HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Knicks Part 3 (All NBA discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
For a team that already scores more than enough points and still can't beat those teams. As far as I recall, Anthony hasn't won anything in this league.

Maybe the way to beat Boston or Miami might be to find a way to stop Boston and Miami.
The knicks defense has actually not been that bad, and Melo is not as bad at defense as people think. STAT has even played good defense this year.

Their philosophy with Coach D is to score, and score a lot. One of the best scorers in the league will help you do that. Easy to find role players, only one that hurts me is losing gallo.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:50 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Has Howard said he'd think about leaving Orlando?

Howard on this squad would be nuts.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

But honestly guys, all circumstances aside, if Mozgov is not in the deal it is essentially trading Gallo for Melo. Who in their right mind wouldn't do that?

Chandler is gone after this year. Felton/Billups is a wash with their contracts.

Which leaves Gallo for Melo. Of course we all want them to trade nothing for one of the best scorers, but that is not how things work. Of course we would want to wait for the summer. But it is no guarantee we get him then either.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:54 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Has Howard said he'd think about leaving Orlando?

Howard on this squad would be nuts.
Rumors are he wants to be a Laker.

If he reaches FA anything can happen. He'd be my #1 target.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:55 PM
TheHotRock

i find the notion of anyone being appalled by the trade parameters as they stand to be hilarious/

do you guys watch basketball or do you just look for excuses to bash dolan?

chandler? gone this summer anyway
gallo? ok, nice enough player....but he's a 3 and last i checked, melo is too.
felton? like him, but guess what? chauncey's deal expires the same year as his does.
curry's expiring deal? what else do you wanna do with it? make a move for stephen jackson?
mozgov? whatever, if that's the dealbreaker they can have him.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
For a team that already scores more than enough points and still can't beat those teams. As far as I recall, Anthony hasn't won anything in this league.

Maybe the way to beat Boston or Miami might be to find a way to stop Boston and Miami.
But they know what the Knicks are going to do offensively. The Knicks have one prominent scoring threat, and that is Amar'e.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
But they know what the Knicks are going to do offensively. The Knicks have one prominent scoring threat, and that is Amar'e.
Exactly, Melo would spread the floor, can't double Amare without being burned by Melo/Fields/Billups/Idontcare

Old
02-21-2011, 07:02 PM
17futurecap

Happy they are going to hang onto Fields it seems.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:03 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
I know everyone wants to wait, but there is literally nothing to assure we land him in the offseason. This team needs to be safe ó acquire Melo now. They WILL have to give up parts that they donít want to give up. It will suck ass having to lose someone like Gallo, but you have to give to get.

I want to keep everyone we can keep, but I think you have to be OK with losing a part you donít want to lose. Chandler is walking in FA if we signed Melo, so heís really a part we can give up without caring too much either way.

Felton for Billups really isnít that bad. Relatively equal players. Ray is younger, but Billups brings some much needed experience and leadership to this team. Frankly, Iím surprised Denver wants to do that deal. I think it might actually be a plus for us, since heís much more experienced in the long haul. Felton would only be here until 2012, anyway, and hopefully replaced by CP3 or DWill.

Losing Gallo will hurt a lot if thatís how it goes, but if he is the breaking point for this deal? You have to bite the bullet. If we had it in writing that Melo will only sign with us, fine. Stand your ground. But things can change in a hot minute and he could easily back out of that.

Randolph is useless. Curry is useless. Obviously neither of them mean anything for us in the long haul.

I agree that we need to stand our ground and not lose more parts like Mozgov or Fields, but giving up Gallo and Felton is not the end of the world. Far from it.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:04 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
Rumors are he wants to be a Laker.

If he reaches FA anything can happen. He'd be my #1 target.
I think we'd need a LEGIT PG more than Howard, TBH.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:16 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

How about you don't get Anthony and get yourself Chandler or Gasol this summer, and then go after Williams or Paul the next year.

PG-Paul/Williams
SG-Fields
SF-Gallo
PF-Amare
C-Gasol/Chandler

Still an excellent offensive team, but much better defensively. Much better.

I don't even know why I care, I hate this ****ing team. I've hated them since 98-99. They're an embarrassment. I thought they'd finally changed. Finally learned their lesson. But they've learned nothing. I hope they get Anthony. I hope Thomas comes back to run the team. They all deserve each other, especially Dolan. You need a bench in this league, and you need a big man that plays defense, and they won't have either of those things.

