HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 3 Teams

Old
10-30-2010, 01:36 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

vCash: 500
Top 3 Teams

My apologies to the mods, you can move this thread if you feel necessary, I just like sticking with the posters on one board, but this is a very general question. Very simple question, who are your top 3 teams in the league and why?

I have been watching the Kings games this year after following the Panthers exclusively for the last few years and it has been very interesting because they play such a different style of game than the Panthers. Obviously we see the other 29 teams at least once a year, but when you see them only for a few games or less you don't pick much up. I was just hoping people could point out the better teams who play a different style of hockey than us so I could watch a couple of their games to get a feel for the different styles that teams play. Thanks.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:28 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing

Obviously the Panthers are my first but tied for my second are the Islanders & Avalanche.

I was born on Long Island and most of my family still lives up there, so I don't forget my roots. However, they're just about the only New York team that I don't hate

I've always had a soft spot for the Avs since around '99 or 2000 after I got over hating them for beating us in the '96 Cup. With a team of superstars of Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, etc, I've always rooted for them in the playoffs. Also, I love Colorado with it's awesome scenery, so I really just have a soft spot for all of their teams in general.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 05:44 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

I have center ice for watching Panther games, but I do end up watching a lot of random hockey. Here are my favourite teams to watch:

Colorado (young, fast, exciting)
LA (same as above)
Nashville (lots of depth, very structured game)
StLouis (lots of young players)
NYR (Gaborik reminds me of Bure a bit, plus I like Stepan and Anisimov)
NJ (not counting their terrible start, I like how well they run their defensive game)

Now they aren't all the most exciting teams, but I enjoy watching a wide variety of styles and some them have players I enjoy watching.

Teams I don't like watching:

Calgary (boring, plus I get to see enough of them live and in the bars)
Edmonton (no structure)
Toronto/Montreal (annoying biased announcers, plus I just think they are boring teams)
Detroit (old)

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote