HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott-edm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-29-2010, 11:37 AM
  #26
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,534
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by karzanPalani View Post


I'd honestly not trade Hallsy alone for both of them


Stop with these brutal proposals, Ebs,Hallsy & Paajarvi are not being traded period.
Then you're crazy. Hall has one goal, Spezza is a PPG career player in both the regular season and playoffs, and Karlsson is already at least as good or better than Taylor 'one goal' Hall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
The Oilers (almost) arguably got a better player in Heatley for Cogs Penner and Smid, huge no.
If you think Heatley is a better player than Spezza, you either have no hockey sense, or haven't seen enough of either of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Ottawa is trading the two players with the most value in the deal Edmonton takes this and runs so fast they set a new land speed record.
This, and fixed.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 11:39 AM
  #27
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,202
vCash: 500
Huge no. Karlsson and Spezza go nowhere - and please...leave us alone.

SpezDispenser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 11:43 AM
  #28
MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
 
MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ====█|-
Posts: 13,582
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Then you're crazy. Hall has one goal, Spezza is a PPG career player in both the regular season and playoffs, and Karlsson is already at least as good or better than Taylor 'one goal' Hall.


If you think Heatley is a better player than Spezza, you either have no hockey sense, or haven't seen enough of either of them.



This, and fixed.
Doesn't matter if he has one goal he has more value than anybody on your team now & forever he's just 18 & franchise type player.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Huge no. Karlsson and Spezza go nowhere - and please...leave us alone.
Pretty sure it was a Sens fan that started this thread.

MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 11:43 AM
  #29
Ghostbuster
Registered User
 
Ghostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,026
vCash: 500
Huge ****ing no from Edmonton.

Penner+Gagner>Spezza.
Spezza is a bum. Soft as a butterfly, I'd rather have Gagner going forward. Cap hits considered. Penner is a bum as well though.

Eberle>Karlsson. We have 3 offensive defensemen. 1 one which is better than Karlsson (Whitney). No need for another offensive d-men. We need tough ass shutdown guy, something Karlssons not.

Smid>Lee. Smid's our toughest D-man on a very soft team, why we trade him for a more offensive guy when we already have offensive guys is beyond me.

Kelly? Leftovers?

You guys keep your junk, we'll keep ours and watch our rebuild continue. I'm sick of these Ott/Edm proposals.

Ghostbuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 11:50 AM
  #30
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Huge ****ing no from Edmonton.

Penner+Gagner>Spezza.
Spezza is a bum. Soft as a butterfly, I'd rather have Gagner going forward. Cap hits considered. Penner is a bum as well though.

Eberle>Karlsson. We have 3 offensive defensemen. 1 one which is better than Karlsson (Whitney). No need for another offensive d-men. We need tough ass shutdown guy, something Karlssons not.

Smid>Lee. Smid's our toughest D-man on a very soft team, why we trade him for a more offensive guy when we already have offensive guys is beyond me.

Kelly? Leftovers?

You guys keep your junk, we'll keep ours and watch our rebuild continue. I'm sick of these Ott/Edm proposals.
You lost me there, Spezza is what Gagner dreams to become, a #1 center.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 11:52 AM
  #31
Ghostbuster
Registered User
 
Ghostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
You lost me there, Spezza is what Gagner dreams to become, a #1 center.
Read the next 3 words.

Ghostbuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 11:54 AM
  #32
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Then you're crazy. Hall has one goal, Spezza is a PPG career player in both the regular season and playoffs, and Karlsson is already at least as good or better than Taylor 'one goal' Hall.
Spezza also has one goal, he sucks too I guess.

How is Karlsson better than Hall? Don't tell me you wouldn't trade Karlsson for Hall straight up?



Quote:
If you think Heatley is a better player than Spezza, you either have no hockey sense, or haven't seen enough of either of them.
Just looking at stats alone Heatley has the better career thus far.

This, and fixed. [/QUOTE]

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 11:55 AM
  #33
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Read the next 3 words.
You pay the big bucks to have talent like Spezza on your team.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 11:56 AM
  #34
bdp
Registered User
 
bdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
lol, you guys really want Karlsson don't you? He's not going anywhere.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 12:00 PM
  #35
Ghostbuster
Registered User
 
Ghostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
You pay the big bucks to have talent like Spezza on your team.
You don't pay big bucks to a player like that during a rebuild...

With this deal you're just chasing star players. Haven't you learned from Kevin Lowe?

Ghostbuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 12:01 PM
  #36
Coco the Monkey*
T-Bone!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Spezza also has one goal, he sucks too I guess.

How is Karlsson better than Hall? Don't tell me you wouldn't trade Karlsson for Hall straight up?





Just looking at stats alone Heatley has the better career thus far.

This, and fixed.
[/QUOTE]

Hell yes I'd trade Karlsson for Hall!

Coco the Monkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 12:07 PM
  #37
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
You don't pay big bucks to a player like that during a rebuild...

With this deal you're just chasing star players. Haven't you learned from Kevin Lowe?
Yes but Spezza is still young to be part of the core. Gagner really doesn't have a future here unless he steps his game up.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 12:22 PM
  #38
Wondercarrot
Classless
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,171
vCash: 500
Sure, here is out best offensive player and one of the best in the league and the guy who will possibly the best defenceman we've ever had. Not to mention Kelly is a perfect 3rd line center for us, although that's marginal compared to the other 2.

lets send them to edmonton for a small underachieving center, a big lazy floater with half a good season under his belt who is a UFA next year, a defenceman (where we are very deep with very good high end prospects) and 1 very good young player.

This is a joke, a there is no chance ottawa even considers it. We're sending you the best player in the deal by a mile and IMO the 2nd best player in the deal as well.

Frankly, this a joke for ottawa and im appalled a sens fan would suggest it.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 12:26 PM
  #39
MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
 
MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ====█|-
Posts: 13,582
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Sure, here is out best offensive player and one of the best in the league and the guy who will possibly the best defenceman we've ever had. Not to mention Kelly is a perfect 3rd line center for us, although that's marginal compared to the other 2.

lets send them to edmonton for a small underachieving center, a big lazy floater with half a good season under his belt who is a UFA next year, a defenceman (where we are very deep with very good high end prospects) and 1 very good young player.

This is a joke, a there is no chance ottawa even considers it. We're sending you the best player in the deal by a mile and IMO the 2nd best player in the deal as well.

Frankly, this a joke for ottawa and im appalled a sens fan would suggest it.


Totally a joke post, your GM is in love with Penner, your team is fully load of floaters so why are you even calling Penner a floater

Edit: not to mention he had 7 more goals than anybody on your team last year


Last edited by MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE: 10-29-2010 at 12:36 PM.
MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 12:27 PM
  #40
Ghostbuster
Registered User
 
Ghostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Yes but Spezza is still young to be part of the core. Gagner really doesn't have a future here unless he steps his game up.
He's 27 and will be over 30 and leaving his prime by the time we're ready to compete. Not to mention that albatross of a contract will conflict with re-signings of Hall/MPS/Eberle plus another possible lottery pick player or two. Gagner will just be entering his prime when we're ready to compete.

This isn't a move a rebuilding team takes. It's a dumb move that a playoff bubble team makes.

Gagner doesn't have a future here? He's a whopping 10 months older than Eberle. He's shown enough so far this season to be a 2nd liner on a good team.

For a rebuild, theres no question I would take Gagner over Spezza on my first line. Whats the point of Spezza getting the extra 30 points and helping us get higher in the standings?

You sure didn't see Chicago trade all their prospects during a struggle during their rebuild for inflated contracts.

Ghostbuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 12:45 PM
  #41
Wondercarrot
Classless
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
You don't pay big bucks to a player like that during a rebuild...


that makes no sense, it might make sense if he were 33 years old, but he's not he's 27 and with a half decent offseason the rebuild will be mostly done, all we'll be waiting for is the emergence of Cowen, Weircoch, Runblad and Gryba. all of whom will be likely ready for next year.

We need a goalie and a high end winger, we can address both in the offseason and even the offseason after that in UFA or trades, we have piles of cap room and lots of cheap ELC starting next year.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 12:52 PM
  #42
Ghostbuster
Registered User
 
Ghostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
that makes no sense, it might make sense if he were 33 years old, but he's not he's 27 and with a half decent offseason the rebuild will be mostly done, all we'll be waiting for is the emergence of Cowen, Weircoch, Runblad and Gryba. all of whom will be likely ready for next year.
No quick fixes for a rebuild, ours is going to take time.

Ghostbuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 01:09 PM
  #43
Wondercarrot
Classless
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by karzanPalani View Post


Totally a joke post, your GM is in love with Penner, your team is fully load of floaters so why are you even calling Penner a floater

Edit: not to mention he had 7 more goals than anybody on your team last year

Fine keep him then, we. do . not. want. him.
the fact that every edmonton deal from edmonton fans includes Penner tells me everything that the stats sheet and my own eyes tell me when i watch him.
Huge guy who plays like he's a buck eighty, although when there is a blue moon he plays lights out.

id be interested in how many times you've spoken to Murray about Penner.

and our team is loaded with floaters? our floater Kovalev has more points than your floater so suck it.
you want to trade Penner for Kovalev? fine i guess id do that.
Alfie, Spezza, Fisher, Michalek, Regin, Foligno, Kelly, Neil, Winchester, Smith, Shannon, Karlsson, Phillips, Gonchar, Carkner, Hale, Campoli.

not a single floater among them. Kovalev is the only one you could consider in that light and again he has more points than the giant sack of crap from your team.

thanks for coming out.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 01:14 PM
  #44
Wondercarrot
Classless
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
No quick fixes for a rebuild, ours is going to take time.
ours is almost done, all we have to do is be patient over the next couple of years as our 21 year olds settle into the NHL.
Again, a goalie to tide us over until Lehner is ready and an elite top line forward.
that's all we need.

and we'll have done it, and be contenders all without having to dwell in the cellar of the NHL like the Oilers did for 4 years.

Dont get me wrong, id be very excited to be an oiler fan, tons of great young talent to compliment guys like Hemsky and Penner - they are going to be really fun to watch for the next bunch of years as the all come together.
There is more than one way to skin a cat though.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 01:23 PM
  #45
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
ours is almost done, all we have to do is be patient over the next couple of years as our 21 year olds settle into the NHL.
Again, a goalie to tide us over until Lehner is ready and an elite top line forward.
that's all we need.

and we'll have done it, and be contenders all without having to dwell in the cellar of the NHL like the Oilers did for 4 years.

Dont get me wrong, id be very excited to be an oiler fan, tons of great young talent to compliment guys like Hemsky and Penner - they are going to be really fun to watch for the next bunch of years as the all come together.
There is more than one way to skin a cat though.
Your setting yourself up to either:

Look arrogant and wrong.

Or.

Just look arrogant.

Who taught you to communicate this way?

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 01:53 PM
  #46
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,534
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
He's 27 and will be over 30 and leaving his prime by the time we're ready to compete. Not to mention that albatross of a contract will conflict with re-signings of Hall/MPS/Eberle plus another possible lottery pick player or two. Gagner will just be entering his prime when we're ready to compete.

This isn't a move a rebuilding team takes. It's a dumb move that a playoff bubble team makes.

Gagner doesn't have a future here? He's a whopping 10 months older than Eberle. He's shown enough so far this season to be a 2nd liner on a good team.

For a rebuild, theres no question I would take Gagner over Spezza on my first line. Whats the point of Spezza getting the extra 30 points and helping us get higher in the standings?

You sure didn't see Chicago trade all their prospects during a struggle during their rebuild for inflated contracts.
Its really funny hearing an Edmonton fan talking of albatross contracts... *cough* Horcoff *cough* Penner *cough* (I fail to see how half a good season changes Oil fans from hating his contract to suddenly he's one of the best power forwards in the league...).

As for Spezza's contract, you pay for the elite players in this league. On the other hand, using your 'logic', its a good thing you don't have that Ovechkin guy... he's the HIGHEST paid player in the league... what a bad contract...

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:05 PM
  #47
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post
Where's Hall? If I'm giving up Spezza and Karlsson, I'm getting Hall.
No way you get Hall in that package. Just sayin.

Neither team even considers this.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:07 PM
  #48
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Its really funny hearing an Edmonton fan talking of albatross contracts... *cough* Horcoff *cough* Penner *cough* (I fail to see how half a good season changes Oil fans from hating his contract to suddenly he's one of the best power forwards in the league...).

As for Spezza's contract, you pay for the elite players in this league. On the other hand, using your 'logic', its a good thing you don't have that Ovechkin guy... he's the HIGHEST paid player in the league... what a bad contract...
Horcoff's contract is one of the worst in the league. Spezza's is pretty high too. The Oil wouldn't take a contract of Spezza's size unless it gets them a top ten player in the NHL. Spezza isn't one. Penner's contract isn't bad at all. If you think it is, you need to pay attention more, so you can understand the game he brings.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:13 PM
  #49
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Fine keep him then, we. do . not. want. him. If Penner was actually available, Murray would be on him like Britney Spears on a ****. Your. GM. Loves. Dustin. Penner.
the fact that every edmonton deal from edmonton fans includes Penner tells me everything that the stats sheet and my own eyes tell me when i watch him.No, Penner is in deals because we have two future studs on LW, and need a top line center, and a top end d-prospect for the rebuild.
Huge guy who plays like he's a buck eighty, although when there is a blue moon he plays lights out. Watch him in front of the net and on the boards. Nobody who is 180 can do what he does there.

id be interested in how many times you've spoken to Murray about Penner. He signed him as a UFA out of college, tried to trade him for Heatley, and there were rumors about him asking about Penner's services last season. He loves Penner.

and our team is loaded with floaters? our floater Kovalev has more points than your floater so suck it. Your team is loaded with floaters. No need to get defensive
you want to trade Penner for Kovalev? fine i guess id do that. Naw, we're rebuilding properly here, no need for old guys who don't care about their job
Alfie, Spezza, Fisher, Michalek, Regin, Foligno, Kelly, Neil, Winchester, Smith, Shannon, Karlsson, Phillips, Gonchar, Carkner, Hale, Campoli.

not a single floater among them. Kovalev is the only one you could consider in that light and again he has more points than the giant sack of crap from your team. The bolded ones above are the guys who have been accused of floating in the past, or who could be considered floaters now. And who had more points over 82 games last year? That's right, Penner.

thanks for coming out.
Lol. Everything about this post is wrong.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:55 PM
  #50
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,534
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Horcoff's contract is one of the worst in the league. Spezza's is pretty high too. The Oil wouldn't take a contract of Spezza's size unless it gets them a top ten player in the NHL. Spezza isn't one. Penner's contract isn't bad at all. If you think it is, you need to pay attention more, so you can understand the game he brings.
I'm pretty sure that Penner's game hasnt changed since before last season started, and before last season started, Oil fans wanted rid of him and his contract. The only thing that's changed is, you guessed it, half a good season.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.