I hope the Nets do get Gallo. I'll enjoy watching him develop into a terrific all-around player for them.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:19 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
How about you don't get Anthony and get yourself Chandler or Gasol this summer, and then go after Williams or Paul the next year.

PG-Paul/Williams
SG-Fields
SF-Gallo
PF-Amare
C-Gasol/Chandler

Still an excellent offensive team, but much better defensively. Much better.

I don't even know why I care, I hate this ****ing team. I've hated them since 98-99. They're an embarrassment. I thought they'd finally changed. Finally learned their lesson. But they've learned nothing. I hope they get Anthony. I hope Thomas comes back to run the team. They all deserve each other, especially Dolan. You need a bench in this league, and you need a big man that plays defense, and they won't have either of those things.

I hope the Nets do get Gallo. I'll enjoy watching him develop into a terrific all-around player for them.
Thank you. Focusing on a top tier C and PG gives us the "star power" necessary to challenge the Heatles and Boston, without destroying the bench.

Carmelo can come if he wants. Not at the cost of all of that.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:31 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I think we'd need a LEGIT PG more than Howard, TBH.
I'll agree to disagree. Howard will shutdown Garnett, bosh, boozer & gasol in the playoffs. Clean up most of our defensive mistakes around the rim(I'm looking at you amare).

We don't need a big name pg, look @ Felton this year. Need a pg whos solid on O&D & van shoot the 3. Then get a pitbull defender to play the 2. Get a solid energy backup C(Amundsen-ish) & a couple more backups(mike wont play many of em).

That's a team that'll compete for rings. Think Duncan/Robinson lite with a deadly close- games-out 1on1 scorer in Melo.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:33 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Tyson Chandler worries me. Contact year beast. I always thought he would be great in dantoni's system but injuries & compete level(once paid) worry me.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:36 PM
17futurecap

Marc Gasol probably isn't happening either, read a story a few weeks ago he is only a RFA, Grizzlies can match any deal, and he went to high school in Memphis, and is like a 2nd home for him from Spain. Grizzlies also say he is their number 1 priority.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:36 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Don't know if this is a legit source...

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/02/1...tead.gallinari

Quote:
@FisolaNYDN
NBA TV reporting that Nuggets want Fields & Mozgov in the deal instead of Gallinari. Thus far, as source said neither side will budge.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Christ the Nuggets are so god damn annoying. Carmelo doesn't want to play for you. ****ing get over it and trade him already.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:40 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Don't know if this is a legit source...

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/02/1...tead.gallinari
That's from Saturday.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:44 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
That's from Saturday.
Oh you're right. My friend linked to me and said they wanted Fields.

Still though, this wasn't being discussed I think.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Cawlidge Hawkey
NCAA ** Juniors

I really have no idea why Gallo is even being offered right now. Knicks definitely have leverage in negotiations right now. Melo won't do a sign and trade with any team, but the Knicks. Give them Chandler and other smaller pieces. That's it. There really is no one else that can trade for him. Nets management is all talk.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:50 PM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
I really have no idea why Gallo is even being offered right now. Knicks definitely have leverage in negotiations right now. Melo won't do a sign and trade with any team, but the Knicks. Give them Chandler and other smaller pieces. That's it. There really is no one else that can trade for him. Nets management is all talk.
Gallo and Melo play the same position... i think he would be ideal to trade gallo.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
The Nuggets can keep him and he'd probably sign the extension with them because if he doesn't he could end up losing a lot of money.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
The Nuggets can keep him and he'd probably sign the extension with them because if he doesn't he could end up losing a lot of money.
The money thing is a bit over exaggerated. If he comes to New York and signs a contract at 10 Mil a year, he still makes more money than the 3 year/65 Mil he could sign the extension for. He has said it before and its not the couple of millions that can be at risk if he does not sign the extension.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:56 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
The money thing is a bit over exaggerated. If he comes to New York and signs a contract at 10 Mil a year, he still makes more money than the 3 year/65 Mil he could sign the extension for. He has said it before and its not the couple of millions that can be at risk if he does not sign the extension.
The extension is everything. It's the only reason the Knicks are paying full price.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:58 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
I think that's way more likely then him being a net.

Closed Thread