HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spacek to sit next game?

Old
11-01-2010, 12:58 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
You can't sit a purple teletubbie! >:[

No seriously, it's about time. Martin and him have to work together to find a way to get him back in game shape because he can be very good for us.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:59 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I guess Martin is also brainwashED by RDS... damn, the french media, right ?
If you are going to try and make me look bad or try to goat me into some dumbass debate, atleast get it right !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:00 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsy37 View Post
Hammer has a brain fart that leads to breakaway (besides for committing one penalty a game) and Spacek sits? I rather play Spacek on his good side and sit the old, slow Hammer.
Hamrlik's been playing well all year so he should sit because he's made one mistake? Spacek makes like 5 mistakes that lead to good scoring chances a game.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:02 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

I would like to see

Markov-Hamrlik
Picard-Subban
Gill-Gorges

and on our PPs

Markov-Subban
Hamrlik-Picard

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:03 PM
walsy37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Hamrlik's been playing well all year so he should sit because he's made one mistake? Spacek makes like 5 mistakes that lead to good scoring chances a game.
I actually think they have both been awful this year. Hammer though is constantly leaving the team shorthanded and he is slooooowwwwww

walsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Kriss E

As much as Spacek has struggled, he wasn't bad last game.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's part of our roster tomorrow. This practice might just be a little wake up call. If he still has troubles next game, then he will be sat.

But I expect him to play tomorrow, and boy am I glad Moen is still on the 2nd line.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Ketzlaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
I would like to see

Markov-Hamrlik
Picard-Subban
Gill-Gorges

and on our PPs

Markov-Subban
Hamrlik-Picard
I don't like Markov and Subban together on the point. It completely destroys any chances of a one-timer from the point.

Ketzlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:06 PM
The Right Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Markov - Picard
Hamr - Subban
Gill - Gorges
Hopefully this is true.

Picard has deserved his place in the line-up instead of that effing Spacegoat.

Let's trade Spacek and his goat ass for a 7th rounder + a christmas tree Oh the christmas tree might be too much to ask for.

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:09 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsy37 View Post
Hammer has a brain fart that leads to breakaway (besides for committing one penalty a game) and Spacek sits? I rather play Spacek on his good side and sit the old, slow Hammer.
Ummm....?????? Hamrlik has been good so far. You want to sit him because of that one mistake?

11-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Spacek has earned it. But to me it's a good sign that we have the defensive depth to be able to scratch him.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:17 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

Any talk of sitting/scratching Hamrlik is downright silly. He was a first overall pick for a reason, when he is not overused he is great on both ends of the rink. With Markov and Subban now both in the line-up we will see less of Roman Hamrlik, but it will be a better version of him. I hope we resign him (at a reduced rate of course) this summer.

Old
Aurel Joliat

Good decision !
I prefer O'Byrne to Picard but it's ok. It's nice to see Spacek and Pyatt be scratch

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
swimmer77
Post Oates

Benching Spacek tomorrow could come to fruition Martin has already called him out in the media. Hamrlik's error definitely didn't help Spacek but unfortunately Spacek didn't do anything to prevent the situation either. He was even with Booth but lost the foot race. I kinda wish Martin would try this though before benching Spacek.......

Markov - Spacek
Hamrlik - Subban
Gill - Gorges

I think the Czechs are good players for the Habs but I never was keen on them together except if Markov is missing. But if Markov is back I'd rather JM try the above before benching Spacek.

If he's benched though I gotta believe it's a message that will be sent to a couple of other players if not the whole roster.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:19 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Spacek's mistakes are amplified by 1000 because of the french media, but there is no way in HELL you will notice Picards dumbass mistakes, because they will always blame someone else ! He is a 7th defenseman, ahl caliber ! Bring up Weber.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:19 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

Ballard may be back for the Canucks tonight and Hamhuis is close...not saying, just saying

Spacek + OByrne for Bieksa...

