HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Spacek to sit next game?

Old
11-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
I guess I called it right I knew Spacek wasn't going to be scratched.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
am i crazy, or is this whole spacek thing being way overblown? i mean he's not playing that well but i don't think he's nearly as horrible as the media is portraying him to be right now.
No he's not...the agenda is clear here...

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Bud2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaix View Post
Yeh I read too fast I guess!

Spacek definately in, live from RDS
I'm pretty sure they edited it..

Bud2790 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:03 PM
McNuts

Spacek will play.

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I was skeptical too, its a little early for this kind of move.

though we see the media is way ahead of us

If it happens I don't see it going more than a game, and there will probably be some fake excuse about a phantom injury

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:05 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaix View Post
Yeh I read too fast I guess!

Spacek definately in, live from RDS
RDS edited their message

but lol at Spacek haters, hell be in the game

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:05 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Just heard on Team 1337 that Jacques now changes his mind and says he is a scratch.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Kriss E

I am hoping that Spacek is paired with Markov though.

Old
11-02-2010, 01:08 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I guess the title works, any game can be his last... :p

I don't feel he's playing that bad, I did enjoy his game in the playoffs last year, maybe we should take advantage of having Picard and sit spacek to keep him healthy and rested. Not sure how other people think about this, if benching him can hurt, but if he needs rest, like I said he did play well in the playoffs. Ya I know were in November and the playoffs are 6 month away but always thinking about the playoff excitement after last years run!

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I'm not a Spacek hater and think he will get his game in gear in due time, but I would like to have seen him sit out a game or two to clear his mind, rather than just keep plugging away.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Max Levine

I think we're exaggerating the significance of a player being scratched. Sure Spacek has a big salary but leaving him aside for one or two games shouldn't be perceived as the end of his journey in Montreal. Sometimes, a different point of view allows a player to become more confident and less confused.

That being said, I don't think Spacek is that bad. He makes mistakes we don't expect from someone like him but he's still solid.

As for O'Byrne being way ahead of Picard... I wish OB would be able to consistently make a good first pass to help the counter-attack. Right now, Picard's puck control ability brings much more than OB's size.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Znthnk

CAPTAIN Craig Rivet has been scratched for two games by Ruff. I don't see why Spacek can't get a little rest and perspective from the stands, when Picard has been pretty well.

Znthnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 04:56 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
I think we're exaggerating the significance of a player being scratched. Sure Spacek has a big salary but leaving him aside for one or two games shouldn't be perceived as the end of his journey in Montreal. Sometimes, a different point of view allows a player to become more confident and less confused.

That being said, I don't think Spacek is that bad. He makes mistakes we don't expect from someone like him but he's still solid.

As for O'Byrne being way ahead of Picard... I wish OB would be able to consistently make a good first pass to help the counter-attack. Right now, Picard's puck control ability brings much more than OB's size.
You sir see things from a impartial standpoint. I agree with everything in this post.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znthnk View Post
CAPTAIN Craig Rivet has been scratched for two games by Ruff. I don't see why Spacek can't get a little rest and perspective from the stands, when Picard has been pretty well.
It's not that simple.
First of all, we're not Buffalo, Rivet has been God awful and his team is far from doing well.
Second, Spacek hasn't been that bad. He had a poor pre-season and I think people are mixing up that and regular season together. The hate this guy has had is unwarranted and even if it may seem like we're struggling, we're allowing less shots on nets and less goals per game, Spacek has a much better turnover/game ratio, and is in the positive as he has more takeaways than giveaways. As much as improving our Defense would help, our priority remains finding that 6th forward.

Also, all of our Dman are playing 20min + a game. Picard only 14:50min and Spacek at 20:08. That means there's just under 6min to spread out among the rest. I don't think you want to give out any more ice time to Gill or Hammer. So you have to add 2min among PK, Markov and Gorges (or give it to Picard). I don't think Markov should get any added minutes, he needs time to get back into it, he was a step behind everyone and I felt 23min was a lot for him.

All in all, there's no real reason to scratch Spacek. He isn't costing us games, he doesn't have too many turnovers under his name (5), our defensive stats are much better than last year's...

If he has a poor game tonight and we lose, then perhaps you can scratch him on friday as we're having back to back games, but it wasn't necessary tonight.

Old
11-02-2010, 06:21 PM
deandebean

Spacek has been poor defensively. He rarely makes a solid outlet pass. He's been god-awful with the puck. He gets jammed up pretty quickly. Every team has picked up on that, because they continually dump and chase when he's on the ice. And rarely on Hamrlik's side. Everybody knows he's not very good right now.

And this french agenda thing is so ridiculous on this board, it borders on prejudice.Reminds me of how Republicans always call for some Liberal heads in conversations that don't turn into their favour.

And look at who caught the first penalty because of his excellent defensive play.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Chazz

if tony marinero says spacek sucks then he must suck cause tony marinero knows his stuff

Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:21 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

If he's not scratched next game then he likely never will. He's astonishingly terrible.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Weip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
The new Niniimaa?

Weip is offline   Reply With Quote