HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Darth Darche/Darche Vader the 13th forward appreciation thread

Old
10-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Toro

vCash: 500
Darth Darche/Darche Vader the 13th forward appreciation thread

Just wanna give kudos to the man for playing a good 2 way go to the net game out there.

Last edited by Toro: 10-31-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 11:12 PM
KristoLeblanc*

First time this season that he isn't a liability on the ice.

I'd much rather have Boyd's speed out there. I don't like Darche at all.

KristoLeblanc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 11:13 PM
c hand 29*

I was going to make this earlier. Seemed like I was the only one arguing for Darche in the PGT. Guy is so useful doing the little things right. Sad part is, it is hard for most people to notice these little things.

c hand 29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 11:14 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

He's okay, I admire his work ethic and determination.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornwallcreeper View Post
I was going to make this earlier. Seemed like I was the only one arguing for Darche in the PGT. Guy is so useful doing the little things right. Sad part is, it is hard for most people to notice these little things.
ya, the face only a coach could love...

Old
10-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Agreed. People love to hate Darche for some reason: I think it's mostly due to the fact that he's not flashy with great hands or a guy with any real upside. Fact is, guys like him, Moen and Halpern are the reason why our bottom 6 is so stable right now, and their even chipping with goals. Boyd will get his chance eventually, but the fact of the matter is the bottom lines are all showing decent chemistry right now, and Martin usually doesn't break up good chemistry because he feels needs to throw a guy a bone. I think we should just take a step back and be happy that we have a guy like Boyd to fill in on any line basically if someone gets injured.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Darche is darche. He doesn't play outside of himself. He is pretty much a textbook player that coaches like to have around.

He's a bigger, but slower tom pyatt type in the sense that they keep things ultra simple and they are very cognizant of the fundamentals. They are just a couple of safe players who rarely make bad decisions with the puck.

Darche is coming off two consecutive games where he had a positive direct and indirect impact on the results. Combine that with the team winning, and it means that Boyd is gonna have to sit for at least another game.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 11:57 PM
c hand 29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Agreed. People love to hate Darche for some reason: I think it's mostly due to the fact that he's not flashy with great hands or a guy with any real upside. Fact is, guys like him, Moen and Halpern are the reason why our bottom 6 is so stable right now, and their even chipping with goals. Boyd will get his chance eventually, but the fact of the matter is the bottom lines are all showing decent chemistry right now, and Martin usually doesn't break up good chemistry because he feels needs to throw a guy a bone. I think we should just take a step back and be happy that we have a guy like Boyd to fill in on any line basically if someone gets injured.
The problem is that it is very hard to notice what Darche brings to the team, because he does all the little things that people don't usually notice. For example, he is always in the right place and plays really well away from the puck, something Martin loves in a player.

He is great positionally and helps in every area of the ice. He plays the type of game Martin preaches, reliable at every end of the ice, be it offensively, defensively or the neutral zone. Of course he isn't too spectacular offensively, but he is always in the right spot which is how he was able to make the team last year: He is willing to go to the places not many players on the team go, like in front of the net (many powerplay points from simply going to the net last season).

A player like Ryan White gave his hardest effort in the preseason but White will have to take time to learn to play the style Martin likes, which is a main reason Boyd is being benched. Darche is great in all aspects of the game Martin wants a player to be in, and is very useful in a bottom six role.

I'm happy there are fans such as yourself who appreciate his contribution though.

c hand 29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Guilliam

I think it's obvious that he and Halpern like to play together. If the both keep playing like they did tonight I think Darche Vader (I just think it's better than Darth Darche ) could be a regular fixture on the fourth line.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
The problem is that it is very hard to notice what Darche brings to the team, because he does all the little things that people don't usually notice. For example, he is always in the right place and plays really well away from the puck, something Martin loves in a player.

He is great positionally and helps in every area of the ice. He plays the type of game Martin preaches, reliable at every end of the ice, be it offensively, defensively or the neutral zone. Of course he isn't too spectacular offensively, but he is always in the right spot which is how he was able to make the team last year: He is willing to go to the places not many players on the team go, like in front of the net (many powerplay points from simply going to the net last season).

A player like Ryan White gave his hardest effort in the preseason but White will have to take time to learn to play the style Martin likes, which is a main reason Boyd is being benched. Darche is great in all aspects of the game Martin wants a player to be in, and is very useful in a bottom six role.

I'm happy there are fans such as yourself who appreciate his contribution though.
I've been in Darche's and Pyatt's corner pretty much from day 1 because they are Martin's kind of players. I'm of the mind that if you aren't the most skilled player in the world, not doing exactly what the coach asks of you makes you an expendable player. It hasn't come as much as a surprise to me, therefore, why Moen, Darche and Pyatt keep getting shots with Gomez and Gionta. It's also a smart psychological tactic. If you keep giving bonuses to guys that work hard and play smart, they will gain more confidence, and probably produce more. Case in point tonight, Moen and Darche scored.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 12:10 AM
coolasprICE

I can't wait till he takes over Brunets job

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 01:47 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristoLeblanc View Post

Huh no.. Darche works extremmely hard and never put his team in trouble..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 03:09 AM
Kriss E

Here's a thought..Let's put him on the 2nd line next game!!..Yayyyy!!!

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 06:05 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Big Daddy Darche!

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 06:37 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristoLeblanc View Post

I don't find he is ever a liability, he's a guy taht won't hurt you defensively and can chip in a few goals. I think that Boyd should be there ahead of him most times though...not sure if JM is sending Boyd a message or he just doesn't want to mess with success.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 06:40 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
he is a trooper
the effort is there
but most of the skill is not

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:39 AM
neofury*

First of all it's Stan Darche, second of all he's the type of player that against some teams he's invisible, against others he's great.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Here's a thought..Let's put him on the 2nd line next game!!..Yayyyy!!!

Halpern - 5 pts
Pouliot - 4 pts
Darche - 1 pt

5 goals - 10 pts

Gomez - 3 pts
Gionta - 2 pts
Moen - 2 pts

3 goals - 7 pts

Darche IS on the 2nd line

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:51 AM

I wondered prior to the game what was Darche's added value to this team...well he showed me last night that he can/does have a role (beyond that of cheerleader and often-scratched-but-never-complain type of player) Darche does one thing really well and that's drive the net. On a team that doesn't have enough net presence on a shift to shift basis, I guess he DOES bring added value.

Good for him, he deserved a '4th star' last night

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:53 AM
1UP

Darche alone, meh.

Halpern alone, ok.

Both together, they have kind of a knack of one going to the net and the other feeding him through really basic but effective "send puck in the general direction of the net" that they become a serious threat.

Don't separate them!

1UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 09:34 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

I appreciate you Darche. I can't argue with a winning lineup and the contributions you have made to it lately.

Another positive that having a guy like Darche in the lineup is that he took the hard road of perseverance to the NHL and is a positive influence on younger players and even the vets, showing that if you work hard and play smart you can succeed in this league. I also enjoy our added depth having NHL capable players like Boyd and White chomping at the bit to get in.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Toro

A lot of good intelligent posts in this thread, Darche Vader is a pro vet that plays like a pro vet. He is a solid bottom 6 guy that doesn't demand to play every game and is ready when needed and can fill any role up front. What more does an NHL GM ask from a 13th forward?

oh maybe a league minimum salary? check..

Old
10-28-2010, 11:18 AM
baldrick

I love an underdog!
At least this will slow the "why Darche " posts for a while.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 12:08 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
He's effective in 1 out of every 8 games he plays. He had a good game last night, but against tougher opponent you see him struggle.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
A lot of good intelligent posts in this thread, Darche Vader is a pro vet that plays like a pro vet. He is a solid bottom 6 guy that doesn't demand to play every game and is ready when needed and can fill any role up front. What more does an NHL GM ask from a 13th forward?

oh maybe a league minimum salary? check..
You do realize not every GM will want the same thing?..Most of it will depend from your needs. Our present need is still scoring. So, for a 13th forward, we should have someone more offensively gifted, we don't need scrappers, we have enough of them already.

But hey, Darche makes 500K and won't cry went scratched. Matter of fact, he can be dressed and not play 1second in that game and shut up about it, he'll keep the bench warm, he's the best!

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote