HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cammalleri vs Kessel vs Stewart

View Poll Results: Who would you choose?
M.Cammalleri 49 31.01%
P.Kessel 39 24.68%
C.Stewart 70 44.30%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-30-2010, 11:33 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
I always thought Kessel looked like an amazing player even in his early years. I thought the same about Cammalleri though and wanted us to land him for many years. When we did I was in awe. With Cammalleri we have no need for Kessel, he's a great play but both are great players. I like Cammy more.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 11:39 AM
RNiner

Given that the question is who do you want for the next 5 years, I take Cammy over Kessel. Someone mentioned that Cammy is in his prime while Kessel still has room to improve. I'll take the guy IN HIS PRIME over the guy waiting to get there, thanks. Intangibles ftw. Maybe by the last year of their deals I'll change my mind, but not now.

Stewart over both of course. Kinda laughed that he was in the poll, seemed to me like a "Recchi, Modano or Stamkos?" question.

RNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 12:52 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
As far as i'm concerned Cammalleri is playing like **** this season.He have some points but it's obvious he's sometimes shooting when the pass is clearly the right play especially considering the 2 guys he could pass to are on fire.

I admit I'm probably one of the few habs fan that don't see anything special in that guy.His Hockey IQ is low but he's a good scorer so that,s fine but when he's cold he's beyond useless and decapitate tic tac toe play more often than not by trying to be ''The Goal Scorer''

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 12:55 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
As far as i'm concerned Cammalleri is playing like **** this season.He have some points but it's obvious he's sometimes shooting when the pass is clearly the right play especially considering the 2 guys he could pass to are on fire.

I admit I'm probably one of the few habs fan that don't see anything special in that guy.His Hockey IQ is low but he's a good scorer so that,s fine but when he's cold he's beyond useless and decapitate tic tac toe play more often than not by trying to be ''The Goal Scorer''
I'll admit that you are right he has done that a few times this year, but nobody said the guy was perfect. I think you are being a little too hard on him. He's done a lot of good things on the ice, created space for his line mates, chances were buried by them as a result.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 01:13 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I'll admit that you are right he has done that a few times this year, but nobody said the guy was perfect. I think you are being a little too hard on him. He's done a lot of good things on the ice, created space for his line mates, chances were buried by them as a result.
Probably , but I already admitted not liking the guy.Just always thought there were something wrong or fake about his ''off-ice perfect attitude''.I have no proof or nothing , I just have the feeling he's a jerk and is annoying some players but they endure him because of his status as the star and good guy every fan love.It's completely unreasonnable on my part but that's just my deep feeling so or I lie or I just tell it like I see it.I don't pretend to be sure or nothing.But I'm sure of the on ice plays I described in my last posts.The off ice stuff is maybe completely wrong and good for him if thats the case.

But when 19 out of 20 habs fan like this guy , you sometimes need someone not defending him at every turn and overrating his overall game.

The truth about Cammalleri is that his defense is average at his very very best , his stickhandle is average period , very average , his hockey sense or passing skills less-than-average for 1st liner and his physical play consist of slashing bigger player looking like he has napoleon's complex which leads me to say with the fact he have no letter he lacks leadership skills.His shot is ****ing good and when he make the kind of play that need two or three ''footstep'' ( whats the word? ) and shooting he's one of the best in the league for sure.He's an important player , i'm just tire of the Cammy pimping around here , people need to relax.He's not an amazing talent , he's a good scorer.Nothing more nothing less.

Last edited by BenchBrawl: 10-30-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old
10-30-2010, 03:07 PM
HockeyF3ind

I love Cammy, but I don't think he compares to a Stewart.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:25 PM
HabsHockey

Kessel for me. Nice cap hit and length on contract for a scoring/sniping machine.

HabsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Ncrdrg

Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
I absolutely know nothing about Chris Stewart. Hockeydb says he's a rookie with 14 points in 10 games so he's got to be pretty good. However, it's always possible for a rookie to simply be on a hot streak.

I'd go with Phil Kessel personally. Big, talented and a natural scorer. He's doing damn well with the Leafs and was great with the Bruins. Him and Cammy have the same role. The main difference is that Kessel is taller and bigger.

Ncrdrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 05:35 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrdrg View Post
I absolutely know nothing about Chris Stewart. Hockeydb says he's a rookie with 14 points in 10 games so he's got to be pretty good. However, it's always possible for a rookie to simply be on a hot streak.

I'd go with Phil Kessel personally. Big, talented and a natural scorer. He's doing damn well with the Leafs and was great with the Bruins. Him and Cammy have the same role. The main difference is that Kessel is taller and bigger.
Since when is Phil Kessel big?

Old
10-31-2010, 07:02 AM
BeastScottThornton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrdrg View Post

Stewart isn't a rookie. Put up 64 points last year.

BeastScottThornton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 07:06 AM
Mother Pucker

I love Cammy, but Stewart is complete power forward package.

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 08:21 AM
Ncrdrg

Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDraper View Post
Stewart isn't a rookie. Put up 64 points last year.
My bad.
I just saw 2009-10 Lake Erie Monsters AHL on hockeydb and didn't realize he played most of the year in the NHL.

Ncrdrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 09:28 AM
wedge

Cammalleri is my favorite player on the team, but Stewart produces so much that it would be impossible for me to ignore him.

Kessel on the other hand, meh... I don't like him so much. Probably because he's been a Bruin and a LEaf

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 09:29 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooz1982 View Post
I'm taking Cammy guaranteed! He's an all around leader and will carry a team on his back. Kessel is a little more one dimensional, and Stewart still has some growing to do, but he looks like he may be legit
I like Cam but I'd take Stewart over the next 5 years any day of the week. A true power forward, something the Habs have needed for YEARS!

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 08:58 PM
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I take the guy who score 13 times in PO.Stewart would be real nice with the Gs.
Kessel is a hab killer and is a good player.
I picked Stewart, but Cammy would be 2nd because of this. IMO 13 goals in a playoff run is something that Kessel and Stewart are unlikely to achieve. When it counted, Cammy was clutch

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 11:07 PM
Frankenheimer

Agreed, Cam upped his intensity during the playoffs. The jury is still out on Kessel, and I suppose we'll see Stewart this year.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

Stewart is bigtime....

Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote