HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

What teams cap VS lineup rather you have ?

Old
11-04-2010, 01:47 AM
SgtJoseph

vCash: 500
What teams cap VS lineup rather you have ?

I know there are quite a few Homer haters out there, and i am sure a lot of it is in good fun and makes for lively discussion among us who follow the Flyers.....But what other teams Cap situation vs line up would you honestly really have ? I honestly really like this club, i liked last years club as well.
The Shelley move has been a bust, i wish Aaron Asham was still here and i wish Gags was still around, but having said that i think our line up is pretty darn solid, and Homer and his staff should get some serious kudos for finding Bobrovski and signing him sight unseen for the most part.Mezzaros is lookin good, and Odonnel looks like he still has enough in the tank to play solid defense and give some good veteran leadership to our club.
This whole salary cap issue is a really tough gig to sort out for all kinds of reasons, but i think our situation is not bad at all, and i rather be where we are compared to any other club in this league.No matter how you slice it there will always be a lot of room for 2nd guessing how a GM works a cap etc, but overall i like the job our club has done.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 01:53 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

I miss Gagne.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 01:56 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
I miss Gagne.

I do too ! But so far he has not done a lot in Tampa, but he has been injured etc, i expect he will get back to sniping soon, i hope plays well and has a good year, he is on a good young club in Tampa.

Old
11-04-2010, 02:06 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Tampa is in a wonderful position atm IMO they have aging stars to mentor some of there young guys and who still have a lot left in teh tank and they have SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much cap space. If they could pick up a couple young studs with some of there older stars they will be a cup contender soon I believe. Tampa has a birght future in the next couple of years

That being said I love this team and I would not root for any other, I love the players on this team and will support them all whether liked by the club or not

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:06 AM
Sanders418777

I wouldn't give Holmgren too much credit. Every single team knew about Bobrovsky, we probably had the best situation for him though, so he chose us. Teams avoided him in the beginning because he had a contract with the KHL already. Otherwise I think Holmgren has done average with a team that is willing to spend to the cap. Good and bad moves.

Other Roster to Cap teams I like: Kings and Blues

Sanders418777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:26 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders418777 View Post
I wouldn't give Holmgren too much credit. Every single team knew about Bobrovsky, we probably had the best situation for him though, so he chose us. Teams avoided him in the beginning because he had a contract with the KHL already. Otherwise I think Holmgren has done average with a team that is willing to spend to the cap. Good and bad moves.

Other Roster to Cap teams I like: Kings and Blues
I do not doubt most teams knew who Bobrovsky was, but i am curious about what teams he had to choose from that showed interest him ?I still give credit to management for getting the job done and signing him, one of the best signings of any team looking at it now.

Old
11-04-2010, 04:24 AM
mirimon

It must be pretty nice to be GM in Boston at the moment. Sure, they're frustratingly close to the cap, but they've got a bunch of interesting young kids in the minors, Caron seems like a nice catch so far, plus that Kessel trade just keeps on giving.

Next year, Ryder and Sturm will be off the books so they should be able to bolster their defense as well, but they should have plenty of money to do so.

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Seguin-Savard-?
Wheeler-Bergeron-Caron
Paille-Campbell-Marchand
Thornton

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-?
Ference-Hunwick
McQuaid

Thomas
Rask

The next season becomes a little more tricky though with new contracts needed for Krejci and Rask.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote