HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

If we had signed Komisarek, what would our defense look like right now?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-01-2010, 09:16 AM
  #51
Joe Black
Registered User
 
Joe Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
I beg to differ Komisarek had no back-up on the team and handled all the rough stuff himself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjz5MyJ9bIM it's been awhile since i've seen a Hab drop with Brashear ,Lucic ,Neil ,Hartnell etc.. if you have a minute please name me one . Thank you !

Joe Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:23 AM
  #52
Joe Black
Registered User
 
Joe Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Komi got his ass handed to him. Ego got bigger and trough his shoulder for it. He looks slow and has zip zero offense.
I cant't argue the fact that Komi has limited offensif abilities but four points in ten games and a + 2 with a sorry bunch like the Leafs ain't too bad

Joe Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:25 AM
  #53
glucker
Registered User
 
glucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Without making another trade, that's exactly what we would have had. Gill and Spacek were signed once Komi jumed to the Dark side.
we have cookies.


actually, the last two games, donuts.

probably should go back to cookies.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:35 AM
  #54
glucker
Registered User
 
glucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,770
vCash: 500
I actually have no problems with Komi on the Leafs... he's currently getting bottom pairing minutes, but he's been very good in the minutes he's played... there are 4 reasons why his minutes are staying low right now:
1)Offense- this team is fine defensively, but they've been blanked the last two games they've played. You don't put your defensive d-man out when your team needs to score
2)Lebda- You don't want to give Lebda too many minutes, and since that's his partner, Komi's stuck playing similar minutes.
3)Chemistry- The top-2 pairings are playing well together, this ties into the previous point- they don't want to break up those pairings while they're doing well, so he can't get teh opportunity to move up
4)Rehab- he missed most of last season with an injury and is being eased back into the lineup.

Frankly he's not worth 4.5... but he's not too overpaid. If he was 4M, I wouldn't have any problem with his salary.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:39 AM
  #55
Pleky Roks
Registered User
 
Pleky Roks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
You mean the guy who turdled when Lucic gave it to him and we were all too embarrassed to admit it?

lol.

First of all....I can't believe you are giving Lucic any credit at all....he's TOOL and a Boston Bruin on top of that. Secondly, he didn't destroy Komisarek by any means, it was a good fight back and forth until Komisarek's shoulder got hurt and thats when Lucic landed a couple of decisive punches and won the fight. If it wasn't for that, Komi would have held his own....so don't give Lucic credit were he doesn't deserve it.

I hate Komisarek now, don't get me wrong.....but don't go giving Milan Loose Cheeks a bunch of credit he doesn't deserve!!! He's still a goon that takes runs at everybody and only fights with non-fighters.

God I hate that guy!!!

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:47 AM
  #56
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
Just pondering and too lazy to think about it myself. I need a snack.
This hypothetical question comes up a year too late and it's about as unimportant as asking what if Gainey had re-signed Kovalev or Koivu or Tanguay. Anyway, his salary would have presented a big problem both last year and now and his presence wouldn't have improved the defense by much if at all. Had he been signed the Habs wouldn't have gotten as far as they did in the playoffs and the composition of this year's team would be far different (and probably inferior).

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:56 AM
  #57
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
I cant't argue the fact that Komi has limited offensif abilities but four points in ten games and a + 2 with a sorry bunch like the Leafs ain't too bad
Good for him but I'll wait and see how many point he gets in a full season. Bottom line his, I dough he can create offense, a first good pass yes but that's it. Big shot sure he got but not very accurate, could get better thou so.....

To me Mike was a solid defender for a couple of years. Took the body very well and with Markov next to him, it was match made in heaven. He became a target by PF such has ML and in the PO got taking out by a big hit from Lucic. I also remember their next encounter where Mike trough his shoulder and Milan took him down....once again. We know the rest, mike lost a step, walk to the other side. Cry me a river.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:56 AM
  #58
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
I actually have no problems with Komi on the Leafs...
Really??