Markov-Bieksa
Hamrlik-Subban
Gill-Gorges
Picard

Old
11-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Bullsmith

I'll believe it when I see it, but I certainly wouldn't be upset if this actually happened. Pyatt and Spacek can't really argue they don't deserve to sit for a game.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Spacek's mistakes are amplified by 1000 because of the french media, but there is no way in HELL you will notice Picards dumbass mistakes, because they will always blame someone else ! He is a 7th defenseman, ahl caliber ! Bring up Weber.
It's not a media thing like quebecers in the club.
You only have to watch the games to see that Spacek can't do anything with the pucks. It's mistake, mistake and other mistake.

He play like MA Bargeron without the shot...

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:26 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Hamrlik has been fine. Spacek has not improved on what I would have originally chalked up to a slow start. No problems with him watching a game from the press box.

Also, how long until O'Byrne gets traded, at this point?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Mr Rogers

Maybe I wouldn't mind Spacek as much if he was playing in a dimished role. Less defensive responsibilities, shorter shifts etc.
I think he's OK for transition passes.

What I'm glad to see though is Boyd back in the lineup. Especially if he's part of Eller and Lapierre's line. I think that might bring some good speed and forecheck to the offense. However I would keep Eller at centre with Boyd on the wing.

I don't mind seeing Eller learning his chops as a 3rd line center for now. Many talented players went the same way. Look at Jordan Staal, I don't think his game is hindered by this. Look at Plekanec etc..

Mr Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:36 PM
kernkraft

I can't understand how some people think that Hamrlik is playing great out there. He's struggling, although not as much as Spacek. Once Jaro is out of the line-up, Roman's mistakes will be more obvious; hopefully Subban will be there to correct them.

And saying "he was a #1 overall draft pick for a reason" is not an argument. Go talk to Patrick Stefan if you don't believe me.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Universe
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Also, how long until O'Byrne gets traded, at this point?
That's what I wanna know.

Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:46 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

I think I should make a "Supertramp is right yet again" thread. I predicted the end of one-dimensional pyatt, and the two Czech sausages all season. Now we need pouls besides Gomez and Eller with Gio and I'll be batting a 100%.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Makes so much more sense since Subban and Hammer played great together last year.

What has Boyd done better than Pyatt this year? Answer ... nothing. Pyatt has been the bomb on the PK (huge reason we're ranked 6th). Martin just never seems to get it. One step forward and one step back. Boyd sucked on the PK in his last few games and has done nothing offensively either. And I like Boyd.
I'm really starting to get the impression that management has told Martin "don't bench Eller or we'll be torn a new ***hole in the press." Because the logical move was to sub in Boyd for Eller, not Pyatt. It's easier to bench a guy like Pyatt because he's just happy to be in the lineup--sort of like Darche. The second Darche has a couple of so-so games, Pyatt will probably replace him. Barring injuries, this is probably how things will play out all year long.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:25 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
LOL.

Besides, I thought "noticing" something actually involved taking note of something without somebody pointing out that "something".

I'd also point out the funny argument about the 7th D-Men.
If a guy is a 7th D-Men, that pretty much makes him an NHL'er, unless he's an AHL 7th D-Men (in which case, that guy wouldn't be in the NHL to begin with).

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
I can't understand how some people think that Hamrlik is playing great out there. He's struggling, although not as much as Spacek. Once Jaro is out of the line-up, Roman's mistakes will be more obvious; hopefully Subban will be there to correct them.

And saying "he was a #1 overall draft pick for a reason" is not an argument. Go talk to Patrick Stefan if you don't believe me.

I can't understand why people think Hamrlik is playing bad. He's been a rock solid defencemen ever since we signed him way back when. He missed all of training camp because of an injury and he comes back and is still playing better than Spacek and half the other defencemen. His skating needs to be better, but since he missed camp, I'm willing to wait for that to come....but Spacek has no excuses....ZERO. He's just playing rotten, his shot sucks and he makes bad decisions with the puck.

Spacek needs to sit and possibly traded...since Picard has emerged.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote