HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: The Walking Dead

Old
11-26-2012, 01:53 PM
jadeddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
I think they should of. It would take things to a whole other level. They need him to be more a monster and so far, the Governor hasn't done enough to earn that. From what I've been told, in the comics, he's crazy and a complete monster. If you ask me, he seems fairly tame in the show.
the comic version of the govenor makes the TV version look like mr.dressup

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
the comic version of the govenor makes the TV version look like mr.dressup
Agreed, however don't you be giving **** to Mr. Dressup, he'll **** you up.

Diamondillium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Ya I don't think they would make a comic governor on TV

SPOILER

Although it would be crazy to see him shoot a pregnant Lori in the stomach with a shotgun

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
Ya I don't think they would make a comic governor on TV

SPOILER

Spoil:
Although it would be crazy to see him shoot a pregnant Lori in the stomach with a shotgun
Spoil:
Not pregnant, holding recently-born baby.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
Spoil:
Not pregnant, holding recently-born baby.
My bad!

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Yup, so far ... the tv show is the "nice" version of him.

To mildly spoil things Michonne and the Gov basically *uck each other up.

Patch101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 04:32 AM
eskies4life

The Walking Dead would be third on my list of best Drama's I have ever seen.

1. The Wire
2. Breaking Bad
3. The Walking Dead

Btw for any Wire fans out their on the mid-season finale they are supposed to be debuting a new character called Tyreese (he's in the comics). Anyway he's being played by Chad Coleman who played one of my favourite Wire characters Dennis Wise..Can't wait.

eskies4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskies4life View Post

1. The Wire
2. Breaking Bad
3. The Walking Dead

Btw for any Wire fans out their on the mid-season finale they are supposed to be debuting a new character called Tyreese (he's in the comics). Anyway he's being played by Chad Coleman who played one of my favourite Wire characters Dennis Wise..Can't wait.
That's interesting. I thought for a while that they weren't going to have him. Or his character would be merged with the character of an existing one, like T-Dog or Oscar. That's good. The prison group needs some numbers.

Neilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 02:15 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

I would break it down like so

Michonne as OV; sick sniping abilities, speed, and physicality. Can she handle the playoffs though?

Rick as Mike Richards; gritty two-way centerman....leader...with a bit of an injury history. Is he as effective without the Jeff Carter bro-mance?

Glen and Maggie as Marincin and Schultz; two young rookie defence partners that may see some plus development because of the lockout. Glen has some massive upside after being a 1st round pick and hoby baker finalist.

Carl as Markstrom; the promising goalie prospect ready for a shot in the bigs.

Darrell as Hemsky; Merle as Regehr; There is some history there and Regehr seems to be able to shut down Hemsky with a huge check every once and a while....and even though I think everyone knows that Hemsky is capable of outplaying Regehr, you still have to wonder if Regehr has gotten to Hemmers head..

Governor as Crosby; not the most skilled player in terms of shot, beauty dekes, or speed...but has deadly vision, puck control and core strength...one of the best players in the league...head injuries may detract though...and he tends to yap a little much.

Guard/Arena Fighter#1 as Engelland; Has shown some pugilistic skills. Still is a bit of an unknown in terms of offense. May lack the requisite IQ...and prone to mistakes.

Penny as Avery; Erratic behavior tends to disrupt the locker room, bit of a pylon in terms of scoring.

Bowgirl as Daigle; Young prospect that has skills but lacks the drive and compete to make it in the bigs. Might be the worst first overall pick in recent memory.

Andrea as Toskala; Not a very reliable big game goalie, lacks the ability to stay in close games. Could end up hurting the team more than helping them. Past her prime.

Team Prison
Ovechkin-Richards-Hemsky
Marincin-Schultz
Markstrom

Team Woodbury
Daigle-Crosby-Avery
Regehr-Engelland
Toskala

Last edited by BoldNewLettuce: 11-27-2012 at 02:22 PM.
BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Baggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskies4life View Post

1. The Wire
2. Breaking Bad
3. The Walking Dead

This season's Boardwalk Empire is turning that show into one of my all-time favorite series

Baggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 09:10 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Hemsky could never be Darrell

Messier would be more like it.

Merle = Gary Roberts

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:19 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

whatever the case....elaborate GDT thread for next episode please.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:38 PM
spyderjam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Merle's a toss up. Has heart but no hands
out of all those random comments, I can't believe no one noticed this golden one. you, my good sir, deserve a slow clap.

*Clap*.....*Clap*.....*Clap*....

spyderjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
whatever the case....elaborate GDT thread for next episode please.
A GDT would just be too awesome, make the whole thing dedicated to discussing it like a hockey game.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:19 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldnewlettuce View Post
i would break it down like so

michonne as ov; sick sniping abilities, speed, and physicality. Can she handle the playoffs though?

rick as mike richards; gritty two-way centerman....leader...with a bit of an injury history. Is he as effective without the jeff carter bro-mance?

glen and maggie as marincin and schultz; two young rookie defence partners that may see some plus development because of the lockout. Glen has some massive upside after being a 1st round pick and hoby baker finalist.

carl as markstrom; the promising goalie prospect ready for a shot in the bigs.

darrell as hemsky; merle as regehr; there is some history there and regehr seems to be able to shut down hemsky with a huge check every once and a while....and even though i think everyone knows that hemsky is capable of outplaying regehr, you still have to wonder if regehr has gotten to hemmers head..

governor as crosby; not the most skilled player in terms of shot, beauty dekes, or speed...but has deadly vision, puck control and core strength...one of the best players in the league...head injuries may detract though...and he tends to yap a little much.

guard/arena fighter#1 as engelland; has shown some pugilistic skills. Still is a bit of an unknown in terms of offense. May lack the requisite iq...and prone to mistakes.

penny as avery; erratic behavior tends to disrupt the locker room, bit of a pylon in terms of scoring.

bowgirl as daigle; young prospect that has skills but lacks the drive and compete to make it in the bigs. Might be the worst first overall pick in recent memory.

andrea as toskala; not a very reliable big game goalie, lacks the ability to stay in close games. Could end up hurting the team more than helping them. Past her prime.

Team prison
ovechkin-richards-hemsky
marincin-schultz
markstrom

team woodbury
daigle-crosby-avery
regehr-engelland
toskala
well done sir

Glen has really let me down. He is showing signs of being too soft. Not finishing his check when he needed to... and now we are being led into a whole bunch of BS that never should have happened.

When players dont finish their checks they get sent to the dog house to be tied up and fed to walkers. Now the entire team has been put on their heels.
This needs to be brought up in arbitration.

I dont care how well he can deal with a walker. If the guy hesitates that much on pulling the trigger when the team really needs him to than you have to really ask why he isnt demoted back down to water boy. I wonder; if Maggie had stayed put at the jail when Glen bumped into Merle... if he would have hesitated that much in sniping top shelf right at the first twitch by Merle. Glen needs to get his head on stright and know the lights of his career can go right out with just one bad read.

Last edited by oilinblood: 11-29-2012 at 08:33 PM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:09 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
I would break it down like so

Michonne as OV; sick sniping abilities, speed, and physicality. Can she handle the playoffs though?

Rick as Mike Richards; gritty two-way centerman....leader...with a bit of an injury history. Is he as effective without the Jeff Carter bro-mance?

Glen and Maggie as Marincin and Schultz; two young rookie defence partners that may see some plus development because of the lockout. Glen has some massive upside after being a 1st round pick and hoby baker finalist.

Carl as Markstrom; the promising goalie prospect ready for a shot in the bigs.

Darrell as Hemsky; Merle as Regehr; There is some history there and Regehr seems to be able to shut down Hemsky with a huge check every once and a while....and even though I think everyone knows that Hemsky is capable of outplaying Regehr, you still have to wonder if Regehr has gotten to Hemmers head..

Governor as Crosby; not the most skilled player in terms of shot, beauty dekes, or speed...but has deadly vision, puck control and core strength...one of the best players in the league...head injuries may detract though...and he tends to yap a little much.

Guard/Arena Fighter#1 as Engelland; Has shown some pugilistic skills. Still is a bit of an unknown in terms of offense. May lack the requisite IQ...and prone to mistakes.

Penny as Avery; Erratic behavior tends to disrupt the locker room, bit of a pylon in terms of scoring.

Bowgirl as Daigle; Young prospect that has skills but lacks the drive and compete to make it in the bigs. Might be the worst first overall pick in recent memory.

Andrea as Toskala; Not a very reliable big game goalie, lacks the ability to stay in close games. Could end up hurting the team more than helping them. Past her prime.

Team Prison
Ovechkin-Richards-Hemsky
Marincin-Schultz
Markstrom

Team Woodbury
Daigle-Crosby-Avery
Regehr-Engelland
Toskala
Great post! Very well done.

Dorian2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Petro Points

Paajarvi needs to be Maggie.. Glen can be Lander

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 05:31 PM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

I just finished reading all of the comics and I'm astounded at how many storylines the show has to choose from. Provided they find the right actors and the ratings stay high this show could go on for a long time.

Pretty excited for the mid-season finale but at the same time I'm annoyed that there's such thing as a mid-season finale. Anyone know when the show will return after the holidays?

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
One of the weakest scenes in the series for me is Glenn and his girl going on the latest raid in zombie apocalypse kissing, holding hands, like they're on a first date at disneyland. This despite such raids being regularly depicted as the most harrowing events in the series and just short of entering House of 1000 corpses and living to tell about it..But here they are enjoying a beautiful day in the park..
Well, they did drop their pants in that pharmacy last season, and that didn't bite them in the ass...

Son of Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 05:41 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Great post! Very well done.
I am....but a small bird perched on the shoulders of giants...

Old
11-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
I just finished reading all of the comics and I'm astounded at how many storylines the show has to choose from. Provided they find the right actors and the ratings stay high this show could go on for a long time.

Pretty excited for the mid-season finale but at the same time I'm annoyed that there's such thing as a mid-season finale. Anyone know when the show will return after the holidays?
February.

Not sure why everybody hates mid-season breaks. I'd much rather split it up into 2 short waits, rather than have it like Game of Thrones where we wait almost a year in between seasons.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:05 PM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
February.

Not sure why everybody hates mid-season breaks. I'd much rather split it up into 2 short waits, rather than have it like Game of Thrones where we wait almost a year in between seasons.
I suppose it's personal preference I guess.

February isn't actually all that bad since I don't mind a break during the Holiday season. I thought AMC was doing the same thing they're doing with Breaking Bad where there's an enormous gap in the middle of the season.

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 10:09 PM
eskies4life

Amazing

eskies4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Halibut

Quote: