HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hasek a Sen this weekend?

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Pulfy14

vCash: 500
Hasek a Sen this weekend?

www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Ot...96058.html

I dont know why the sens would want him because he always gets injured and will probably retire after next years season if there is one.

What do you think?

Old
06-12-2004, 12:25 PM
BERTUZZINATION

well....he's a good band-aid I suppose...

Old
06-12-2004, 12:29 PM
guitaraholic*

that'd be ashame. I love the Senators and I hate Hasek. I'd be conflicted.

Old
06-12-2004, 12:31 PM
BERTUZZINATION

maybe they'll just put Hasek's name on Prusek's back and tell the fans that they're "committed to winning" and so on...

Old
06-12-2004, 01:13 PM
shadoz19

He can't go to the Sens this weekend. He's not a free agent yet.

Old
06-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERTUZZINATION
maybe they'll just put Hasek's name on Prusek's back and tell the fans that they're "committed to winning" and so on...
LoL the same mask and everything makes the perfect match.

Old
06-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoz19
He can't go to the Sens this weekend. He's not a free agent yet.
Exactly what I was thinking.... hopefully the Sens are tampering with him, the Wings could really use an extra draft pick.

The link isn't working for me though....

Old
06-12-2004, 01:19 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower
Exactly what I was thinking.... hopefully the Sens are tampering with him, the Wings could really use an extra draft pick.

The link isn't working for me though....
The link doesn't work because it is a hoix by the poster.

BAN.

Old
06-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Murphy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
The link doesn't work because it is a hoix by the poster.

BAN.
sigh....

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Ottawa...12/496058.html

Old
06-12-2004, 01:28 PM
detredWINgs

This would be a bad idea for the Sens in my opinion, especially if theres no season next year. Would you really want an injury prone 40+ year old goalie coming in and playing for you?

Old
06-12-2004, 01:28 PM
rikki05

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraholic
that'd be ashame. I love the Senators and I hate Hasek. I'd be conflicted.

me too! if hasek knew whats best for him he woulda stayed retired!

Old
06-12-2004, 01:30 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs
This would be a bad idea for the Sens in my opinion, especially if theres no season next year. Would you really want an injury prone 40+ year old goalie coming in and playing for you?
Better than a bad goal-prone, self imploding 30 year old.

Old
06-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Tap on the Ankle
Nobody remembers No2

Don't really know what to think about this one. On one hand, Hasek is a homewrecker. He's a whiner, and could be a problem in the dressing room. On the other hand, when he is committed to winning, he is probably one of, if not the, best goalie in the league. If Hasek has the same hunger he had in Detroit in 2002, he's a great pickup. If he doesn't, then he just isn't worth it. It's Muckler's call, nobody knows his ex-players as well as he does.

Old
06-12-2004, 01:51 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Reason i can see for this:

1. Give Prusek a chance to start, but with an experienced backup.

2. Deperation for playoff success

3. Hope, and if they've checked him out he may play a whole season and return to form

3. Tutor for Prusek. Similar to Reason 1, but different spin.

Old
06-12-2004, 02:28 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph_man15
Yours works, so does this: http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=87408

Old
06-12-2004, 03:15 PM
Sensored

signing Hasek to a one year deal in Ottawa would be awesome , we'd have a proven goalie who can win us games. His injury problems he had in Detroit have been fixed with successful surgery, he hired a personal trainer and is in great shape. Besides he might not play very often as the season will likely be reduced. He'd be a great influence on Prusek and Emery. Imagine being taught by one of the greatest goalies ever. Hasek could play for one year, giving us a chance to win a cup, then retire and Emery could move up and take the #1 spot. Prusek is very capable of playing 30+ games should Hasek be injured i see only positives on signing Hasek.

besides why r u guys so pissed at him anyway which players said he was a pain in the ass?

Old
06-12-2004, 04:08 PM
borro

*Rumour* ESPN reporting Sens want Hasek

I just saw it on Sports Center. Kind of surprised. Sens fans thought Kolzig was old at 34. Hasek will have part of his salary paid by Medicare! If he has enough left, might be a good move.

Old
06-12-2004, 04:11 PM
borro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
We already have a thread but yea its kinda werid. How about Lalime?
My guess is salary cap casualty. The NHL will push strongly for non guaranteed contracts, like the NFL. Makes sense from a business perspective.

Old
06-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

It'd be a move to win in the short term obviously, because I don't think anyone can see Hasek playing into his mid to late 40's. Which would be interesting, because I haven't pictured Ottawa (and Muckler) to be a team which looks for temporary, stop-gap, one-time solutions to problems.

Old
06-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Don Draper

ottawa is really only looking for a goalie who is going to be available for another 2 years, til Emery is ready to step in a be a #1. Having someone at the end of their career, and having not fallen off the edge would be ideal. I just hope he is still healthy enough to be that goalie. If he is, i have no objections

Old
06-12-2004, 05:04 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Fletcher
ottawa is really only looking for a goalie who is going to be available for another 2 years, til Emery is ready to step in a be a #1. Having someone at the end of their career, and having not fallen off the edge would be ideal. I just hope he is still healthy enough to be that goalie. If he is, i have no objections
Yeah but Hasek seems like a really temporary solution, IMO. I don't think he can go for another year, let alone another two. He's more injury prone now in his older age and even when he was healthy last year with the Red Wings he wasn't the same Hasek that won the Stanley Cup. I don't think he's the goalie you're looking for. Kolzig I can see, but Hasek I would be wary of.

Old
06-12-2004, 05:11 PM
FF de Mars

I would love the Sens to get Hasek, he would be the perfect patch and would give the sens a chance to win the cup. Finally they take steps towards Lord Stantley... If it goes down, they only need to add one or two poised, playoff warriors, character players, in the mold of Claude Lemieux, and we're in business. the sens certainly have the assets to add that type of player through trade, and they could even sign one as ufa! Good news the sens finally take steps toward the cup!

Old
06-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Coffey77

I think I read somewhere that the Senators asked the Wings for permission to talk to Hasek. I can't see them being stupid and NOT asking.

Look at what happened to the Blues. They talked to Stevens (when he was a Devil) and lost a first rounder and got another first rounder moved back just for talking to him.

I wonder what Detroit would get back in return. Not much in any case.

Old
06-13-2004, 10:06 AM
50 Mission Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS4EVER
signing Hasek to a one year deal in Ottawa would be awesome , we'd have a proven goalie who can win us games. His injury problems he had in Detroit have been fixed with successful surgery, he hired a personal trainer and is in great shape. Besides he might not play very often as the season will likely be reduced. He'd be a great influence on Prusek and Emery. Imagine being taught by one of the greatest goalies ever. Hasek could play for one year, giving us a chance to win a cup, then retire and Emery could move up and take the #1 spot. Prusek is very capable of playing 30+ games should Hasek be injured i see only positives on signing Hasek.

besides why r u guys so pissed at him anyway which players said he was a pain in the ass?

He's played 8 NHL games since 2002. That would hardly leave me oozing with confidence.

Old
06-13-2004, 10:17 AM
guitaraholic*

Hasek is no longer a "known quantity" in the NHL.... he's not a sure thing by any stretch anymore. As the previous poster pointed out his lack of playing time over the last 2 years (and factor in the lockout which means another extended layoff) has to be a major concern.
I can't blame the Sens for signing him, if they do, but don't go handing yourselves the Cup just yet Sens fans. At least not like Wings fans did last summer when they found out Hasek was coming back...

Closed Thread