HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hockeytron.com

Old
03-08-2011, 07:45 PM
WickedWrister

vCash: 500
Hockeytron.com

Have you guys heard/used of this site?

The deals are pretty insane. I'm thinking of purchasing a stick, but have never used this site before so I'm kind of wary about the really good deals.

Is it legit?

http://www.hockeytron.com/

WickedWrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Brodeur

New site that popped up, based in Orange County. The founders seem to have worked for HockeyGiant in the past. The prices don't seem that great on those sticks which are a couple years old.

I bought a intermediate XXV for my friend in Xmas '09 for $60. Couple decent deals on older Reebok blades though.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 08:00 PM
WickedWrister

bought

Last edited by WickedWrister: 03-10-2011 at 01:46 PM.
WickedWrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Jimmy Carter
Avs/Leafs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
New site that popped up, based in Orange County. The founders seem to have worked for HockeyGiant in the past. The prices don't seem that great on those sticks which are a couple years old.

I bought a intermediate XXV for my friend in Xmas '09 for $60. Couple decent deals on older Reebok blades though.
Makes sense, been getting e-mails from this site out of no where and I'm on the e-mail list for HockeyGiant

Jimmy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 08:56 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

I've been getting emails from them nonstop for days now.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

I heard it was started by the guy that started hockey giant. Im not sure how true that is but the site is blowing up.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:39 AM
blueberrydanish

Ya I got a few e-mails from em, was a little confused since I had never heard of them and came outta nowhere so I unsubscribed just in-case...

Just browsin it now and saw these http://www.hockeytron.com/1266dr.html for pretty damn good deal and people always askin for retro style gloves around here. No clue if that brand is any good though.

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Ducksgo*

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWrister View Post
Have you guys heard/used of this site?

The deals are pretty insane. I'm thinking of purchasing a stick, but have never used this site before so I'm kind of wary about the really good deals.

Is it legit?

http://www.hockeytron.com/
Crazy you brought this up....The place is huge much bigger than Hockey Monkey or Hockey Giant. This store is literally the size of a Cosco. The owner is super nice and they dont have 16 year old kids working like Hockey Monkey. No offense.....but I would rather have real advice from someone who has played the game for along time and can offer good customer service.

Anyways, I have purchased multiple sticks here. The Vapors are only 50 bucks for op and other sticks are alot cheaper than any other place i been to. Free skate sharpenings to anyone that walks in is nice as well. Don't have to purchase anything just come in. And the people who sharpen em actually know how to do it correctly unlike some other stores in SoCal.

Give this place a shot, they have a huge inventory to browse through and the prices are a lot cheaper then other stores and sites.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Anubis79

Some of their prices are down right insane, and not in a good way. They also seem to be lacking in a few areas. I'm not sure what sites you look at Ducksgo, but the handfull of products I looked at were either equal or more expensive than the big two I look at for gear.

Anubis79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 11:17 PM
kingscourt26

I bought a pair of skates from them. They were clearance and they only had 1 left in my size. The next day they called me before shipping them and said they didn't have them and offered me another pair of different skates at the same price.

They refunded my money and they seem legit I just think they are getting their feet on the ground still. I didn't know they existed until I checked my spam folder.

kingscourt26 is offline   Reply With Quote