$4.5 Million turn over machine with no offensive upside... and you're ok with that????

Quote:

he's currently getting bottom pairing minutes, but he's been very good in the minutes he's played... there are 4 reasons why his minutes are staying low right now:
Because he's a turn over machine?! I don't think Burke had the intention to use 4.5 million on a turnover machine who plays on the bottom pairing... Just a hunch.

Quote:

1)Offense- this team is fine defensively, but they've been blanked the last two games they've played. You don't put your defensive d-man out when your team needs to score
Unless you partner them with an offensive D man -- which would be the case if Komi was not such a turn over machine

Quote:


2)Lebda- You don't want to give Lebda too many minutes, and since that's his partner, Komi's stuck playing similar minutes.
And again, why is Komi partnered with him??? Turn over machine.


Quote:


3)Chemistry- The top-2 pairings are playing well together, this ties into the previous point- they don't want to break up those pairings while they're doing well, so he can't get teh opportunity to move up
That may be the case -- but it was Komi who lost the opportunity ... again, he wasn't signed to that contract to play on the bottom pairing 13 minutes a game.


Quote:
4)Rehab- he missed most of last season with an injury and is being eased back into the lineup.
Excuses... He had the entire off season, plus training camp, and we're already 10 games into the season...


Quote:

Frankly he's not worth 4.5... but he's not too overpaid. If he was 4M, I wouldn't have any problem with his salary.
you dont really believe yourself, do you?

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:24 AM
  #59
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
I cant't argue the fact that Komi has limited offensif abilities but four points in ten games and a + 2 with a sorry bunch like the Leafs ain't too bad
Of course, you're prepared to extrapolate that into an 82-game schedule!?? Remember, the Leafs had a fast start and initially almost everyone looked good. Now that the Leafs' shutouts-against are starting to crop up, those early bumps in the stats will fade.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:33 AM
  #60
glucker
Registered User
 
glucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Really??

$4.5 Million turn over machine with no offensive upside... and you're ok with that????



Because he's a turn over machine?! I don't think Burke had the intention to use 4.5 million on a turnover machine who plays on the bottom pairing... Just a hunch.
Turn over machine? No.
Quote:
Unless you partner them with an offensive D man -- which would be the case if Komi was not such a turn over machine
his partner is an offensive d-man, just not a very good one.
repeating that Komi is a turnover machine does not make it so.
Quote:

And again, why is Komi partnered with him??? Turn over machine.




That may be the case -- but it was Komi who lost the opportunity ... again, he wasn't signed to that contract to play on the bottom pairing 13 minutes a game.
Those pairings come from last season- while Komi was injured. When somebody in the top-4 cools off, he will get more minutes.

Quote:

Excuses... He had the entire off season, plus training camp, and we're already 10 games into the season...




you dont really believe yourself, do you?
Not playing for more than half a year following a major surgery isn't an excuse, it's a reason. We have enough depth that he doesn't need to be thrown into big minutes right away. And yes, I do believe that 4M would be a fair salary for Komisarek. I'm going to guess you haven't watched too many Leafs games, eh?


Oh, and last year, while healthy, his partner was Kaberle- and they looked very good together. In fact, Kaberle's decline last year coincided directly with Komisarek coming out of the lineup.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:37 AM
  #61
glucker
Registered User
 
glucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Of course, you're prepared to extrapolate that into an 82-game schedule!?? Remember, the Leafs had a fast start and initially almost everyone looked good. Now that the Leafs' shutouts-against are starting to crop up, those early bumps in the stats will fade.
huh, getting shut-out will affect offensive stats?

who knew?

Komisarek may actually get a decent bump in his offensive stats this year- not because he's found an offensive game, but because Wilson has all the defensemen shooting the puck. He's going to get assists off rebounds, and the odd weird goal just by virtue of shooting the puck more often.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:03 PM
  #62
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Really??

