HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

OT: The Walking Dead

Old
10-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
3 hopes for this season.

1.) death of Lori. (preferably gory)
2.) More T-Dogg
3.) More zombies.

10-14-2012, 07:06 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

vCash: 500
I'm hoping the prison really ratchets up some of the more colourful and difficult decisions that they'll have to make. They've had to make plenty of tough choices, but the comics are far more unforgiving than the tv show is.

I am stoked that the show is back on though; I just watched the first half of season 1 with my girlfriend who, despite being a resident evil fan, never had watched or read Walking Dead.

I'm ready for some zombies.

CanadianCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

What time is it on Edmonton time?

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
What time is it on Edmonton time?
2 mins! then replayed again at 8

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Tonights episode was so awesome. That is all.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:26 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
3 hopes for this season.

2.) More T-Dogg
3.) More zombies.
i think everybody can agree on this... by FAR the most annoying character on the TV show, and the really bad part is that the character isn't annoying at all in the comic book series

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Oilception

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
3 hopes for this season.

2.) More T-Dogg
3.) More zombies.
I agree with 2 of 3 of these, do i ever hate Lori, and do i love zombies, but why more T-Dogg? personally dont care for him at all. he would be my guess for next main character to die

on a side note this new episode was everything i could have asked for

Oilception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:56 AM
MrWoof
DBU luvs me!

vCash: 50
Exceptional hour of television. The last scene was incredibly gripping and wrought with so much tension.

Herschel is one of my favorite characters though.

MrWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 01:39 AM
ohheyhemsky

**** the title "The Walking Dead", it should just be called:

"Kill or mame every character ohheyhemsky likes"

I'm still pissed Amy is dead. ****.

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 02:56 AM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
That's funny, I've hated pretty much every character who has died so far haha

T-Funk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 03:06 AM
ohheyhemsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
That's funny, I've hated pretty much every character who has died so far haha
I like(d) Dale, Amy, Hershel, and Jim.

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post
**** the title "The Walking Dead", it should just be called:

"Kill or mame every character ohheyhemsky likes"

I'm still pissed Amy is dead. ****.
Don't read the comics then, its got triple the character killing!

Hey everyone meet so and so a new character... lets start developing his back stor.. NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM....

My favorite Laurism...

Hey Rick I need to tell you the baby isn't yours, Rick, we need to talk about how this isn't your baby. Rick quit killing zombies we need to talk about what we both already know. Rick its not you baby! WHY WONT RICK LISTEN TO ME TELL HIM ITS NOT HIS BABY?!

Old
10-15-2012, 08:43 AM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Don't read the comics then, its got triple the character killing!

Hey everyone meet so and so a new character... lets start developing his back stor.. NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM....

My favorite Laurism...

Hey Rick I need to tell you the baby isn't yours, Rick, we need to talk about how this isn't your baby. Rick quit killing zombies we need to talk about what we both already know. Rick its not you baby! WHY WONT RICK LISTEN TO ME TELL HIM ITS NOT HIS BABY?!

She's irritating, but if she's the worst part of the show then I'll stomach that to get all the good parts.

I really like that they're delving back into the comics with this new season (at least thus far) for their source material. They really wandered around with the story last season so, even if it's not panel-for-panel, a lot of the first episode this season felt like they ripped it out of the comic's storyline and just brought it to life.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:03 AM
CupofOil
Fire Lowe

Man, that was an intense episode, it was better than any episode since early Season 1 IMO.
The anti-Lori crowd (myself included) might get our wish if the baby is a stillborn and bites her although babies don't have teeth but with the show being so unrealistic up until this point, why the hell not? I think most of us wouldn't mind a painful Lori death.

I knew once they focused on the Walker on the ground that Herschel was about to get bit, don't know why he wasn't more careful there, can't take anything for granted in that world especially after all they have been through. I wonder if Rick chopping off that portion of Herschel's leg will save him although one would think that he would bleed out pretty quick in that situation and with them having limited medical supplies (i think), it will be a longshot to save him.
Loved the Michonne (sp) scenes too.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Stoneman89

Watched the show last night for the first time, and with my kids. They've very knowledgable and analytical about the show, but they couldn't give me an answer on one thing. After seeing zombies go after any kind of fresh meat they could find, and needing to stab or shoot them in the brain to finish them off, I found it curious about the 2 zombie slaves with their arms cut off and jaw removed that were used by the black lady as porters. Just because they had the jaw removed and couldn't bite and arms cut off so they couldn't grab, did they have their natural zombie instincts to attack removed as well?

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Watched the show last night for the first time, and with my kids. They've very knowledgable and analytical about the show, but they couldn't give me an answer on one thing. After seeing zombies go after any kind of fresh meat they could find, and needing to stab or shoot them in the brain to finish them off, I found it curious about the 2 zombie slaves with their arms cut off and jaw removed that were used by the black lady as porters. Just because they had the jaw removed and couldn't bite and arms cut off so they couldn't grab, did they have their natural zombie instincts to attack removed as well?
In the comics she mentions that they tried at first but eventually gave up and just followed her. Zombies may be slightly less clueless than one would think.

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:10 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

Quote:
In the comics their basic cognitive skills are a bit of an unknown. I don't know how much they'll explore of this in the show, but they've already touched on parts of this. If you watch season 1 in the episode where they dismember a zombie to "trick" them into thinking they're dead, the zombies clearly show some basic processing of Glen and Rick (the sheriff) as to whether they're alive or not based on their smell and movement and even whether they vocalize a certain way.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Master Lok

Awesome season opener.

I liked the group finally becoming a smooth zombie killing machine. None of the secondguessing, the backtalking, the lack of command structure, the lack of focus. One goal - survival. Only focus.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:
They are her boyfriend and his best friend. She cut off their jaws and arms so they couldn't attack her. Apparently they just stopped trying after a while. In the comics she carried them around just so other zombies wouldn't notice her. The smell, the zombie walk, and she was hooded too, so that helped. I don't remember them carrying anything for her in the comic. But that's pretty smart if you think about it.

Neilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

The show differs quite a bit from the comic. But this season should be intense. I don't know if they'll cover all of the prison stuff in one season. But its gonna be a blood bath with very few escaping alive. This season will make you forget about season two.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilio View Post
The show differs quite a bit from the comic. But this season should be intense. I don't know if they'll cover all of the prison stuff in one season. But its gonna be a blood bath with very few escaping alive. This season will make you forget about season two.
I hear the prison will extend into next season, so I'm guessing the hosile contact between The prison and Woodburry will mostly occur during season 4.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Perfect_Drug

Loved that first episode, but my god I hated their lack of strategy. I don't get why they wouldn't just call all the zombies over, and poke them in the eyes through the fence.

Then do the same in the prison. Create a choke point.

It's what they did in 300, and it's what you do in Starcraft (The Korean would have known that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
I hear the prison will extend into next season, so I'm guessing the hosile contact between The prison and Woodburry will mostly occur during season 4.
SPOILER ALERT:

He's already been cast and put in Season 3. Along with Merle.

Perfect_Drug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 01:30 PM
MoneyGuy

How did the zombies learn to wear those helmets and shields? They're stupid so how did they figure that one out?

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
Yeah, I figured. Lots going on.

Season two was actually quite a small portion of the overall story. It would have/should have covered about three episodes if it followed the comic. But the whole Rick/Shane thing needed to get resolved because Shane was killed pretty early in the comic.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Drug View Post

SPOILER ALERT:

He's already been cast and put in Season 3. Along with Merle.
I'm aware he's been cast, but I am saying the war won't be until next season. This season will be the conflicts within their respective colonies more than the contact between them.