HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: The Walking Dead

Old
10-17-2011, 11:45 AM
SometimesY

vCash: 500
If they have their choice of vehicles they should get a new RV..

SometimesY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 01:48 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
i never got into the comics, but if the first 10+ issues were as boring and poorly written as the TV series i would have quit on the series already.
are you normally a graphic novel fan? i ask because you're literally one of a very small group of people who are comic-readers who haven't absolutely LOVED the series... just curious, not harping on you (each to their own afterall)

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Comics were great. Glad to see the show got back to the story line a bit with Carl getting popped in the woods like that.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperandblue897 View Post
The ending was good. But why did they let a kid walk up to a deer? I get thats what makes the storyline work, but who does that? It is a wild animal.
Rick just had a spiritual moment. He prayed for a miracle and then they run into the deer who doesn't just run away from them.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
My only question is where is Merle? He won't be a happy camper when he makes his reappearance. I also want to know what's up with the balck guy and his son. Cannot wait for season 2 to start!!

Oh yeah, and what the hell did the Doc say to Rick Grimes at the end of TS-19?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I'm curious about Merle and the black family as well. I'm pretty sure that Merle will show up again looking for vengeance.
I'm taking a wild guess that the Doc told Rick that his wife is pregnant and my guess is that the baby is Shane's, not Rick's.
I know these are old posts I'm responding to but I have some thoughts on this.

Now if memory serves (been a while since I saw the episode), when they were in Atlanta and they went back for the moving truck it was gone. I'm thinkin' that Merle got to it first and lured some walkers in, closed 'er up and took a drive out to the camp. I'm thinkin' he opened it up and let his vengeance flow upon the camp and poor Amy. That's my theory anyway.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
I thought the premiere 90 minute episode of season 2 was pretty damn killer.

Some great character stuff going on like the scene between Dale and Andrea was pretty intense.

Totally loved it when the little girl got lost in the woods on the run from zombies. Rick and Daryl are tracking her trail and come across a hippie preacher zombie. They kill him and notice he seems to fairly fresh flesh in his teeth. So they cut him open, pull out his innards and finally his they slice open it's stomach to examine the contents to make sure whether or not any chunks of the girl are in there but it turns out to be a rodent. So awesome and I loved Rick's reactions when Daryl is going through the dissection.

Did Daryl cut off the widow zombies nose with that little hooked machete thing.

Emotional ending obviously as well. Two thumbs up from me. Hope the rest of the season is this good.

ODH - I shared the same sentiments and I loved both parts that you mentioned - the zombie vivisection and the argument between Andrea and Dale. In particular - the Dale/Andrea dynamic and lines I thought were well-written and thought provoking.

On the minus side - too many commercials and #2 - HOW COULD THEY FAIL TO NOTICE THE HERD OF ZOMBIES SNEAKING UP ON THEM ON THE HIGHWAY?

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SometimesY View Post

Thats one thing I couldn't understand. They are looking at a river of abandoned cars, most probably with the keys still in them. Why not just get a new one that doesn't have persistent engine problems.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
ODH - I shared the same sentiments and I loved both parts that you mentioned - the zombie vivisection and the argument between Andrea and Dale. In particular - the Dale/Andrea dynamic and lines I thought were well-written and thought provoking.

On the minus side - too many commercials and #2 - HOW COULD THEY FAIL TO NOTICE THE HERD OF ZOMBIES SNEAKING UP ON THEM ON THE HIGHWAY?
They didnt. Rick was about to headshot one and then saw several coming and then got them all to hide which would have worked if that stupid girl didnt get out from under the car early. Plus there was like flipped semi trucks and busses and stuff blocking the biew

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Jamin

One thing that was really bugging me was that lady with the shaved head chewing out Rick. Her stupid kid just runs away and he instantly puts his life on the line and chases after her into a scary unknown forest. Then all she does is blame him, i was so happy for the wife to finally snap at the whole group.

Without the 2 cops or the redneck these people are literally useless

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
That is a good question since they came from the direction they just drove from. The only other thing I was thinking as we seen in the first season they sometimes travel in packs through the woods. They could have been traveling through the woods until they came to the clearing / highway and then just followed from the road. They may have even heard the general noise they were making and went in that direction.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:01 PM
ohheyhemsky

vCash: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post

Now if memory serves (been a while since I saw the episode), when they were in Atlanta and they went back for the moving truck it was gone. I'm thinkin' that Merle got to it first and lured some walkers in, closed 'er up and took a drive out to the camp. I'm thinkin' he opened it up and let his vengeance flow upon the camp and poor Amy. That's my theory anyway.
Amy was the hottest one.

