HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Parise wants out of New Jersey, good fit in Columbus?

Old
11-01-2010, 02:33 PM
CBJCougar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Nash or Parise. Not both please. And, yes, I'd rather have Parise.
I want both. Where is it written that we cannot or shall not ever have more than one premier player at a time? While we are at it, I want Mike Green too.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
I want both. Where is it written that we cannot or shall not ever have more than one premier player at a time? While we are at it, I want Mike Green too.
we have enough bad defensemen

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 03:29 PM
blahblah

Quote:
I want both. Where is it written that we cannot or shall not ever have more than one premier player at a time?
I'd like to spread the wealth of premier players to something other then just wingers. And left wingers at that.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Maybe New Jersey could loan him here for the rest of the season, just so he'll appreciate New Jersey more (and sign there for a discount).

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Parise is a RFA after this season, even IF we do trade for him we would have the first and last shot to keep Parise here.
Although he has arbi rights as well, and we probably couldn't match the offer sheets a player of his caliber would get anyway. We'd have to match everything in order to get any compensation. So the RFA for me, doesn't really mean much at this stage.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 05:46 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
I'd like to spread the wealth of premier players to something other then just wingers. And left wingers at that.
And just how many of those do you think we have??

Old
11-01-2010, 05:50 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

We won't be seeing any more premier players until we get lucky enough to draft one. Does anyone really believe otherwise?

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Maybe at the deadline Howson trades some pieces for one, or this summer after we have a nice playoff run a free agent will see a good fit here. Should I add a sarcasm smiley or a shake head?

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
Maybe at the deadline Howson trades some pieces for one, or this summer after we have a nice playoff run a free agent will see a good fit here. Should I add a sarcasm smiley or a shake head?
yes...

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 06:51 PM
blahblah

Quote:
And just how many of those do you think we have??
One maybe two (depends on Nikki). I don't want to spend 15 million on 2 left wingers. Is there something that you're confused about here?

Old
11-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Nash or Parise. Not both please. And, yes, I'd rather have Parise.
Agreed, but this thread is not reality-Howson simply does not make moves on this scale. Never happen.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 08:53 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
One maybe two (depends on Nikki). I don't want to spend 15 million on 2 left wingers. Is there something that you're confused about here?
No, Blah, I'm not confused but I know you would be one of the ones I turned to if I was. Puzzled maybe. In your original post, you talked about spreading the wealth of premier players. Now you think we have 2, possibly. Not quite my definition of 'wealth'.

I know what you're saying about not wanting to spend 15 mil on 2 wingers but one thing that boggles my mind is that we seem to be a team that holds on to the philosophy that we are going to acquire premier talent by development of our youth...but then the first time they show any sign of potential we sign them to long term contracts at veteran pay.

Old
11-01-2010, 09:28 PM
blahblah

Quote:
No, Blah, I'm not confused but I know you would be one of the ones I turned to if I was. Puzzled maybe. In your original post, you talked about spreading the wealth of premier players. Now you think we have 2, possibly. Not quite my definition of 'wealth'.
I was referring to wealth as a budgetary term, not in terms of roster strength.

Quote:
I know what you're saying about not wanting to spend 15 mil on 2 wingers but one thing that boggles my mind is that we seem to be a team that holds on to the philosophy that we are going to acquire premier talent by development of our youth...but then the first time they show any sign of potential we sign them to long term contracts at veteran pay.
I'm as confused as you are with that. I just meant that if we're going to have 2 7+ million players let's have one at wing and another at center or D. Just a hope on my part.

Old
11-01-2010, 09:39 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
I was referring to wealth as a budgetary term, not in terms of roster strength.

I'm as confused as you are with that. I just meant that if we're going to have 2 7+ million players let's have one at wing and another at center or D. Just a hope on my part.

I agree, kinda. I have this dream of having more than one consistent scorer and a strong center who enjoys assists. But then again, I also dream of spreading the wealth, equally, based upon performance bonuses and not blank checks based upon dimples. Howson and I do not share this dream. LOL

Old
11-02-2010, 04:50 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
I'd give them Filatov + Umby + 1st for Parise. But this deal only works for the Jackets if the Devils want to get rid of him quickly. Plus it'd be dumb for Howson to offer Brass/Jake if Parise isnt going to sign in Columbus.
Too much for Parise.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Too much for Parise.
Then just trade Filatov.... (just joking mt)

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 11:41 AM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
How many times must it be said--a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

I'll take Parise over Filatov. Or Voracek. Or Brassard. And I'll even throw in a pile of magic beans known as the Blue Jackets first round pick in 2011.

And if it came to Nash versus Parise, I'd still take Parise. The guy's been a point a game player on a New Jersey team that quite frankly doesn't have a ton of offensive firepower. He was the heart and soul of the American Olympic squad. Parise is a guy that is worthy of having a "C" on his chest.

This is all pointless anyhow. For starters, I don't believe for a second that Parise is begging to leave NJ. Beyond that, even if he were, Howson would never come up with what Lou would ask for.
Exactly how I feel. Would love to have him.

However, every time a rumor comes around, its just that. I feel like we will never make a significant trade. Look at all the Souray smoke just a couple weeks ago. Im not even gonna bother getting my hopes up.

MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:08 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

I like Parise a lot, too, and would love to have him with the Jackets. I found the comparison with Nash to be interesting. Both are 26, but Nash has more NHL games (527 t0 419).

Here are their goals and assists in the league:

Parise: 163 goals, 178 assists
Nash: 230 goals, 197 assists

As has been pointed out, neither has played on a team with much offensive firepower, so both have pretty much had to do it on their own. I would rather have them both here than either; but, if forced to choose, I'd stick with Nash, strictly because of his long-time association with the team and because of the loyalty he's shown by re-upping, last summer. I'm a "softy" and it would please me to have Nash around when things finally start to go right. That's assuming I'm still around, by then!

In any case, I don't see much chance of us adding a player of Parise's quality and cost to this team, anytime soon. We can certainly wish, though...

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Well put, pete, I agree with you completely.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:04 AM
CBJevertrue

A couple things.

Nash isn't doing **** this year and even the dispatch is flaming the crap out him.

Of course last night with his non lazy skating and 1 goal he actually seemed to look better.

Parise... I wouldn't trade anyone on the jackets for him ... hell he is out for awhile on IR!

We need a "Real" first line center such as a Thornton or whoever and maybe another defenseme .... i.e. Souray

I am sure a Commodore trade and maybe even a Mason trade... Yes Mason needs to be sent back down to the AHL Garon made the starter and get him a backup.

ok ready get set FLAME

CBJevertrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:38 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Then just trade Filatov.... (just joking mt)
That is good.

Old
11-03-2010, 09:39 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Pete the problem is Nash salary for New Jersey.

Old
11-03-2010, 09:41 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJevertrue View Post
A couple things.

Nash isn't doing **** this year and even the dispatch is flaming the crap out him.

Of course last night with his non lazy skating and 1 goal he actually seemed to look better.

Parise... I wouldn't trade anyone on the jackets for him ... hell he is out for awhile on IR!

We need a "Real" first line center such as a Thornton or whoever and maybe another defenseme .... i.e. Souray

I am sure a Commodore trade and maybe even a Mason trade... Yes Mason needs to be sent back down to the AHL Garon made the starter and get him a backup.

ok ready get set FLAME
Normally it's my job at the Shadow Moderator to welcome n00bs to the board regardless of how bad their first post is, but the terms of my probation forbid contact with minors, so I am not allowed to welcome or comment.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
I like the new guy, let's keep him.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Normally it's my job at the Shadow Moderator to welcome n00bs to the board regardless of how bad their first post is, but the terms of my probation forbid contact with minors, so I am not allowed to welcome or comment.
And the real reason you left the U.S. finally comes out.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote