HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Zuccarello Aasen

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2010, 10:32 AM
CanyonofBlueshirts

vCash: 500
it's time to bring him up:

the rangers need competition in their lineup, frolov needs to be sat and even tho zuccarello isn't ready for full-time nhl duty, i think he can be of good use for a short clip w/ the rangers.

he's also a point per game player since the beginning of november after a slow start.

Old
12-08-2010, 10:59 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Frodo in Frolov out ?

Old
12-08-2010, 11:01 AM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
What's the point? The price for such experiment is too high in both player confidence and points in standing. You want to know what he can do? Go to Bridgeport when Wales play Sound Tigers and see. That is the closest place to NYC. There is a train from GCT.
what's the point of having him then? every prospect needs to be given a chance at some point. we can't overprotect them.

Old
12-08-2010, 11:17 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
what's the point of having him then? every prospect needs to be given a chance at some point. we can't overprotect them.
There are people in organization that monitor him. They do that for living. I am sure Slats ask them all the time. If they do not bring him up there must be the reason. He will not go back HFD. He will go back to Europe. That's the difference. Keep him there up until he can help. Or we will lose him.

Old
12-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Stormer

What is the rush? Given his numbers he is not ready..........use Cally as an example. Cally came up in Jan. with i think 29 goals in 30 something games for Hartford....MDZ is not even close.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:04 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Please don't mess with him right now. Patience is the key. Let him work up his confidence, really get into a groove. There is no reason to ruin that by rushing him. There is no desperation on the part of the Rangers to do something like this right now.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
What is the rush? Given his numbers he is not ready..........use Cally as an example. Cally came up in Jan. with i think 29 goals in 30 something games for Hartford....MDZ is not even close.
Pretty sure Callahan didn't come close to that...maybe points in games, but not goals. He scored 35 goals in 60 games the season he was first called up.

At any rate, it's more about how he's playing and whether there's a spot in the lineup for him to take

Old
12-08-2010, 12:31 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Please don't mess with him right now. Patience is the key. Let him work up his confidence, really get into a groove. There is no reason to ruin that by rushing him. There is no desperation on the part of the Rangers to do something like this right now.
He's certainly working his way onto the roster with his play but I agree he's not quite there yet and we've got a 2 year deal with him. Plus a ton of guys on the ends of contracts that MZA could arguably play over right now including EC, Prospal, Frolov, etc. Quite a few spots will be available for him next year and if he reaaaally continues to platy fantastic then the team would call him up later this season like Cally. He's not there yet though so i agree let him keep doing what he's doing. As an impetuous fan I'm dying to see him up like a kid ready to try a toy but as a tempered fan looking toward the future you gotta look at this and say if it ain't broke...

Old
12-16-2010, 03:07 AM
Placid

An article with some info that i didnt see posted :

"Mats Zuccarello, the Norwegian Hobbit who lit up the Swedish Elite League, and has been on a hot streak for the Connecticut Whale, is "as creative a player as there is in that league (the AHL), for sure,” GM Jim Schoenfeld said today. “And more creative than many in this league.”

Schoenfeld chatted with Newsday and several reporters after practice this morning at CONSOL Energy Center and responded to questions about playerson the team's AHL affiliate, which I mention in our live chat at 2 p.m. Here's more on Zuke:

“He's made giant strides...He makes unexpected passes, he’ll make unexpected plays,” said Schoenfeld. “If you’re more of a meat-and-potatoes, straight-line guy (on his line), it might not be a great marriage. So what happened is, the players in Hartford that are playing with him have become more aware that a pass can be coming at any time. They’re sharpening their awareness of what to do playing with him, and he is realizing the North American game, and so he’s moved a little off of his European way, so they’re meeting more halfway.”

Schoenfeld said that if he continues to progress and raise his level of consistency, and the team has a need for a Top 9 forward, Zuccarello, who is playing on the right side with Kris Newbury and Brodie Dupont, could see some time in the NHL this season. "Tremendous hockey sense and puck-handling skills...his skating is something he's working to improve on." (Source)

Old
12-16-2010, 06:22 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placid View Post

"Mats Zuccarello, the Norwegian Hobbit who lit up the Swedish Elite League, and has been on a hot streak for the Connecticut Whale, is "as creative a player as there is in that league (the AHL), for sure,” GM Jim Schoenfeld said today. “And more creative than many in this league.”

Schoenfeld chatted with Newsday and several reporters after practice this morning at CONSOL Energy Center and responded to questions about playerson the team's AHL affiliate, which I mention in our live chat at 2 p.m. Here's more on Zuke:

“He's made giant strides...He makes unexpected passes, he’ll make unexpected plays,” said Schoenfeld. “If you’re more of a meat-and-potatoes, straight-line guy (on his line), it might not be a great marriage. So what happened is, the players in Hartford that are playing with him have become more aware that a pass can be coming at any time. They’re sharpening their awareness of what to do playing with him, and he is realizing the North American game, and so he’s moved a little off of his European way, so they’re meeting more halfway.”

Schoenfeld said that if he continues to progress and raise his level of consistency, and the team has a need for a Top 9 forward, Zuccarello, who is playing on the right side with Kris Newbury and Brodie Dupont, could see some time in the NHL this season. "Tremendous hockey sense and puck-handling skills...his skating is something he's working to improve on."
(Source)
I've commented on the bolded part before, both by lifting warning signs before MZA came to NA and after his slow start in the AHL.

I've seen it before and the writting was on the wall for MZA.

MZA is no different in how he plays compared to say a Pat Kane or Jaromir Jagr, or any other mega start like that in the NHL. But what you might not realize when you watch a Kane or a Jagr -- thats how much others are adjusting to their games. You play different if you have Pat Kane on your line, compared to if you have Blair Betts on your line (duh!).

BUT, in the AHL, none of the other players will read the papers/scouting reports on a young kid coming up. And why would they? In principle, they are competing with each other. Nobody will really do the opposite, like go out of their way to make life harder for someone they are competing with, I've never really seen anything like that at least. But the first, thats just life. Its very easy to be misunderstood on this subject, and for the record, I definitely do not think MZA would go out of his way and adjust his game to make life easier for a rook who joined the AHL today.

AND, the result is that it is, or can be, very tough for a player like MZA to establish himself in the AHL. The AHL isn't a walk in the park. Put Pat Kane on a line with a Blair Betts, who refuses to adopt to Pat Kane and always puts the puck in the corner and play it safe, and Pat Kane would have had a hard time in his rookie year in the NHL too. Games can go by before a Kane in a situation like that gets the puck in the areas he wants it et c.

Now to my point, its in this aspect I think Ken Gernander could have made the life easier for MZA, and HFD, and himself, by making the bed more for MZA. Thats just my humble opinion, but Gerander pretty much threated him like everyone else. And who can't understand were Gernanders stance is coming from? I can understand how he was thinking, can that approch hurt anyone? No, it can't. But I don't think it was the best approch in this specific instance. It was risky. It slowed things down. Et c. And I don't think much was won by it (MZA might have more respect from his teammate now, because he took the longway. But other then that...).

In the end, I really like the tone in Schoneys comment on all players, they really seem to work with these kids et c. Great to see MZA doing so well lately. I agree with Schoney that he needs to work on his skating, on the smaller ice it becomes more of a issue then in the SEL (which I also said before MZA stepped on NA land.)

Old
12-16-2010, 08:04 AM
babyshamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I copied this from the Callahan injury tread

I don`t understand why people think that a couple of games in the big league would hamper MZA`s development ? Remember that he is not some 19 year old comming straight from a junior league. He is 23 years old has been a star in one of the best leagues in europe and has also played in the olympics and the IHWC several times. I think that this could be a great time to let him have a taste of NHL hockey while his confidence is great and the team is also doing well.

I have seen him play alot since he was a kid and i have also seen many Hartford/CT games this year and he is ready. I think he could really help this team, especially on the power-play.

Let him play with Dubi and Anisimov. Place Drury with Gabs and Stephan and put Fedotenko on the fourth line with Avery and EC.

Old
12-20-2010, 05:37 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

MZA was suspended for 1 game for a boarding call on Cheechoo which apparently resulted in a kidney injury. From what I've read, it wasn't malicious or anything, just a late push and Cheechoo losing an edge.

Old
12-20-2010, 05:39 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
MZA was suspended for 1 game for a boarding call on Cheechoo which apparently resulted in a kidney injury. From what I've read, it wasn't malicious or anything, just a late push and Cheechoo losing an edge.
Damn, bust.

Old
12-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placid View Post

“He's made giant strides..He makes unexpected passes, he’ll make unexpected plays,.” said Schoenfeld. “If you’re more of a meat-and-potatoes, straight-line guy (on his line), it might not be a great marriage. So what happened is, the players in Hartford that are playing with him have become more aware that a pass can be coming at any time. They’re sharpening their awareness of what to do playing with him, and he is realizing the North American game, and so he’s moved a little off of his European way, so they’re meeting more halfway.”

Schoenfeld said that if he continues to progress and raise his level of consistency, and the team has a need for a Top 9 forward, Zuccarello, who is playing on the right side with Kris Newbury and Brodie Dupont, could see some time in the NHL this season. "Tremendous hockey sense and puck-handling skills...his skating is something he's working to improve on." (Source)
this makes me want to see him play with Gabby. also thats why they keep him there. he makes his line mates there better. ppl play better when they play with him and thats good for that team. it will be great for us too we just need to be patient.

Old
12-22-2010, 06:50 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Damn, bust.
Bust???? The kid is now ready, he has shown he has JAM!

Old
12-23-2010, 11:28 PM
bscharf

WHAT A GAME.. AMAZING SHOOT OUT GOAL TO KEEP IT ALIVE!

He made a beautiful pass from behind the net to dubi right in front of the net. should have had an assist if it werent for a great save by ellis. Kid is good, and hold his own for his size.

Bring him back up for the islanders.

Old
12-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Pizza

nice first game. he's earned another shot.

Old
12-24-2010, 02:05 AM
nabby12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ge8y...eature=related

classic!

Zuccarello "who are you man?"

Old
12-24-2010, 02:13 AM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabby12 View Post

classic!

Lmfao that was the worst video I ever saw. Zuccarello wasn't drafted... And why are the Ranger players the only ones to ask questions? Lol Zuccarello.

Old
12-24-2010, 02:15 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
"Who are you man?"

I cracked up at that. He was so non-chalant in the way he said it.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
12-24-2010, 02:18 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:

classic!

that was so stupid. MZA should get another game and as long as Prospal, Boogaard, and Gaborik are out... well I think if he can sustain or even get better, they could keep him up and in the line up over White.

Old
12-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:

classic!

that is old lol

Old
12-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Bust???? The kid is now ready, he has shown he has JAM!
he was referring to Cheechoo...............I also don't think Frolov is benched he has started to get some pts

Old
12-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Yeah Fro is starting to pick it up

Old
12-25-2010, 06:15 AM
Ola

I liked what I saw in his first game.

Size isn't a problem, it's a big problem. He is darn small.

But he showed that he can get it done along the boards, and what I liked the most that was his play on the PP, how he could set up and run things. Or, scratch that, what I really like the most is that the kid look like he can improve a lot. His skating can get better for sure. He can grow a lot in terms of confidence. Like mature. That growing potential is something I always missed in a Dawes for example.

Closed Thread