse case scenario that they will be able to do a mini or quick rebuild but who knows.
Unless they have a couple stud Defensive prospects ready like right now, They are screwed. And when are they ever going to get Marty B a proper back up...

Old
11-06-2010, 04:38 AM
Cruel11

Devils fans are irritated that Kovalchuk is not being productive. pfftt

Old
11-06-2010, 10:43 AM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post

He is not THE problem but he is a big problem in a few ways 1) he does nor play any semblance of a checking game was very clear at the game saturday,he forechecked about 2 shifts in the first per. and then nothing 2) hr plays a "ole" defence stlye and circles back and waits at the blueline for a cherry pick while the opponents buzz MB and w/o a PMD he is nor getting that pass 3) and in this case not his fault just fact that his contract put them over the cap and will cost at least 2 longtime devils there jobs and with the team having a few NMC/NTC vets no one can be sure who will go, can't be the same sellout for the team happy locker room it has been for the decade and a half. This might be why both LL and DL weren't really sure they wanted this guy. Strange how things go sometimes

Old
11-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

“Yeah, but I’ve got 15 years to make an impression,” Kovalchuk said. “It doesn’t have to be right away.”

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...ay_have_1.html

Old
11-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Haik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
“Yeah, but I’ve got 15 years to make an impression,” Kovalchuk said. “It doesn’t have to be right away.”

“Then again if we don’t pick it up this year,” he(Brodeur) laughed, “we might have a great pick next year.”

LOL Sounds like their attitude is the same off the ice as it is on the ice.

Old
11-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Shellz

Quote:

What the ****.

What in the hell kind of attitude is that??!

Old
11-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Cruel11

Quote:

Oh snap! I honestly thought this was a fake quote so I clicked on the link. Lol...take your time Kovalchuk

Old
11-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Damn ... if we Kings fans weren't so BUTT HURT (as NJ fans keep telling us ) about not signing Kovi ... I might actually think that was funny ... and feel bad for NJ fans ... maybe, sorta, kinda ... pass the Preparation H ... to NJ fans !

Last edited by Puck U: 11-06-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old
11-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯Until April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
“Then again if we don’t pick it up this year,” he(Brodeur) laughed, “we might have a great pick next year.”

Holy crap, is all this for real??

Man, that organization is in more trouble than I thought...

Old
11-06-2010, 03:46 PM
wicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post

Holy... That can't be a real quote from Brodeur. Seriously.

Old
11-06-2010, 03:48 PM
yankeeking

if they hadn't been such ass's after the signing i would feel bad for them but they were so piss on e'm ......when they right thee ship they will be in everyone'face again u can bet on it.......it is funny that one team has so much hate for ranger fan,flyer fan ,us and the isle fan can you think of any other site that is so hostile to so many

Old
11-06-2010, 03:57 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed Whale 2013 View Post
we all know that never lasts
I don't know if it will last, but their team is very similar to ours right now. Young, good defense, excellent goaltending, scoring by committee, and undefeated at home.

Old
11-06-2010, 04:03 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
And the _evils get shut out again, 3-0 this time.
Luckily for them though, they have a game breaker in the lineup.

Old
11-06-2010, 04:17 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I think most would agree with him. Kovalchuk is a 1 trick pony(albeit he's really good at it), but Parise is a 30-40 goal guy and one of the best two-way forwards in the game.
He said "by far." That's the part that made it sound like a bit of an insult.

I just think there's got to be a little resentment towards Kovalchuk in the locker room right now. It's kind of inevitable.

Elias after last nights game:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrik Elias
“You’re within two goals. You’re still right there,” left wing Patrik Elias said. “And the PK and the penalties. I understand everybody wants to try hard, but I don’t give a (expletive) if you want to fight someone. We’ve got to win to win hockey games.”
Although he went on to say he wasn't pointing the finger at anyone in particular, it sure sounds like he was referencing Kovalchuk's elbowing penalty.

Old
11-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯Until April

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
He said "by far." That's the part that made it sound like a bit of an insult.

I just think there's got to be a little resentment towards Kovalchuk in the locker room right now. It's kind of inevitable.

Elias after last nights game: Although he went on to say he wasn't pointing the finger at anyone in particular, it sure sounds like he was referencing Kovalchuk's elbowing penalty.
Sounds like a lot of frustration...think any players are ready to punch their tickets out of town??

I'd love to see Patrik Elias with Kopitar for a cheap price

But good god, what a rough time to be a devils fan

Closed Thread