$4.5 Million turn over machine with no offensive upside... and you're ok with that????



Because he's a turn over machine?! I don't think Burke had the intention to use 4.5 million on a turnover machine who plays on the bottom pairing... Just a hunch.



Unless you partner them with an offensive D man -- which would be the case if Komi was not such a turn over machine



And again, why is Komi partnered with him??? Turn over machine.




That may be the case -- but it was Komi who lost the opportunity ... again, he wasn't signed to that contract to play on the bottom pairing 13 minutes a game.




Excuses... He had the entire off season, plus training camp, and we're already 10 games into the season...




you dont really believe yourself, do you?
This is all crap. Komi hasn't been bad this season. Have you seen a Leafs game? Probably not.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:05 PM
  #63
Joe Black
Registered User
 
Joe Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Good for him but I'll wait and see how many point he gets in a full season. Bottom line his, I dough he can create offense, a first good pass yes but that's it. Big shot sure he got but not very accurate, could get better thou so.....

To me Mike was a solid defender for a couple of years. Took the body very well and with Markov next to him, it was match made in heaven. He became a target by PF such has ML and in the PO got taking out by a big hit from Lucic. I also remember their next encounter where Mike trough his shoulder and Milan took him down....once again. We know the rest, mike lost a step, walk to the other side. Cry me a river.
Why should i "walk to the other side" ?? As a Habs fan i have seen em come and go and i keep a close watch on my favourite ex-Habs ex. Tucker , Roy , Tender etc... as for "crying you a river" well i'll pass on that one !

Joe Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:26 PM
  #64
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Actually this couldn't be any further from the truth. Leaf fans like what they have seen from Komi. It's DP they have a problem with. Making things up doesn't help your argument. Komi has been very good so far. Dion has stunk the place out.
Euhn...You do realize he is their 6th Dman right?..He averages 13:48min per game. Our 7th and 8th Dman average 14:50 and 14:54. The guy makes 4.5M.
Seeing as you often like to talk about Gomez's salary, how you can actually sit there and tell me Komi has been good???...
The guy has dropped in value big time. He won't be making the All-Star team any time soon. You don't go from #2 Dman to 6th while retaining your value. I really don't understand why I have to explain this to you.

I'm not ''making things up'', I never once did on these boards. I have a few Leafs fans and none of them are happy with Komi. Sure, he's not playing poorly for a 6th Dman, but that's not why he's there. They would gladly move him.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:42 PM
  #65
glucker
Registered User
 
glucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
This is all crap. Komi hasn't been bad this season. Have you seen a Leafs game? Probably not.
thank you!

again, when your team is doing very well defensively, and terribly offensively, those aren't prime conditions for a purely defensive player to get more minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Euhn...You do realize he is their 6th Dman right?..He averages 13:48min per game. Our 7th and 8th Dman average 14:50 and 14:54. The guy makes 4.5M.
Seeing as you often like to talk about Gomez's salary, how you can actually sit there and tell me Komi has been good???...
The guy has dropped in value big time. He won't be making the All-Star team any time soon. You don't go from #2 Dman to 6th while retaining your value. I really don't understand why I have to explain this to you.

I'm not ''making things up'', I never once did on these boards. I have a few Leafs fans and none of them are happy with Komi. Sure, he's not playing poorly for a 6th Dman, but that's not why he's there. They would gladly move him.
Last year, he was the #2 d-man while healthy.
Then he got injured, Schenn exploded, Phanuef was brought in and Beauch developed chemistry with Phaneuf.

Komi isn't the 5th d-man because he's playing poorly. He's 5th because of the guys infront of him.


Last edited by habsprospects: 11-01-2010 at 01:01 PM.
glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:12 PM
  #66
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,296
vCash: 500
Kind of what I figured.

There seems to be a mixed reaction, but overall people like Spacek's puck moving over Komisarek's physicality and large contract, even though we might be missing a bit of physicality on our blueline.

And Komi has been hurt too much to tell what his impact will be in Toronto, but we all think he's overrated and provides little offense/puck moving.

If only we could merge Spacek and Komisarek = Komigoat!

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:16 PM
  #67
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post

Last year, he was the #2 d-man while healthy.
Then he got injured, Schenn exploded, Phanuef was brought in and Beauch developed chemistry with Phaneuf.

Komi isn't the 5th d-man because he's playing poorly. He's 5th because of the guys infront of him.
Oh okay, it's because of the great superstar depth. That explains why he's playing less than 14Min a game. Sure, it has nothing to do with him, it's simply that the guys in front are just that good.

Now that we got this out of the way, the fact still remains that his value has dropped.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:23 PM
  #68
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
Why should i "walk to the other side" ?? As a Habs fan i have seen em come and go and i keep a close watch on my favourite ex-Habs ex. Tucker , Roy , Tender etc... as for "crying you a river" well i'll pass on that one !
Read again, I meant Mike walk to the other side.....unless you are Mike Komisarek

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:39 PM
  #69
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
This is all crap. Komi hasn't been bad this season. Have you seen a Leafs game? Probably not.
i've seen a few games on tv and komi has been horrible. When he is pressured and has little time he'll cough up the puck. He has to be one of the worst decision makers with the puck for the price he's being paid... when a d man is paid to make the safe plays and still puts his team in trouble you know he has issues.

He had a few good season and then Lucic kicked his ass ... whether or not that was the turning point in his career is debatable but he has not looked good since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
thank you!

again, when your team is doing very well defensively, and terribly offensively, those aren't prime conditions for a purely defensive player to get more minutes



Last year, he was the #2 d-man while healthy.
Then he got injured, Schenn exploded, Phanuef was brought in and Beauch developed chemistry with Phaneuf.

Komi isn't the 5th d-man because he's playing poorly. He's 5th because of the guys infront of him.
If thinking that Komi is 500k overpaid and that the only reason he's not on the top pairing is because he was injured LAST year and because the leafs are just simply stacked on D makes you feel better about him than keep up the denial it's working for you I guess.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:45 PM
  #70
Joe Black
Registered User
 
Joe Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
otto bond A ha so it should have read " walked" to the other side !!A typing error i'm sure ! By the way nice flag , i have one flying in my front yard . Acadian roots run deep (Les racines Acadienne sont forte ) :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Read again, I meant Mike walk to the other side.....unless you are Mike Komisarek
Ha ha if i was Mike i would go back to the Habs

Joe Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 01:51 PM
  #71
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012
 
RaMMuT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Palestine
Posts: 1,071
vCash: 500
He'd be injured or skratched...book it

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 02:02 PM
  #72
Jack DiBiase
wrist-oh-lie-nun
 
Jack DiBiase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Kiribati
Posts: 2,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Ah, the old "we never lost anyone" roster

Throw in Beauchemin as the 7th and that D-lineup would cost $31.3 million. Our current crop, for the record is 20.87.

Hilariously, we lost six quality NHL defenders for literally nothing in the last few years, but of the six, I'd argue Streit and Robidas are the only ones that are not ludicrously overpaid.

They all have huge contracts.
Yeah, I know. I was just joking.

Jack DiBiase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 09:40 PM
  #73
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
his partner is an offensive d-man, just not a very good one.
repeating that Komi is a turnover machine does not make it so.
Maybe... if they were to place him with Kabs again he will be good once more!

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 10:22 PM
  #74
Tusk
Registered User
 
Tusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,411
vCash: 500
My one and only Leaf Fan friend thinks Komisarek is on a secret sabotage mission from the Habs and will eventually be back on the Habs and snickering about how he messed with the Leafs.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 10:54 PM
  #75
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500


lol, he looks so despondent on the bench

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.