HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ott-edm

Old
10-29-2010, 03:00 PM
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Fine keep him then, we. do . not. want. him.
the fact that every edmonton deal from edmonton fans includes Penner tells me everything that the stats sheet and my own eyes tell me when i watch him.
Huge guy who plays like he's a buck eighty, although when there is a blue moon he plays lights out.

id be interested in how many times you've spoken to Murray about Penner.

and our team is loaded with floaters? our floater Kovalev has more points than your floater so suck it.
you want to trade Penner for Kovalev? fine i guess id do that.
Alfie, Spezza, Fisher, Michalek, Regin, Foligno, Kelly, Neil, Winchester, Smith, Shannon, Karlsson, Phillips, Gonchar, Carkner, Hale, Campoli.

not a single floater among them. Kovalev is the only one you could consider in that light and again he has more points than the giant sack of crap from your team.

thanks for coming out.
Lot's of name calling on Penner here I mean don't you think so it's crazy because if he was on your team last year he'd be leading them in Goals & 2nd in pts so what does that say about your team if Penner is a Floater? giant sack of crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Its really funny hearing an Edmonton fan talking of albatross contracts... *cough* Horcoff *cough* Penner *cough* (I fail to see how half a good season changes Oil fans from hating his contract to suddenly he's one of the best power forwards in the league...).

As for Spezza's contract, you pay for the elite players in this league. On the other hand, using your 'logic', its a good thing you don't have that Ovechkin guy... he's the HIGHEST paid player in the league... what a bad contract...
What?

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Bileur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Lol. Everything about this post is wrong.
You are going to have trouble finding posters on the sens board who like Campoli and particularly Shannon less than I do, I have said many times we should have let them walk and signed Sutton. That being said if you think Ryan Shannon is a floater you clearly do not watch him play. The guy is a waterbug and skates all over the ice.

Campoli is not a floater, he's not a great defenseman but it's not from lack of effort.

Michalek is very far from being a floater, honestly your post makes no sense.

Spezza does float at times, i'll definitely give you that one.

Gonchar is not really a floater, he will at times but seems to have been giving good effort this season. Bad defensive coverage =/= floating.

Our team is not full of floaters, we might have one of the top 3 in the league in Kovalev, but our team actually has tons of hardworking types.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 1967
Why is every ****ing Spezza proposal with Edmonton or Calgary?

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:12 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
Why is every ****ing Spezza proposal with Edmonton or Calgary?
Clearly it's because he's a bum and they're just trying to be nice and do us a favour. Our team's main problem is a clear lack of lunch-bucket types and an overabundance of talented types.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:24 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that Penner's game hasnt changed since before last season started, and before last season started, Oil fans wanted rid of him and his contract. The only thing that's changed is, you guessed it, half a good season.
No, he changed his game a lot. He has become a lot more defensively reliable, and is stronger on the puck. Not to mention confidence, which was his biggest problem under MacTavish. I liked MacT as a coach, but he mishandled Penner, he wanted him to play like Shanahan or Neely, but that isn't his game, and MacT punished Penner for it, rather than taking advantage of his size and style of play. Quinn used Penner better, which is why his numbers bounced back up. Remember, Penner had 29 goals as a rookie, that doesn't happen accidentally. You can't just let 29 pucks bounce in off of you, regardless of who you play with. Hate Penner all you want, we'll just keep him. He is working out well for us anyway, and at almost half the cost of Spezza, I think the Oilers would be losing a Penner/Gagner - Spezza deal anyway.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 05:17 PM
GoldenTicket

vCash: 50
Quote:
Then you're crazy. Hall has one goal, Spezza is a PPG career player in both the regular season and playoffs, and Karlsson is already at least as good or better than Taylor 'one goal' Hall.

If you think Heatley is a better player than Spezza, you either have no hockey sense, or haven't seen enough of either of them.

This, and fixed.
Spezza had 21 points as a rookie. Hall will blow him out of the water this year and every comparable year afterward.

GoldenTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Stassino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus PI View Post
Spezza had 21 points as a rookie. Hall will blow him out of the water this year and every comparable year afterward.
You're dumb

He got 21 pts in 33 GP.. yeah thats really bad

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 06:18 PM
GoldenTicket

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
You're dumb

He got 21 pts in 33 GP.. yeah thats really bad
Why did he only play 33 games?

GoldenTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Ottawa is trading the two players with the most value in the deal Edmonton takes this and runs.
and have over 12 million tied up in horcoff and spezza down the middle, the same spezza who cant handle the pressure in ottawa but would somehow be able to in edmonton where it will be ten times as worse because of that contract and trading eberle.

edmonton doesnt take this and run they turn it down so in 3 years we can actually re-sign our players

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Yes but Spezza is still young to be part of the core. Gagner really doesn't have a future here unless he steps his game up.
serious?

Old
10-29-2010, 06:26 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

WARNING:

Just because wilfred claims he is a Sens fan DOES NOT mean he actually knows anything about our players.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 06:27 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Lol, I bet you looked up his stats and saw 21 points then ran to this site as fast as you can to post it, ignoring the part where it mentions he played only 33 games.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Fine keep him then, we. do . not. want. him.
the fact that every edmonton deal from edmonton fans includes Penner tells me everything that the stats sheet and my own eyes tell me when i watch him.
Huge guy who plays like he's a buck eighty, although when there is a blue moon he plays lights out.

id be interested in how many times you've spoken to Murray about Penner.

and our team is loaded with floaters? our floater Kovalev has more points than your floater so suck it.
you want to trade Penner for Kovalev? fine i guess id do that.
Alfie, Spezza, Fisher, Michalek, Regin, Foligno, Kelly, Neil, Winchester, Smith, Shannon, Karlsson, Phillips, Gonchar, Carkner, Hale, Campoli.

not a single floater among them. Kovalev is the only one you could consider in that light and again he has more points than the giant sack of crap from your team.

thanks for coming out.
if all these players are so damn good why is your team below .500 unless someone is floating, especially with nick lidstrom...i mean karlsson in your line up

Old
10-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Jamin

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that Penner's game hasnt changed since before last season started, and before last season started, Oil fans wanted rid of him and his contract. The only thing that's changed is, you guessed it, half a good season.
the way you say you guessed it makes it sound like you think you just burned someone. if spezza gets 5 points in 41 games does his value lower? if you say yes why not its only half a season.

its almost as if players get rated on how they play and if they improve their play their rep improves, thats insane

Old
10-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Stassino

Quote:
Hmm I dunno.. Maybe to play in the AHL for half the year to develop, played 43 games and got 54 pts..

This is what good teams do, we didn't rush our top 3 prospects at the same time this year unlike some other teams.

Old
10-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Stassino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
and have over 12 million tied up in horcoff and spezza down the middle, the same spezza who cant handle the pressure in ottawa but would somehow be able to in edmonton where it will be ten times as worse because of that contract and trading eberle.

edmonton doesnt take this and run they turn it down so in 3 years we can actually re-sign our players
At what point has Spezza not been able to handle the pressure.. He shows up for big games and is lights out in the playoffs.. He was upset at some booing from soem local fans in the off season, big deal who hasn't complained about that at some point, msot people just don't say in front of cameras..

Old
10-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Asquaredx2

I propose that we stop making proposals between Ottawa and Edmonton.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 08:07 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
On pace for over 50 points in his prelockout rookie year. Yeah, I'm sure Hall is really going to blow that out of the water.

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 10:16 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Town View Post
Can I get a hell no from the Sens?

Thanks.
Yeah... can we all just give out a hell no from both sides?

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 10:27 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Because Ottawa was winning the President's Trophy and contending for a Cup, not developing rookies.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 10:41 PM
deanmoriarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
This is what good teams do, we didn't rush our top 3 prospects at the same time this year unlike some other teams.
Yeah that's really worked out well for the Sens eh, with all those championships they're winning these days

deanmoriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 06:54 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmoriarty View Post
Yeah that's really worked out well for the Sens eh, with all those championships they're winning these days
Right back at ya.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 07:20 AM
SensFan26

Quote:
Originally Posted by karzanPalani View Post

I'd honestly not trade Hallsy alone for both of them

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

SensFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 07:31 AM
YoSoGordo

Oilers are rebuilding say it with me r-e-b-u-i-l-d-i-n-g, once we're ready to comptere again spezza will retire. We'd be trading away some of young players, we cant do that

YoSoGordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Stassino

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
On pace for over 50 points in his prelockout rookie year. Yeah, I'm sure Hall is really going to blow that out of the water.
You're comparing Hall to Spezza again? Spezza was a much much much more highly regarded prospect then Hall ever was.. Also very week draft year this year.. hell we gave up our first for a drafted player from the year before, and this is coming from one of the best drafting teams in the NHL..