God damn.

ohheyhemsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Ranford

Quote:
Originally Posted by SometimesY View Post

Maybe he is partial to it. I love my truck. In event of zombie apocolypse, if it came down to leaving my wife or truck, there would be some hard decisions to make

Ranford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:31 PM
ohheyhemsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranford View Post
Maybe he is partial to it. I love my truck. In event of zombie apocolypse, if it came down to leaving my wife or truck, there would be some hard decisions to make
I still never got why they chose to keep the RV, as it's a gas guzzler and breaks down constantly but then I looked at the tangibles. Lots, and lots of storage. It'll take more fuel, but might be better especially after finding loads like that water van. Also, it's his baby. You see how he attached himself to Amy and her sister emotionally, it's not hard to believe he's made an attachment to his RV. Also, it's used to grab a high ground 360 look around their zone when stopped.

Still, it's pretty clear it's a hassle.

Old
10-17-2011, 05:40 PM
metallicat

Awesome awesome episode. AMC is kicking the crap out of the competition with this and Breaking Bad alone.

metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:44 PM
ohheyhemsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Awesome awesome episode. AMC is kicking the crap out of the competition with this and Breaking Bad alone.
Amc is just destroying everything. They're taking the reigns from HBO.

Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Walking dead.. man. That alone. Stoked AMC is teamed up with Netflix now too.

Old
10-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post

That's a pretty awesome sounding theory! But would Merle know that Darrel was or wasn't at the camp still? Would he put his bro in danger? Or alternatively, would he trust that Darryl could take care of himself?

Good theory that could work a couple of ways.

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Heh. The new series Hell on Wheels looks like it might have some possibilities as well. Who doesn't like a good Western!!

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:50 PM
metallicat

The Killing was alright too, but frustrating at times. Rubicon was a flop, IMO. But you're right, the new western looks like it has potential.

Old
10-17-2011, 05:53 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Heh. The new series Hell on Wheels looks like it might have some possibilities as well. Who doesn't like a good Western!!
Yeah, that Hell on Wheels promo (one of ten million promos last night) looked pretty cool.

CupofOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:55 PM
metallicat

I haven't been able to get into Mad Men, just not sure why. I have tried watching since it got added to Netflix, and it doesn't grab me.

Old
10-17-2011, 05:57 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
1) Good episode, great first 30 minutes or so with the intense close encounter with the Walkers on the road.

2) Daryl is supremely badass.

3) Sophia is an idiot for not waiting for Rick, she's 12 and should know better.

4) Why did Rick and Shane let Carl walk up to a wild deer?

5) Shane is a complete tool.

5) Too many damn commercials.
Agreed on all counts except the first #5. He's not the greatest guy ever but I don't think he's being a tool.

I also want to ask, as some others have mentioned, how the **** do you not notice 30 zombies approaching you on a highway?

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post
Amy was the hottest one.

God damn.
Yeah she was a gem, I was so disappointed when they killed her. At least Laurie Holden is still walkin' around being all hot and stuff. She survived Silent Hill, she can survive the walkers!

Last edited by Puritania: 10-17-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old
10-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

Quote:
That's a pretty awesome sounding theory! But would Merle know that Darrel was or wasn't at the camp still? Would he put his bro in danger? Or alternatively, would he trust that Darryl could take care of himself?

Good theory that could work a couple of ways.
The way I see it, I could see him thinking his brother is a tough son of a ***** who can handle himself (which he clearly can, that hick is a beast) or he was blinded by rage and didn't take anything into account other than KILL ALL HUMANS!

He is a big, tough, angry, racist who was (in his mind) left to die by an african american, I bet he would be enraged and prone to make some rash decisions.

Old
10-17-2011, 06:34 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

loved that first (extended) episode. It had a slower pace than I expected but it still hit all the right marks for me. Can't wait for next week.

CanadianCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCommie View Post
loved that first (extended) episode. It had a slower pace than I expected but it still hit all the right marks for me. Can't wait for next week.
Less commercial breaks are needed though, so frustrating to watch the same crappy ads more than the actual show.