HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Article discussion: Q&A with Dustin Brown

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Article discussion: Q&A with Dustin Brown

link

Old
06-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

vCash: 500
You da man John! Another great article.

I swear to God! If the Kings qualify Carter and lowball Lappy causing him to walk....I'm done. Lappy is more valuable to this team than just points, and I think anyone in the room will tell you that.

06-12-2004, 12:07 PM
OC Kings Fan 24

Great article. Not to turn this into a sign Lappy thread, but it just shows what Lappy means , not only to the fans, but to his teamates. I found it very interestine how a 19 yr old kid can be so mature and have his head on straight. Once, again great article

Old
06-12-2004, 12:09 PM
KINGLEWOOD

Great article, nice work! Thanks for giving us something to look foward to, I look foward to your next article/interview!

Old
06-12-2004, 02:05 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Kings Fan 24
Great article. Not to turn this into a sign Lappy thread, but it just shows what Lappy means , not only to the fans, but to his teamates. I found it very interestine how a 19 yr old kid can be so mature and have his head on straight. Once, again great article
u konw, ur right. i was kinda thinking that lappy's value to the team has been slowly declining, but i guess after hearing how he helps the kids it makes me think he has more value then i thought of. if we can re-sign him, do it. i won't be complaining

Old
06-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Great interview! Brownie is going to be a very special player. He just needs time to slowly develop the offensive game he has in the nhl level. It will be interesting to see if he makes the team out of camp this year because we have a lot of guys that I probably would rank ahead of him right now. BTW, there's no question in my mind that LAPPY should be re-signed.

Old
06-12-2004, 09:47 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

hey kingsjohn, did DT talk to brown about schremp? maybe he can convince DT that schremp is better then all the talk around him, so that if he does happen to drop to us, we can pick him up

Old
06-13-2004, 02:49 AM
ukyo

kingsjohn,

Fantastic article!

Highlights for me:

Quote:
HF: What area of your game do you think translates best to the NHL?
DB: Probably my competitiveness and physical play. In juniors I was more of a skilled player, I would have the puck a lot more. This past year I would dump it and chase it. It was my first year and it was tough to adjust to the speed. I had more confidence playing in juniors than my rookie year in the NHL. I think itís just a matter of time. My game will probably change a little bit. This past year I was real physical and I felt like I was a real physical force on the ice.
Honestly, before the season began from what I'd read of Brown I'd never thought he'd play nearly as physical as he has. Had this sort of physical edge been known of him pre-draft or is it this a happy discovery for us? If the latter, then I'd say even at such a high pick he was a steal.

Quote:
HF: What can you tell us about your friend Robbie Schremp who is in the draft this year?
DB: He is one of my best friends. He is one of the most skilled players in the draft. There is a lot of stuff surrounding him and people donít know the real story. I talk to him about once a week. We grew up playing against each other and ended up playing our last year of bantum together. I know him pretty well. We have the same agent, so I see him a lot. Heís super skilled, he brings his game to the table every night, which you've got to respect. He may be cocky but he always seems to back it up.
Ooooh... an inside track on one of the more controversial players in the draft... interesting...

Old
06-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Game Misconduct

Great job, KJ!

Closed Thread